Motivational Sunday

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Motivational Sunday

Post by gtapp » Sun May 28, 2023 10:09 am

I hope someone on here finds this helpful:

Everyone has times where we are beat down and many times it seems so hard (sometimes to hard) to get back up. No one is immune from these times. We all have them. You have to find that reason or that place you go mentally to fight back. The Rocky line; " It's not how hard you hit but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward" is very true. I fell the morning after the Weber game (1st one) last year and tore my knee to pieces. Major surgery Nov. 1. I was in an immobilizer for 2 months then rehab. In January my asthma flared up (I have always had bad asthma) to the point I had to be hospitalized. They have not been able to figure that one out so still struggling daily with breathing. While looking for the cause they discovered my heart had another issue (I had open heart surgery Dec. 1 of 2018). They have tried an ablation on the inside of my heart and changed my drug therapy to some effect but still a problem. I fell on the ice in March and tore my groin, I have another knee surgery (other knee this time) next Friday and have had a sore throat for 4 months they can't figure out. Through all this I have gotten bigger and stronger at the gym. The gym is how I fight back (physically and mentally). I can't let these problems beat me. So find that place that keeps you going. We all have one. Find it, use it and take advantage of it. In the meantime I have included my favorite motivational story I have ever seen:

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Re: Motivational Sunday

Post by Cat Grad » Sun May 28, 2023 11:42 am

gtapp wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 10:09 am

Everyone has times where we are beat down and many times it seems so hard (sometimes to hard) to get back up. No one is immune from these times. We all have them. You have to find that reason or that place you go mentally to fight back. The Rocky line; " It's not how hard you hit but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward" is very true. I fell the morning after the Weber game (1st one) last year and tore my knee to pieces. Major surgery Nov. 1. I was in an immobilizer for 2 months then rehab. In January my asthma flared up (I have always had bad asthma) to the point I had to be hospitalized. They have not been able to figure that one out so still struggling daily with breathing. While looking for the cause they discovered my heart had another issue (I had open heart surgery Dec. 1 of 2018). They have tried an ablation on the inside of my heart and changed my drug therapy to some effect but still a problem. I fell on the ice in March and tore my groin, I have another knee surgery (other knee this time) next Friday and have had a sore throat for 4 months they can't figure out. Through all this I have gotten bigger and stronger at the gym. The gym is how I fight back (physically and mentally). I can't let these problems beat me. So find that place that keeps you going. We all have one. Find it, use it and take advantage of it. In the meantime I have included my favorite motivational story I have ever seen:

I lost my oldest son a week ago. He destroyed his knee three years ago, had numerous surgeries and wound up taking various pain medications. The autopsy revealed an artery was completely blocked. Keep working out!

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sun May 28, 2023 12:53 pm

gtapp wrote:

Wow gtapp, you are a trooper... =D^ =D^

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sun May 28, 2023 12:58 pm

Cat Grad wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 11:42 am
gtapp wrote:

I lost my oldest son a week ago. He destroyed his knee three years ago, had numerous surgeries and wound up taking various pain medications. The autopsy revealed an artery was completely blocked. Keep working out!
So sorry for your loss Cat Grad. I can relate to losing a Child.

Glad my blockage was caught when it was, 95%.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

Common Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Common Cat » Mon May 29, 2023 3:01 pm

A tip of the cap to everyone posted in here. We are all here for your support.

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Tue May 30, 2023 5:38 am

Cat Grad wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 11:42 am
gtapp wrote:

That’s horrible and I can’t imagine losing one of my daughters. I had a full physical last week and doc did an EKG and it’s all good along with my blood work (knock on wood).

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

DMMDCats
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DMMDCats » Tue May 30, 2023 3:07 pm

God Speed to all encountering difficulties.

We are stronger together then apart.

Never surrender, there is still golf to be played.

Have a wonderful day!!