New Video Board out to bid

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

CatBot
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Re: New Video Board out to bid

Post by CatBot » Fri May 05, 2023 3:56 pm

This is pleasing news for sure, but what about the sound? I'm hoping for similar news about a major upgrade.

chadtothebone
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by chadtothebone » Fri May 05, 2023 4:57 pm

RobertCats wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 9:37 am
I'll admit, I'm not very savvy with the construction industry and timelines. This seems like a fairly small project, would this be completed in time for the 2023 season?
Being in construction wholesale and distribution as well as 30 years in construction, if they have not started by now there is little chance it will be done by the start of the season

Ty Gregorak- "Football is as American as a Dad chasing his kids with power tools"

lutecat
Member # Retired

Post by lutecat » Fri May 05, 2023 5:35 pm

chadtothebone wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 4:57 pm
RobertCats wrote:
I'll admit, I'm not very savvy with the construction industry and timelines. This seems like a fairly small project, would this be completed in time for the 2023 season?
Being in construction wholesale and distribution as well as 30 years in construction, if they have not started by now there is little chance it will be done by the start of the season
Why you have to bring us down Chad? Don't be a Chad dude. Lol

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Fri May 05, 2023 10:58 pm

chadtothebone wrote:
RobertCats wrote:
Bummer.....

Appreciate the insight though, thank you

blueandgoldblitz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Sat May 06, 2023 11:47 am

chadtothebone wrote:
RobertCats wrote:
Do you have a broad idea about the steps needed to be taken from this point? They obviously have to find the right company through the bid process. Then the company has to order the materials they're gonna need. Then put it all together? Did i miss anything? Any broad guesses as to how long that would take? I promise I won't hold you to your answer, just looking at a guess of a timeline :wink:

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sat May 06, 2023 12:32 pm

blueandgoldblitz wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 11:47 am
chadtothebone wrote:
RobertCats wrote:
Do you have a broad idea about the steps needed to be taken from this point? They obviously have to find the right company through the bid process. Then the company has to order the materials they're gonna need. Then put it all together? Did i miss anything? Any broad guesses as to how long that would take? I promise I won't hold you to your answer, just looking at a guess of a timeline :wink:
I'd imagine
a company
will drop everything it's doing to take the project and get it done by the start of the season.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Sat May 06, 2023 12:46 pm

blueandgoldblitz wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 11:47 am
chadtothebone wrote:
RobertCats wrote:
Permits, inspections and workers, oh my.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

BlueAndGoldNation
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by BlueAndGoldNation » Sat May 06, 2023 1:42 pm

Here are a couple more before and after shots from different angles just to get an idea of how much of a difference this board will make...

Before

After

Before

After

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sat May 06, 2023 1:52 pm

BlueAndGoldNation wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 1:42 pm
Here are a couple more before and after shots from different angles just to get an idea of how much of a difference this board will make...

Before

After

Before

After
That is awesome! Thank you for the rendering!

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Sat May 06, 2023 3:25 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 1:52 pm
BlueAndGoldNation wrote:

Before

After

Before

After
That is awesome! Thank you for the rendering!
I can’t see the renderings. Bummer

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

GoCats18

Post by GoCats18 » Sat May 06, 2023 3:38 pm

BlueAndGoldNation wrote:

Before

After

Before

After

How are people seeing these and what do those of us that can’t see them need to do to see them?

Punters are people too!!

BlueAndGoldNation
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by BlueAndGoldNation » Sat May 06, 2023 4:25 pm

For those of you having problems seeing the speculatory renderings that I threw together, lets give this a try. I had to upload the photoshopped images to the internet somehow, so I had originally used google photos to do this. I'm going to use the web app Flickr and give it a try. You'll have to let me know if this works. My apologies for those of you who couldn't see it.

Here are all three angles of the new videoboard, Before and After shots...

Before

After

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before

After

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before

After
Last edited by BlueAndGoldNation on Sat May 06, 2023 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sat May 06, 2023 4:38 pm

Well, if the scoreboard looks like that, then I won't be having to do this to see what's on the scoreboard any longer.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sat May 06, 2023 4:41 pm

Maybe I shouldn’t have used the word “renderings”. The before and after images are awesome!

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Sat May 06, 2023 4:47 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 4:41 pm
Maybe I shouldn’t have used the word “renderings”. The before and after images are awesome!
I don't know about the nearby neighborhoods, but Gardiner is already complaining about the light and noise from the new scoreboard!😊😊😊

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

Joe Bobcat
Member # Retired

Post by Joe Bobcat » Sat May 06, 2023 5:00 pm

Wow that size difference is mind blowing and crazy. Thank you for showing that to us but if you think for one second that the entire new video screen will ever be used to show football you're certifiably crazy. You left off the 1/3 to 1/2 of the screen being used for advertisements. Plenty of sarcasm and maybe hyperbole there, and yes I know that advertisements pay some bills. It should be a huge improvement for fan experience however it is used.
With it being known for so long that a new video board was in our future it's kind of too bad the deal couldn't have been made earlier to make it more probable that it would be ready for this season.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sat May 06, 2023 5:42 pm

BnGNation: that worked. Looks spectacular.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

BlueAndGoldNation
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by BlueAndGoldNation » Sat May 06, 2023 5:58 pm

Joe Bobcat wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 5:00 pm
Wow that size difference is mind blowing and crazy. Thank you for showing that to us but if you think for one second that the entire new video screen will ever be used to show football you're certifiably crazy. You left off the 1/3 to 1/2 of the screen being used for advertisements. Plenty of sarcasm and maybe hyperbole there, and yes I know that advertisements pay some bills. It should be a huge improvement for fan experience however it is used.
With it being known for so long that a new video board was in our future it's kind of too bad the deal couldn't have been made earlier to make it more probable that it would be ready for this season.
I am aware that there will be advertising all over it, but unlike the old one, I am assuming that a large majority of the advertisements are going to be plastered on the screen itself using digital template overlays. You see this alot with newer Daktronicks screens and sporting screens in general. This makes it easier to swap out advertisements with whatever they please, as well as rotate them in and out, giving them more options than they would have with just static physical signs. Sure, the screen that is actually used for replays and broadcast might only end up being 75 feet by 30 feet, but that sure as heck is an upgrade over what we have had for the last decade and some change. Regardless of what it will look like, the 102 x 40 feet of advertisements, screen, and scoreboard will take up the space that is seen in the pictures, making it a large boxed shape opposite of the Sonny Holland end zone that will create a tighter, larger, and louder gameday atmosphere. It was fun to make these photoshopped images real quick to see a glimpse of the size difference. Can't wait to see it for real though!

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Sat May 06, 2023 6:02 pm

chadtothebone wrote:
RobertCats wrote:
What do you think a realistic timeline would be if they started work between mid June and mid July?

Common Cat

Post by Common Cat » Sat May 06, 2023 6:21 pm

I mean talk about view-shed…. :wink:

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie