Cool Bobcat "man cave" items

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

JoeCatsJoe
BobcatNation Letterman

Cool Bobcat "man cave" items

Post by JoeCatsJoe » Fri Apr 14, 2023 12:00 pm

Well, it's the middle of the offseason. News is fairly scarce, and it is a comparatively boring time in Bobcat football. To relieve some of my boredom, I would like to hear what cool Bobcat-related man cave items you guys have. For instance, I have a football signed by the entire 2018 Cat roster, a poster signed by the 2003 roster(including Lulay, Ioane, and Joey Thomas), and a game ball from the 2002 Cat-Griz game when we broke the streak. I'm very curious to see what items you got!

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Re: Cool Bobcat "man cave" items

Post by AFCAT » Fri Apr 14, 2023 12:19 pm

Lots of stuff. 1984 championship team prints, signed basketballs and footballs, various signed prints, Bobcat mini-helmets, signed Miracle in Missoula poster, football jerseys, and other stuff. I donated some historical items back to the Bobcats, including the 1919 quarterback and team captains letterman sweater, a letter from the head coach, and other personal items. I also found a really cool 1929 vintage collage with photos of the team that I donated back to MSU. My brother has an actual helmet from the 1984 team.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

doebrmnn
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by doebrmnn » Fri Apr 14, 2023 1:17 pm

Probably the only Cat football helmet signed by Bobby Hauck.

JoeCatsJoe
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by JoeCatsJoe » Fri Apr 14, 2023 1:30 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 12:19 pm
Lots of stuff. 1984 championship team prints, signed basketballs and footballs, various signed prints, Bobcat mini-helmets, signed Miracle in Missoula poster, football jerseys, and other stuff. I donated some historical items back to the Bobcats, including the 1919 quarterback and team captains letterman sweater, a letter from the head coach, and other personal items. I also found a really cool 1929 vintage collage with photos of the team that I donated back to MSU. My brother has an actual helmet from the 1984 team.
Wow, those are some sick items. Sounds like I have quite a ways to go yet. I'm definitely lacking in the jersey department, although I did get a Troy Andersen Falcons jersey.

JoeCatsJoe
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by JoeCatsJoe » Fri Apr 14, 2023 1:30 pm

doebrmnn wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 1:17 pm
For real? How in the world did that come about?

Bobcat80
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Bobcat80 » Fri Apr 14, 2023 2:43 pm

I have a football helmet signed by the entire 2005 Conference Championship team.

Joe Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Joe Bobcat » Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:27 pm

JoeCatsJoe wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 1:30 pm
doebrmnn wrote:
I'm going to guess that JCJ had some compromising pictures of BH standing behind a ewe sheep or something similar.
Now even if I'm wrong I bet the real story isn't nearly as entertaining to think about. BH ewe rascal you.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:28 pm

Back in the late 2000s early 2010s my friend made her own wooden Ms and painted them up. They are really cool. She was front row of the student section every game. One of the Conf Championship teams signed the two M's she made. She gave me one. Her holding her M was on every billboard for MSU for years. Heck, her picture still might be in the Bozeman Airport.

I also have a really cool panorama of the 2022 National Championship game. I stumbled across it on social media. The picture was taken right at kickoff. Even though we lost its really cool. I also have a huge framed aerial photo of when everyone in the south endzone held up signs and its said Go Cats with the Cat logo in the middle. Love that photo.

I still have the Chronicle from when we broke the streak.

And lastly, my mom made me a Bobcat Tshirt quilt. Its so awesome. It has shirts that go back to 2002, playoff shirts. conference championship shirts, anti grizzly shirts, gold rush shirts. Love that quilt.

Hating the griz since 02.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:39 pm

CodyCat wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:28 pm
Back in the late 2000s early 2010s my friend made her own wooden Ms and painted them up. They are really cool. She was front row of the student section every game. One of the Conf Championship teams signed the two M's she made. She gave me one. Her holding her M was on every billboard for MSU for years. Heck, her picture still might be in the Bozeman Airport.

I also have a really cool panorama of the 2022 National Championship game. I stumbled across it on social media. The picture was taken right at kickoff. Even though we lost its really cool. I also have a huge framed aerial photo of when everyone in the south endzone held up signs and its said Go Cats with the Cat logo in the middle. Love that photo.

I still have the Chronicle from when we broke the streak.

And lastly, my mom made me a Bobcat Tshirt quilt. Its so awesome. It has shirts that go back to 2002, playoff shirts. conference championship shirts, anti grizzly shirts, gold rush shirts. Love that quilt.
I want to do the quilt thing someday with my old and more worn out t-shirts.

“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

doebrmnn
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by doebrmnn » Fri Apr 14, 2023 4:42 pm

JoeCatsJoe wrote:
doebrmnn wrote:
It was a charity auction. Told him I would pay a ridiculous amount for the helmet if he would sign it. He said he would agree but only if he could inscribe it anyway he wanted. I told him sure. Unfortunately the only Pen I could find was a silver sharpie so it is pretty weak but he inscribed it with Go Griz and FTC (For the Cats) which I thought was a nice gesture.

JoeCatsJoe
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by JoeCatsJoe » Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:11 pm

doebrmnn wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 4:42 pm
JoeCatsJoe wrote:
doebrmnn wrote:
It was a charity auction. Told him I would pay a ridiculous amount for the helmet if he would sign it. He said he would agree but only if he could inscribe it anyway he wanted. I told him sure. Unfortunately the only Pen I could find was a silver sharpie so it is pretty weak but he inscribed it with Go Griz and FTC (For the Cats) which I thought was a nice gesture.
What a gentleman, to set aside the rivalry and write an encouraging and uplifting message about the Cats on your helmet. Real big of him :wink:

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:30 pm

JoeCatsJoe wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
Wow, those are some sick items. Sounds like I have quite a ways to go yet. I'm definitely lacking in the jersey department, although I did get a Troy Andersen Falcons jersey.
At one time, I had the last jerseys worn by Chad Newell, Derek Marks (last home game), Kevin Kassis (last home game), and Jahque Alleyne (last home game). I also had Nick LaSane, Tucker Yates, and Chris Murrays jerseys that they wore in the 2016 Cat-gris game in Missoula. I was able to send all the jerseys back to each guy. There are a few other jerseys that I donated back to players but they weren't from final or notable games.

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:51 pm

Dark blue game helmet signed with silver sharpie by defensive player of the year Jodi Owens, offensive player of the year denarius McGee, and coach of the year Rob Ash

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:59 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:30 pm
JoeCatsJoe wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
At one time, I had the last jerseys worn by Chad Newell, Derek Marks (last home game), Kevin Kassis (last home game), and Jahque Alleyne (last home game). I also had Nick LaSane, Tucker Yates, and Chris Murrays jerseys that they wore in the 2016 Cat-gris game in Missoula. I was able to send all the jerseys back to each guy. There are a few other jerseys that I donated back to players but they weren't from final or notable games.
This always makes me wonder: do the players not get to keep a jersey when they are done playing or do they have to rely on AFCAT's generosity for a keepsake?

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:21 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:59 pm
AFCAT wrote:
JoeCatsJoe wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
This always makes me wonder: do the players not get to keep a jersey when they are done playing or do they have to rely on AFCAT's generosity for a keepsake?
All the guys I gave jerseys back to told me they didn't have one, so I'm guessing they don't have that option. I'd like to see Seniors given their Jerseys or at least given the chance to purchase one.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:28 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:21 pm
coloradocat wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:59 pm
AFCAT wrote:
JoeCatsJoe wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
All the guys I gave jerseys back to told me they didn't have one, so I'm guessing they don't have that option. I'd like to see Seniors given their Jerseys or at least given the chance to purchase one.
All players, at least the guys who finish their eligibility as Bobcats, should get to keep the jersey from their last game. We're not some D2 school, we can afford to replace a dozen or so jerseys a year.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

St George
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by St George » Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:11 pm

My best are a Wooden plaque (12" x6") of Montana with a bronze Bobcat head and plate inscribed MONTANA STATE UNIVERSITY HOME OF THE BOBCATS. A limited edition print of campus (300 of 1000) water color by Barb Starner, wife of Stu Starner. A Singleton Eagles jersey. A helmet sticker (Cats) from the 1984 team +or minus. Along with 45+ items including hats, coats, gloves, vests, shirts, pants. Numerous other items signs, flags, license plates and frames, etc.

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:53 pm

Great topic, especially since I just finished out the new rec room for my pool table (covered with a Bobcat table cover). Regular items like a blue Bobcat helmet, current year bball and football schedule posters framed and a couple Miracle in Missoula posters. Two other items are my favorites though. First is a FCS National Championship football signed by Troy and Tommy. Second is something I actually forgot I had and found in a drawer…a 2002 Cat/Griz game tshirt with “Spank the Griz” cartoon and signed by the entire starting lineup of the streak breaking team.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:47 pm

Just picked this up today. I figured it might be the last time we see a Big Sky basketball title for a while.

Catdad42
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Catdad42 » Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:35 am

We have my Sons helmet worn in his last Cat/Griz game. Coach Choates first year signed by Choate inscribed "Beat the Sky Own the State Coach Choate" . Best slogan ever!