NDSU/Griz semifinals

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Prodigal Cat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: NDSU/Griz semifinals

Post by Prodigal Cat » Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:06 pm

FatBuffalo wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 2:56 pm
91catAlum wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 1:13 pm
FatBuffalo wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 12:35 pm
SDSUs defense is good but not great and I don't think they are playing very well down the stretch. I can easily see the Griz offense going off on that defense. Griz took you guys behind the woodshed and SDSU barely beat you. This game will be a lot closer than most of the loudmouths think it will.

I doubt the Griz get beat by 4 TDs like you guys did last year. If they lose it will be within 10
They just won their semi final game 59-0 so I'd say their D is playing just fine :lol:

If Bergen scores twice on special teams then the griz should be able to keep it close. Otherwise, no way its close.
Even though we were hurt and beat up injury wise we would shut out Albany too. Not really a big win. Jacks will have trouble with Montana linebackers speed, they wont score more than 30 unless Grizz turn the ball over a few times
FatBuffalo wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:01 pm
Bison are going to absolutely rinse the Griz this weekend.

Furman had a very very good defense but to many hurt players and it took Montana overtime to win that game. We are healthy and gonna put a 40 burger on the cubbies in their house on Saturday. There is not one phase of the game the Grizz are better in and NDSU has the better QB, much better RBs and WRs. This game will be won on the play of the lines and NDSU has a better DL and OL than Montana

NDSU 48
Montana 23
Not sure why anyone would take your football analysis seriously. Go back to your gravy and sad existence living in ND.

Brewer/Owner Copper Furrow Brewing

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Fri Dec 22, 2023 5:15 pm

FatBuffalo wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
FatBuffalo wrote:
SDSUs defense is good but not great and I don't think they are playing very well down the stretch. I can easily see the Griz offense going off on that defense. Griz took you guys behind the woodshed and SDSU barely beat you. This game will be a lot closer than most of the loudmouths think it will.

I doubt the Griz get beat by 4 TDs like you guys did last year. If they lose it will be within 10
They just won their semi final game 59-0 so I'd say their D is playing just fine :lol:

If Bergen scores twice on special teams then the griz should be able to keep it close. Otherwise, no way its close.
Even though we were hurt and beat up injury wise we would shut out Albany too. Not really a big win. Jacks will have trouble with Montana linebackers speed, they wont score more than 30 unless Grizz turn the ball over a few times
NDSU defense was not very good against Cats. Yet contained UM pretty well hurt and beat up. SDSU runs better than NDSU and has a better passing game. Get ahead of UM make them throw ore playing from behind SDSU rolls.

Sports is not bigger than life

nanacat

Post by nanacat » Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:57 pm

tetoncat wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 5:15 pm
FatBuffalo wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
FatBuffalo wrote:

NDSU defense was not very good against Cats. Yet contained UM pretty well hurt and beat up. SDSU runs better than NDSU and has a better passing game. Get ahead of UM make them throw ore playing from behind SDSU rolls.
Weren't the Jacks playing without Bock when they played the Cats? Seem to remember something about that.

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:22 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:53 pm
GRIZFNZ wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:03 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:00 am
MT Logger wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:48 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:50 pm
hilinegrizfan wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:27 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:13 pm
hilinegrizfan wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:11 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:33 pm
hilinegrizfan wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:58 am

nah bruh, many cat posters agree it was the right call. but the overall state of denial and jealousy on this board is second to none and I'm loving every second of it.
Do you use the “bruh” comment during your daily conversations?. You do realize it makes you like you are 12.

I will admit to being jealous that you are in the national championship. Similar to how Gris fans were jealous a couple years ago when we played in Frisco. Heck, similar to how Gris fans were jealous when we played in multiple semifinals games over the past couple of years. The funny thing is though is that Cat fans many other things to be happy with, like enrollment twice as large as UM, major investments on campus that dwarfs UM and a more marketable degree. I am sure we will be okay even if the Gris win in Frisco.

I also was never insecure enough to go post on the Gris website when we were headed to Frisco…. Talk about little brother syndrome…..
bruh, thats wonderful that the investments and enrollment brings you great joy. Merry Grizmas bruh
Thanks! Don’t be late for your shift at McDonalds!
Ah yes, the classic " you work at McDonalds" insult. FYI my "McDonalds career" pays me 6 figures and supports a family of 5. But that's very high brow of you to make fun of people that actually do have to work jobs like that to make ends meet. You should be proud of that insult. It's very intellectual and effective. And it totally pertains to the discussion at hand. touché
I just figured your liberal arts degree made you qualified for that occupation…. Didn’t know you could flip burgers and make $100,000+. Congrats!

Oh by the way, you forgot to comment on all the wonderful things going on at MSU!! Sure we will be okay if the Gris somehow win in Frisco. Must have been difficult times for you though when the Cats were in Frisco. Not much to feel good about with UM enrollment and layoffs and downsizing.

But thanks little brother for stopping over to gloat!! Has to be and empty life and a touch depressing when you have to post at BN to feel good about your success….
Not to nitpick, but I think both schools have seen increased enrollment the last couple of years. I believe MSU had a record high enrollment this fall, and I think UM had their biggest increase since since 2009 if I'm not mistaken. Seems they are recovering from some tough years and MSU is continuing its rapid growth.
You actually need to dig into those enrollment numbers. They were dressed up to tell a nice story but not actually paints the whole picture. For example, UM likes to count dual enrollment numbers (high school kids taking high school classes for credit), Missoula College enrollment and Grad school. They are still struggling and liberal arts degrees have lost marketability.
Per the September 2023 press release, MSU record enrollment numbers included over 2,000 grad students and 906 attending Gallatin College MSU. Went as far to say, GCMSU is the university’s fastest growing college.
Here is a great picture of the enrollment trends at the two universities.

https://mus.edu/data/dashboards/headcount.html

Let’s eliminate all two year or community college numbers. Only 4 year degrees:

MSU - 14,644
UM - 7,218

UM is less than half the size of MSU (49.2%). MSU has over $150 million in non-sports related building happening on campus.

Interesting that UM is also the smallest school in the Big Sky Conference.

https://www.collegeevaluator.com/ncaa-c ... nrollment/
These numbers include the 2-year college numbers, but UM's enrollment is actually closer to the enrollment of MSU-Billings than it is to MSU-Bozeman. MSU is about 16,800, dUMb is about 10,100 and MSU-B is about 4,100, so we are 6,700 more than the school of dance, and they are only 6,000 more than MSU-B.

FatBuffalo
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by FatBuffalo » Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:26 pm

Prodigal Cat wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:06 pm
FatBuffalo wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
FatBuffalo wrote:

FatBuffalo wrote:

Furman had a very very good defense but to many hurt players and it took Montana overtime to win that game. We are healthy and gonna put a 40 burger on the cubbies in their house on Saturday. There is not one phase of the game the Grizz are better in and NDSU has the better QB, much better RBs and WRs. This game will be won on the play of the lines and NDSU has a better DL and OL than Montana

NDSU 48
Montana 23
Not sure why anyone would take your football analysis seriously. Go back to your gravy and sad existence living in ND.
Bump

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:35 am

FatBuffalo wrote:

This has got to be the poster child for posts that didn't age well. SDSU's defense gave up a total of 15 points in 4 playoff games, 3.75 per game, and we scored 16 against them in one game. Adding in their last 2 regular season games, they gave up only 32 points in their last 6 games, 5.3 per game. They allowed less than 7 points per game over their last 10 games, counting the playoffs, and only about 9 points per game for the entire season. I don't know how on earth you came up with the brilliant analysis that their defense was "good not great" and not "playing very well down the stretch". You couldn't be more wrong if you had tried. If anything, their defense got even better as the season went along, and their defense wasn't just great, it was one of the all time great defenses in FCS history. You probably think a bit differently about their defense after the gris scored a whopping 3 points against them. If it makes you feel any better, that was barely below SDSU's playoff average of 3.75 points allowed per game.

They could have beaten the gris by 4 TD, if not for taking their foot off the gas after building a 20 point lead, being content to run the ball and burn clock in the 4th quarter. They moved the ball at will and scored 16 points in the 3rd quarter, and it would have been more of the same in the 4th, if they hadn't gone ultra conservative.

Prodigal Cat

Post by Prodigal Cat » Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:32 pm

FatBuffalo wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:26 pm
Prodigal Cat wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:06 pm
FatBuffalo wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
FatBuffalo wrote:

FatBuffalo wrote:

NDSU 48
Montana 23
Bump
why are you bumping a post that proves your very bad at analyzing football?

Brewer/Owner Copper Furrow Brewing

FatBuffalo
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by FatBuffalo » Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:12 pm

Funny coming from the most delusional fanbase Ive ever read.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:30 pm

FatBuffalo wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:12 pm
Funny coming from the most delusional fanbase Ive ever read.
Thanks, that means a lot coming from you.

FatBuffalo
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by FatBuffalo » Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:00 pm

Just like your talent evaluations, you don't even get the point