Housewright cited for aggravated DUI

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Re: Housewright cited for aggravated DUI

Post by allcat » Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:56 am

PapaG wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:30 pm
Made the poor decision to visit the cesspool known as egris and by far the hottest topic is about MSU and as usual, that thread is full of the usual ignorance on the legal process in firing or suspending state employees from the same gang of idiots and snarks you’d expect. Absolute garbage message board with functionality and design that seems to be from 2011, at least on an iPhone.

https://egriz.com/grizboard/viewforum.php?f=1

https://egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?t=90915
Which is worse, drinking and driving while knowing the bad consequences, or ever going to egris?

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:59 am

I used to frequent egriz a lot, for years. It was a pretty good place to chat football, not just Cats or Griz but it was kind of the de-facto board for Big Sky football chat since what little fans of other programs seemed to flock there. The mecca of Big Sky message boards, if you will (sorry). Two things have happened to that site over the last decade or so. One, it's accumulated just garbage posters. It's just much more toxic than it used to be. I think that happens to most message boards when they get that big, the bigger the fanbase the more a-holes you are going to have, it's just science. But also more and more trash talking Cat fans frequented the board and frankly they made the experience worse for everyone. I rarely go there anymore, even to gloat or to see the meltdown after a loss. I just don't get any joy over there.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:28 am

MT Logger wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:11 pm
PapaG wrote:
Made the poor decision to visit the cesspool known as egris and by far the hottest topic is about MSU and as usual, that thread is full of the usual ignorance on the legal process in firing or suspending state employees from the same gang of idiots and snarks you’d expect. Absolute garbage message board with functionality and design that seems to be from 2011, at least on an iPhone.

I guess I'm a bit curious as to how this will play out as well. The fact is that someone chose to suspend Garza after his arrest for a third DUI...for one game, and then he's back coaching and recruiting. What was that "process" based off of? Some kind of protocol? Seems they really botched that and it's now going to create a sticky situation for how to deal with these other cases relative to each other, especially since they will potentially get resolved at the same time.
What was "botched"? He was penalized and then everyone moved on. Is the team/school supposed to fire someone as soon as they are charged with a crime? Just because a similar event took place months later doesn't mean they handled Garza inappropriately.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:37 am

coloradocat wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:28 am
MT Logger wrote:
PapaG wrote:

I guess I'm a bit curious as to how this will play out as well. The fact is that someone chose to suspend Garza after his arrest for a third DUI...for one game, and then he's back coaching and recruiting. What was that "process" based off of? Some kind of protocol? Seems they really botched that and it's now going to create a sticky situation for how to deal with these other cases relative to each other, especially since they will potentially get resolved at the same time.
What was "botched"? He was penalized and then everyone moved on. Is the team/school supposed to fire someone as soon as they are charged with a crime? Just because a similar event took place months later doesn't mean they handled Garza inappropriately.
One would think that with all the lawsuits over there they would want to be more careful with how issues are handled. With all the legal opinions coming from egris maybe they should start a law school :D .

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

WetBreeches
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by WetBreeches » Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:36 pm

Can't believe no one has commented on when his next hearing will be...."August 9th"....just under a month before season starts...what a great way to "kickoff" two a days and a new season. Hopefully they can settle outside of court soon.

Don't visit egriz but I can imagine the "commentary" and "dialogue" that has unfolded over there. If this had happened at UM there would be a contingent on this site going bonkers over the arrests, but I'm certain egriz is on another level. As an MSU grad I will say it's pretty disappointing such prominent representatives of the university made such poor decisions.

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:10 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:59 am
I used to frequent egriz a lot, for years. It was a pretty good place to chat football, not just Cats or Griz but it was kind of the de-facto board for Big Sky football chat since what little fans of other programs seemed to flock there. The mecca of Big Sky message boards, if you will (sorry). Two things have happened to that site over the last decade or so. One, it's accumulated just garbage posters. It's just much more toxic than it used to be. I think that happens to most message boards when they get that big, the bigger the fanbase the more a-holes you are going to have, it's just science. But also more and more trash talking Cat fans frequented the board and frankly they made the experience worse for everyone. I rarely go there anymore, even to gloat or to see the meltdown after a loss. I just don't get any joy over there.
I think my last post over there was something to do with; I came over here to rag* on you guys, but you guys are so busy doing it to each other you've taken all my fun out of it.
*fairly certain I didn't say rag, its just been so long I don't remember exactly what I said.

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:13 pm

WetBreeches wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:36 pm
Can't believe no one has commented on when his next hearing will be...."August 9th"....just under a month before season starts...what a great way to "kickoff" two a days and a new season. Hopefully they can settle outside of court soon.

Don't visit egriz but I can imagine the "commentary" and "dialogue" that has unfolded over there. If this had happened at UM there would be a contingent on this site going bonkers over the arrests, but I'm certain egriz is on another level. As an MSU grad I will say it's pretty disappointing such prominent representatives of the university made such poor decisions.
A. Yeah... fairly certain an aggravated DUI is not getting settled outside of court.
B. this post is just :-s :-k

WetBreeches
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by WetBreeches » Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:53 pm

My apologies, when I said "settled", what I meant (and should have said) is Housewright taking a plea to a lesser charge before the August 9th court date.

bobcatbob
Member # Retired

Post by bobcatbob » Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:12 pm

Will be surprised if either House’s or Garza’s cases get a plea deal. The next question becomes, what happens to these guys if found guilty?

MT Logger
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by MT Logger » Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:09 pm

coloradocat wrote:
MT Logger wrote:
PapaG wrote:

I guess I'm a bit curious as to how this will play out as well. The fact is that someone chose to suspend Garza after his arrest for a third DUI...for one game, and then he's back coaching and recruiting. What was that "process" based off of? Some kind of protocol? Seems they really botched that and it's now going to create a sticky situation for how to deal with these other cases relative to each other, especially since they will po intentially get resolved at the same time.
Botched because it was his third DUI and he was let go at his last two jobs for the same thing. He missed one game after getting his third DUI. Does that sound normal to you? You would think his hiring would have been with the caveat that any alcohol related infraction and he's gone. At the very least, suspended until his court hearing. This isn't about football for me, it's about having standards.

HookedOnGriz
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by HookedOnGriz » Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:31 am

MT Logger wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:09 pm
coloradocat wrote:
MT Logger wrote:
PapaG wrote:

I guess I'm a bit curious as to how this will play out as well. The fact is that someone chose to suspend Garza after his arrest for a third DUI...for one game, and then he's back coaching and recruiting. What was that "process" based off of? Some kind of protocol? Seems they really botched that and it's now going to create a sticky situation for how to deal with these other cases relative to each other, especially since they will po intentially get resolved at the same time.
Botched because it was his third DUI and he was let go at his last two jobs for the same thing. He missed one game after getting his third DUI. Does that sound normal to you? You would think his hiring would have been with the caveat that any alcohol related infraction and he's gone. At the very least, suspended until his court hearing. This isn't about football for me, it's about having standards.
Careful you’re making waaaaay too much sense over here. Cue the DUI apologists in 3…2….1

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:50 am

HookedOnGriz wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:31 am
MT Logger wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
MT Logger wrote:
PapaG wrote:

Careful you’re making waaaaay too much sense over here. Cue the DUI apologists in 3…2….1

Not sure why it is so hard for some to understand the difference between accused and convicted. Not sure of the apologist you refer to versus those okay with waiting for the case to play out.

Sports is not bigger than life

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:09 pm

tetoncat wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:50 am
HookedOnGriz wrote:
MT Logger wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
MT Logger wrote:
PapaG wrote:

Not sure why it is so hard for some to understand the difference between accused and convicted. Not sure of the apologist you refer to versus those okay with waiting for the case to play out.
We don't even have a law school but at least some of us understand the difference. But I'm just a due process apologist.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:20 pm

HookedOnGriz wrote:
MT Logger wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
MT Logger wrote:
PapaG wrote:

WTF is wrong with you?

HookedOnGriz
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by HookedOnGriz » Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:40 pm

tetoncat wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:
MT Logger wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
MT Logger wrote:
PapaG wrote:

Please answer this…..why couldn’t the university or coaching staff immediately suspended these coaches (with pay for all care) indefinitely until the charges are resolved in a court of law. Why is that difficult? Why is there an issue with that? That would be the 100% NORMAL thing to do and how probably 99% of universities and employers handle these situations. By not doing that, MSU is giving them a slap on the wrist and publicly stating they don’t think this is a big deal. That’s insane to me! It’s Garza’s 3rd DUI and he has a past history of issues, yet a one game suspension and they have already signed him to new contract. That’s is an absolutely terrible look for the university and the MSU program. And now their hands are tied to do something different with your OC and RB coach.

HookedOnGriz
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by HookedOnGriz » Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:42 pm

luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:20 pm
HookedOnGriz wrote:
MT Logger wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
MT Logger wrote:
PapaG wrote:

WTF is wrong with you?
See my question above. Would love to hear your answer.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:48 pm

HookedOnGriz wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:40 pm
tetoncat wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:
MT Logger wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
MT Logger wrote:
PapaG wrote:

Please answer this…..why couldn’t the university or coaching staff immediately suspended these coaches (with pay for all care) indefinitely until the charges are resolved in a court of law. Why is that difficult? Why is there an issue with that? That would be the 100% NORMAL thing to do and how probably 99% of universities and employers handle these situations. By not doing that, MSU is giving them a slap on the wrist and publicly stating they don’t think this is a big deal. That’s insane to me! It’s Garza’s 3rd DUI and he has a past history of issues, yet a one game suspension and they have already signed him to new contract. That’s is an absolutely terrible look for the university and the MSU program. And now their hands are tied to do something different with your OC and RB coach.
Please answer this...
No, because you don't really care.

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:53 pm

HookedOnGriz wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:42 pm
luckyirishguy25 wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:
MT Logger wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
MT Logger wrote:
PapaG wrote:

WTF is wrong with you?
My OPINION which is all it is...

I think Garcia should have been fired as soon as it would be legal to do so. I feel the same way about Housewright even though I was really coming to like him and he's probably going to be a really good coach someday, but he blew it.

Now WTF is wrong with you?

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:00 pm

MT Logger wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
MT Logger wrote:
PapaG wrote:

What two jobs was Garza let go after a DUI? Was he ever convicted of a DUI in Bozeman?

It's rare that a coach of any sport is fired after getting a DUI. I can't think of a coach in the Montana University System that was ever fired for that.
Some, I assume, are told to resign or they'll be fired. I think that was the case for Garza at Wyoming.

Good for you having standards. I have a hard time establishing any on this subject.

Getting a DUI has a lot of penalties associated with it. I myself am not sure where to draw the line on the penalty.

It's such a tough topic (DUI penalties) to have a concrete position on. So many people drink and drive. Some never get caught despite doing it all the time. Some get caught the first time they do it. Some end up killing other people and themselves doing it. What's a fair punishment? Fines, jail time, insurance rate increases are all currently out there.

What does a DUI currently cost?

Seems like all sports are associated with drinking. Tailgating isn't just food and soft drinks. The bars make bank on sports. Even evangelical coaches drink (and get DUIs).

I just think that there's no way around coaches drinking and given that they're going to get DUIs. I don't really care if a school fires a coach for a DUI or not, simply because the new person they hire is probably going to drink and drive, too. Or someone on the staff is going to drink and drive.

There are driving jobs within the transportation industry that don't allow drivers to be fired for a DUI. Some don't even get fired for failing drug tests.
Last edited by TomCat88 on Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

HookedOnGriz
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by HookedOnGriz » Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:15 pm

luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:53 pm
HookedOnGriz wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:42 pm
luckyirishguy25 wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:
MT Logger wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
MT Logger wrote:
PapaG wrote:

WTF is wrong with you?
My OPINION which is all it is...

I think Garcia should have been fired as soon as it would be legal to do so. I feel the same way about Housewright even though I was really coming to like him and he's probably going to be a really good coach someday, but he blew it.

Now WTF is wrong with you?
Something is wrong with me for questioning how poorly MSU has handled this? For not wearing a tin hat and thinking the cops and tow truck drivers are out to get MSU coaches (stated here on this site which is pure gold)? For shaking my head at the idiots here who think that MSU would get sued if they suspended the coaches until the process plays out? GTFOOH.