New Video Board out to bid

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: New Video Board out to bid

Post by Montanabob » Sat May 06, 2023 6:34 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 6:02 pm
chadtothebone wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 4:57 pm
RobertCats wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 9:37 am
I'll admit, I'm not very savvy with the construction industry and timelines. This seems like a fairly small project, would this be completed in time for the 2023 season?
Being in construction wholesale and distribution as well as 30 years in construction, if they have not started by now there is little chance it will be done by the start of the season
What do you think a realistic timeline would be if they started work between mid June and mid July?
Award it by the end of May, they would be lucky to pull permits by Aug.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sat May 06, 2023 6:47 pm

I'm going to gamble on this and say it's done before the football season. [-o<

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

lutecat
Member # Retired

Post by lutecat » Sat May 06, 2023 7:32 pm

Montanabob wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 6:34 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:
chadtothebone wrote:
RobertCats wrote:
I'll admit, I'm not very savvy with the construction industry and timelines. This seems like a fairly small project, would this be completed in time for the 2023 season?
Being in construction wholesale and distribution as well as 30 years in construction, if they have not started by now there is little chance it will be done by the start of the season
What do you think a realistic timeline would be if they started work between mid June and mid July?
The city of Bozeman moves super super fast......

damnyoutuesday
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by damnyoutuesday » Sat May 06, 2023 7:34 pm

The videoboard will be amazing, but I'm most excited about getting a new sound system where you can actually hear the music and videos

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sat May 06, 2023 8:34 pm

Common Cat wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 6:21 pm
I mean talk about view-shed…. :wink:
Well, it does interfere with the beautiful scenery that people seeing the stadium rave about. It somehow seems a bit too big, too gaudy, but if that’s what players desire then I guess it’s a recruiting point. I’m old(er). Give me down and distance, game time, and score and I’m good. 😆💙 💛 😺

GoCats18

Post by GoCats18 » Sat May 06, 2023 9:15 pm

damnyoutuesday wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 7:34 pm
The videoboard will be amazing, but I'm most excited about getting a new sound system where you can actually hear the music and videos
Exactly what I was thinking. That video board will be amazing, but if the sound quality isn’t improved dramatically I don’t know that I will be as excited. The sound quality is really bad.

Punters are people too!!

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Sat May 06, 2023 9:27 pm

chadtothebone wrote:
RobertCats wrote:
I would agree with this Chad here. IF it’s only going out for bid now there is likely no way of getting a bid back, accepted, equipment accrued, construction team lined up and everything put up in time for the start of the season. If the bid had gone out earlier and accepted now, then maybe, but now I don’t think it’s possible.

rivercat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by rivercat » Sat May 06, 2023 11:03 pm

If anyone has access to Montanabid.com or other builder exchanges, the bid docs are listed as MSU Stadium Video Board Upgrade and the bid date is 5/23.

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Sun May 07, 2023 9:03 am

BlueAndGoldNation wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 4:25 pm
For those of you having problems seeing the speculatory renderings that I threw together, lets give this a try. I had to upload the photoshopped images to the internet somehow, so I had originally used google photos to do this. I'm going to use the web app Flickr and give it a try. You'll have to let me know if this works. My apologies for those of you who couldn't see it.

Here are all three angles of the new videoboard, Before and After shots...

Before

After

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before

After

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before

After

This is so frickin awesome! Totally changes the stadium. I hope they can figure out a way to build it this summer.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Sun May 07, 2023 9:58 am

I truly cannot stand the policy of not replaying controversial plays. The crowd is already riled up and into the game. The fans know a BS call when they see it live, why not show the play to confirm or deny the validity of the call/no call?

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

chadtothebone
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by chadtothebone » Sun May 07, 2023 10:56 am

catsrback76 wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 9:27 pm
chadtothebone wrote:
RobertCats wrote:
I would agree with this Chad here. IF it’s only going out for bid now there is likely no way of getting a bid back, accepted, equipment accrued, construction team lined up and everything put up in time for the start of the season. If the bid had gone out earlier and accepted now, then maybe, but now I don’t think it’s possible.
Yep, dealing with lead times on materials and equipment is not a fun thing to deal with everyday. A lot of electrical power panels and gear can have up to a 52 week lead time right now

Ty Gregorak- "Football is as American as a Dad chasing his kids with power tools"

blueandgoldblitz

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Sun May 07, 2023 12:04 pm

IT'S MY VIDEO BOARD AND I WANT IT NOW!!!

Call JG Wentworth 877 Board now!!!!!!

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sun May 07, 2023 12:49 pm

chadtothebone wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 10:56 am
catsrback76 wrote:
chadtothebone wrote:
RobertCats wrote:
Yep, dealing with lead times on materials and equipment is not a fun thing to deal with everyday. A lot of electrical power panels and gear can have up to a 52 week lead time right now
My recollection was the board was on order last year but supply chain issues put it on hold at that time. I can only hope that orders were placed and products produced over the past year. Learfield is heavily involved in the deal so hopefully they were making things happen in the background over the past year.

1984champ
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by 1984champ » Sun May 07, 2023 1:48 pm

lutecat wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 7:32 pm
Montanabob wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
chadtothebone wrote:
RobertCats wrote:
Bid documents show substantial completion by August 1st 2023.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sun May 07, 2023 2:41 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 12:49 pm
chadtothebone wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 10:56 am
catsrback76 wrote:
chadtothebone wrote:
RobertCats wrote:
My recollection was the board was on order last year but supply chain issues put it on hold at that time. I can only hope that orders were placed and products produced over the past year. Learfield is heavily involved in the deal so hopefully they were making things happen in the background over the past year.
Yeah, I don’t think this is about the scoreboard itself. This contract looks to be for the infrastructure (pedestal, electrical work, etc) that the scoreboard uses and the destruction of the old board. I was also told Learfield wasn’t involved in this project, but that may have changed since they were still short a little money when I talked with them a few weeks ago.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Sun May 07, 2023 4:18 pm

If I recall correctly when the current scoreboard was put in the previous board ended up somewhere else in Bozeman. Van Winkle Stadium maybe? Is there any plans for the current scoreboard?

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

rivercat

Post by rivercat » Sun May 07, 2023 4:28 pm

1984champ wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 1:48 pm
lutecat wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 7:32 pm
Montanabob wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
chadtothebone wrote:
RobertCats wrote:
Bid documents show substantial completion by August 1st 2023.
Thanks for looking. Beats guessing.

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Mon May 08, 2023 7:02 am

94VegasCat wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 9:58 am
I truly cannot stand the policy of not replaying controversial plays. The crowd is already riled up and into the game. The fans know a BS call when they see it live, why not show the play to confirm or deny the validity of the call/no call?
I actually think MSU has gotten much better in that aspect. Could they still improve? Oh gosh yes. But, they have been showing some controversial plays. Problem is, no one could see it on that 32 inch flatscreen. Ha!

Hating the griz since 02.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Mon May 08, 2023 8:42 am

I would love to see the current one moved to the top of the Sonny Holland. I know it won't happen, but it would be cool.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

RICO CAT
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by RICO CAT » Mon May 08, 2023 10:01 am

allcat wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 8:42 am
I would love to see the current one moved to the top of the Sonny Holland. I know it won't happen, but it would be cool.
I was thinking that would be a good idea as well. Or, install it at the Track & Field facility. Either way, I’m sure it all comes down to money. It may have even been sold to another school to help finance the new one.

“OVER THEM MOUNTAINS”