Western Illinois to the Ohio Valley

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Western Illinois to the Ohio Valley

Post by Cat Grad » Sat May 13, 2023 7:35 pm

They'll stay in the MVFC this year but effective immediately their other sports are gone. Murray State just left the OVC for the Missouri Valley...

https://www.dakotanewsnow.com/2023/05/1 ... onference/

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Re: Western Illinois to the Ohio Valley

Post by grizzh8r » Sat May 13, 2023 7:38 pm

Cat Grad wrote:
Sat May 13, 2023 7:35 pm
They'll stay in the MVFC this year but effective immediately their other sports are gone. Murray State just left the OVC for the Missouri Valley...

Probably a better fit from a competition level standpoint in football.

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Sat May 13, 2023 7:49 pm

grizzh8r wrote:
Sat May 13, 2023 7:38 pm
Cat Grad wrote:
Sat May 13, 2023 7:35 pm

Probably a better fit from a competition level standpoint in football.
Pretty tough to compete with the four Dakota schools offering FCOA and decent NIL contracts. SEMO had a decent team last year.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Sat May 13, 2023 9:25 pm

Good news for the OVC too, WIU has had some good teams in years past. This will help the OVC - Big South partnership as well.

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by GoCats18 » Sat May 13, 2023 10:12 pm

It would be great to see all the universities in the MVFC other than NDSU apply to leave the conference unless NDSU is forced to move to FBS. There isn’t any other program in that conference other than SDSU that has any success against them. They have clearly dominated the FCS, and honestly what they have built makes the FCS look stupid. It is time for them to move on.

Punters are people too!!

GoCats18

Post by GoCats18 » Sat May 13, 2023 10:14 pm

It would be great to see all the universities in the MVFC other than NDSU apply to leave the conference unless NDSU is forced to move to FBS. There isn’t any other program in that conference other than SDSU that has any success against them. They have clearly dominated the FCS, and honestly what they have built makes the FCS look stupid. It is time for them to move on.

Punters are people too!!

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Sun May 14, 2023 10:32 am

GoCats18 wrote:
Sat May 13, 2023 10:14 pm
Where are you sending them? If they don't want us, they sure as hell don't want them.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

tagleason
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by tagleason » Sun May 14, 2023 10:48 am

I’ve long wondered what NDSU is so afraid of that they don’t move up. They’ve done pretty well in FBS. I like the idea, even though it would never happen, of everyone else jumping ship.

AKCat1

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sun May 14, 2023 11:48 am

tagleason wrote:
Sun May 14, 2023 10:48 am
I’ve long wondered what NDSU is so afraid of that they don’t move up. They’ve done pretty well in FBS. I like the idea, even though it would never happen, of everyone else jumping ship.
Has NDSU had an opportunity to move up that they turned down? Geographically speaking they don't really fit in the MWC, and I doubt the Big 10 will come calling when they've got their sights on the likes of USC and Oregon.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Sun May 14, 2023 8:03 pm

GoCats18 wrote:
Man. Here's something to think about long and hard. What if all the Montana kids who are competing out of state wanted to be Bobcats? There's an article in 406mtsports showing all the kids competing all over the country. Hell, there's Montana kids on the NAU track and cross country team, one just won an SEC championship compared to this:

https://www.inforum.com/sports/bison-me ... rack-title

Compare that attitude to this:

https://406mtsports.com/extra/where-are ... -top-story

GoCats18

Post by GoCats18 » Sun May 14, 2023 8:06 pm

Cat Grad wrote:
Sun May 14, 2023 8:03 pm
GoCats18 wrote:
Man. Here's something to think about long and hard. What if all the Montana kids who are competing out of state wanted to be Bobcats? There's an article in 406mtsports showing all the kids competing all over the country. Hell, there's Montana kids on the NAU track and cross country team, one just won an SEC championship compared to this:

My thing was more using it as a threat. If NDSU isn’t force to leave, then all of us will and you won’t have a conference left. It would never happen, it was just a funny thought I had.

Punters are people too!!

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Sun May 14, 2023 8:25 pm

GoCats18 wrote:
Sun May 14, 2023 8:06 pm
Cat Grad wrote:
GoCats18 wrote:

My thing was more using it as a threat. If NDSU isn’t force to leave, then all of us will and you won’t have a conference left. It would never happen, it was just a funny thought I had.
Understand. I also remember very well when they tried to get into the joke of a conference ours has become. Poetic justice as far as I'm concerned. Success is the best revenge, and man, did they ever stomp the holy sh*t out of the main reason they, along with SDSU, did not get into this conference. UM ought to give up. They won't and they're bound and determined to drag MSU down with them. How many teams from the Summit makes the NCAA BasketballTournament(s) each year?

cats_thirdeye
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by cats_thirdeye » Sun May 14, 2023 9:36 pm

Cat Grad wrote:
Sun May 14, 2023 8:25 pm
GoCats18 wrote:
Sun May 14, 2023 8:06 pm
Cat Grad wrote:
GoCats18 wrote:

Understand. I also remember very well when they tried to get into the joke of a conference ours has become. Poetic justice as far as I'm concerned. Success is the best revenge, and man, did they ever stomp the holy sh*t out of the main reason they, along with SDSU, did not get into this conference. UM ought to give up. They won't and they're bound and determined to drag MSU down with them. How many teams from the Summit makes the NCAA BasketballTournament(s) each year?
Uh.....one. Just like the Big Sky. Although historically the Summit (both Men's and Women's) teams have occasionally advanced further than the Big Sky.

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Mon May 15, 2023 7:02 am

GoCats18 wrote:
Im strongly against NDSU moving up. SDSU figured out how to match up. Its time (actually way way way beyond time) for the rest of us to do the same. If NDSU leaves, it will only make the FCS more pathetic than it already is. Plus, I think their reign is over. They will still win some championships but they are more beatable than they've ever been. Had the bracket lined up the way it should have last year and we hosted NDSU in Bozeman, I think it would have been a pretty epic night.

Hating the griz since 02.

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Mon May 15, 2023 7:07 am

CodyCat wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 7:02 am
GoCats18 wrote:
Im strongly against NDSU moving up. SDSU figured out how to match up. Its time (actually way way way beyond time) for the rest of us to do the same. If NDSU leaves, it will only make the FCS more pathetic than it already is. Plus, I think their reign is over. They will still win some championships but they are more beatable than they've ever been. Had the bracket lined up the way it should have last year and we hosted NDSU in Bozeman, I think it would have been a pretty epic night.
And which top 10 FCS schools pay FCOE? Hint, no Montana schools.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back