Noah Smith in portal

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Re: Noah Smith in portal

Post by tetoncat » Thu May 18, 2023 9:34 pm

ThoughtUKnew14 wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 6:20 pm
tetoncat wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 6:04 pm
No personal vendetta at all. All the success stories your referring to was pre-portal. Im simply stating the new MO post invention of the portal. Again, the MO has been established, its working and it makes sense from a coaching staff perspective for several reason. Again, ITS WORKING!

If it is working why do you keep bringing it up and referencing it causing the young guys to transfer. You also just claimed you never said the staff favored transfers but said several times they are guaranteed to start
Because I’m allowed to my opinion 🤷🏽‍♂️

Many others on this thread have questioned why the high transfers out of WR Room but not in TE or RB room so I was just giving my opinion why.

Yes, I guarantee they will start. Again thats my opinion. Don’t let it bother you man. Different opinions is what makes this forum so great. ✌🏼

You are allowed as are others. Your opinion is fine but you state something in your opinion then say you didn't mean that or didn't say it. Then turn around and say the same thing again. Now on to other discussions

Sports is not bigger than life

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Thu May 18, 2023 9:51 pm

Considering injuries, I don’t see reason to be complaining about who starts the first game. Good point above about Junior (sorry for Taco). But with injuries, unexpected poor play, illness, grades, how many receivers will start games this year? Six? Seven? Eight? So basically the team needs an absolute minimum of six “starters”, or at some point there won’t be enough. If Christian is ready, he will play. With his severe ankle injury, when was he declared to be 100%? Before recruiting started? If he was in line to start this year, at some point the team had to look for another starter-quality receiver. Injuries create a lot of uncertainty for everyone.

ThoughtUKnew14
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by ThoughtUKnew14 » Thu May 18, 2023 10:48 pm

CatBot wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 9:02 pm
ThoughtUKnew14 wrote:
tetoncat wrote:
No personal vendetta at all. All the success stories your referring to was pre-portal. Im simply stating the new MO post invention of the portal. Again, the MO has been established, its working and it makes sense from a coaching staff perspective for several reason. Again, ITS WORKING!

If it is working why do you keep bringing it up and referencing it causing the young guys to transfer. You also just claimed you never said the staff favored transfers but said several times they are guaranteed to start

Many others on this thread have questioned why the high transfers out of WR Room but not in TE or RB room so I was just giving my opinion why.

Yes, I guarantee they will start.
Again thats my opinion. Don’t let it bother you man. Different opinions is what makes this forum so great. ✌🏼
Wait a minute, are you stating that you are guaranteeing a tranfer will start as an opinion? That's factually wrong from a historical perspective, and recently, the only way Junior cracked the 1's for the Sonny Holland was because of injuries. Ironically, this includes an injury to a WR that we developed as a true freshman.
Yes, I guarantee 3 transfers will start at WR assuming the 3 I have in mind are healthy. Yes, my guarantees are my opinions 😂

What Junior are you referring to? All three WR transfers are Juniors, I think.

CatBot
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by CatBot » Fri May 19, 2023 9:15 am

ThoughtUKnew14 wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 10:48 pm
CatBot wrote:
ThoughtUKnew14 wrote:
tetoncat wrote:

Again thats my opinion. Don’t let it bother you man. Different opinions is what makes this forum so great. ✌🏼
Wait a minute, are you stating that you are guaranteeing a tranfer will start as an opinion? That's factually wrong from a historical perspective, and recently, the only way Junior cracked the 1's for the Sonny Holland was because of injuries. Ironically, this includes an injury to a WR that we developed as a true freshman.
Yes, I guarantee 3 transfers will start at WR assuming the 3 I have in mind are healthy. Yes, my guarantees are my opinions 😂

Lonyatta Alexander, Jr goes by "Junior".

I "guarantee" you he was not told he would be guaranteed a starting spot as evidenced by the fact he never ran with the 1's the entire spring (until a bunch of injuries got him there on the final day).

ThoughtUKnew14
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by ThoughtUKnew14 » Fri May 19, 2023 9:39 am

CatBot wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 9:15 am
ThoughtUKnew14 wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 10:48 pm
CatBot wrote:
ThoughtUKnew14 wrote:
tetoncat wrote:

Lonyatta Alexander, Jr goes by "Junior".

I "guarantee" you he was not told he would be guaranteed a starting spot as evidenced by the fact he never ran with the 1's the entire spring (until a bunch of injuries got him there on the final day).
Ahh, okay, that’s right. Thanks for clarifying.

I respect your opinion/take on the situation. Have a blessed day!