Taco is out?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Re: Taco is out?

Post by PapaG » Wed May 10, 2023 7:16 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 12:45 pm
PapaG wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 8:42 am
91catAlum wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:23 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:51 pm
I heard back by beginning of fall camp.
I hope you're right... I heard torn labrum, surgery needed, 5 month rehab.
I have a torn labrum from HS days and never had surgery. Unless he’s planning on playing QB it’s manageable without surgery. Get well, Taco! I wouldn’t go under the knife unless it’s too severe to play.
It will depend on how bad the year is. I have a torn labrum as well but it looks like a thorn. With a severely torn labrum, you can’t even move your arm without pain.
Mine isn’t that bad but there is scar tissue that I’ve been able to rehab with work over the years. Hope his isn’t as bad as yours and maybe he doesn’t have to get surgery. It clicks any time I throw a baseball or football but fortunately it doesn’t affect my basketball shot.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Thu May 11, 2023 8:52 am

PapaG wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 7:16 pm
Cataholic wrote:
PapaG wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
I have a torn labrum from HS days and never had surgery. Unless he’s planning on playing QB it’s manageable without surgery. Get well, Taco! I wouldn’t go under the knife unless it’s too severe to play.
It will depend on how bad the year is. I have a torn labrum as well but it looks like a thorn. With a severely torn labrum, you can’t even move your arm without pain.
Mine isn’t that bad but there is scar tissue that I’ve been able to rehab with work over the years. Hope his isn’t as bad as yours and maybe he doesn’t have to get surgery. It clicks any time I throw a baseball or football but fortunately it doesn’t affect my basketball shot.
Mine was going to surgery, but I asked the doctor if I could have the summer to golf and fish. Over that summer, I started to rehab with what I called the “new normal” for me. Now it is 3 years later, no surgery, and I am nearing chest presses that I haven’t reached in 20 years. So crazy how a small “sliver” of a tear actually had me ready for surgery. Glad I never went that route.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Thu May 11, 2023 9:14 am

Damn...

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Thu May 11, 2023 12:59 pm

PapaG wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 7:16 pm
Cataholic wrote:
PapaG wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
I had the same symtoms about20 years ago. When I would throw a softball something in my shoulder would click and a sharp pain would occur.
I went to an orthopedic surgeon who did an MRI and found that my biceps tendon would snap over the bone in my shoulder. Causing the snap and resulting pain. He cut the tendon because there was another one that would compensate for it. After surgery and PT I could throw without pain and no negative symtoms remained.
He told me John Elway once heard a snap in his shoulder...and when it was MRI'd they found that he had snapped the biceps tendon. He felt no pain and after some treatment resumed his career without pain. Thus that is why he cut mine.

2024 Resume dominance

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Fri May 26, 2023 3:13 pm

Saw Taco and Caden this afternoon at Yegen golf. He has a cast on but seems in good spirits. Caden looks big and Taco has put on muscle. Barely recognized Taco because of the mass.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Fri May 26, 2023 5:30 pm

PapaG wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 3:13 pm
Saw Taco and Caden this afternoon at Yegen golf. He has a cast on but seems in good spirits. Caden looks big and Taco has put on muscle. Barely recognized Taco because of the mass.
Ya, that was a pretty funny interview awhile back. They asked him about the weight... and I think he said he stepped on the scale after last season and he was 150 something... lol.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!