Cool Bobcat "man cave" items

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

vike_king
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Cool Bobcat "man cave" items

Post by vike_king » Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:35 pm

I have a poster from 1985, the Blue-Gold spring scrimmage held in Chester.

Anyone able to tutor me on posting a picture?

Chester, MT/ Helena, MT

JoeCatsJoe
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by JoeCatsJoe » Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:39 pm

vike_king wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:35 pm

I can’t help you post a picture, but that’s a great idea. There are some really cool stuff listed here, I’d love to see some pictures, if possible.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:45 pm

vike_king wrote:

Go to this site. https://postimages.org/

Upload your photos.

Click on the direct link button (far right) to copy the link to the photo or just copy the link by high lighting and copying it.

Come back to BN and the thread you want to post on.

Click on the image button, looks like a mountain silhouette.

Post the link to the photo between the two img(s)

Preview and submit.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

vike_king

Post by vike_king » Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:11 pm

Chester, MT/ Helena, MT

St George
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by St George » Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:13 am

Got it figured out thanks for the directions.

vike_king

Post by vike_king » Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:05 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:45 pm
vike_king wrote:

Go to this site. https://postimages.org/

Upload your photos.

Click on the direct link button (far right) to copy the link to the photo or just copy the link by high lighting and copying it.

Come back to BN and the thread you want to post on.

Click on the image button, looks like a mountain silhouette.

Post the link to the photo between the two img(s)

Preview and submit.
Thanks a bunch

Chester, MT/ Helena, MT

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:06 pm

Just picked this 1956 National Championship program up. The owner had the program for sale for quite a few years and I refused to pay his price, but I bargained him down quite a bit and was able to get it. I'm going to donate the program back to MSU but I think I'll get a poster made of the cover first. I figure the poster will look cool in my home office.

“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

Helenabobcat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Helenabobcat » Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:23 pm

This is my favorite part of my Bobcat room that I painted during my covid isolation week...this and the poster of my dad's team from the early 70's.

JoeCatsJoe
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by JoeCatsJoe » Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:23 pm

Helenabobcat wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:23 pm

This is my favorite part of my Bobcat room that I painted during my covid isolation week...this and the poster of my dad's team from the early 70's.
Showing the evolution of the logos is a cool touch.

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:13 am

AFCAT wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:06 pm
Just picked this 1956 National Championship program up. The owner had the program for sale for quite a few years and I refused to pay his price, but I bargained him down quite a bit and was able to get it. I'm going to donate the program back to MSU but I think I'll get a poster made of the cover first. I figure the poster will look cool in my home office.

Wow! That’s so amazing for me to see. That game is my earliest memory of football. I was 7 years old, and my dad and I rode with one of his workmates, on a chilly but sunny winter day, to Livingston to watch the game on TV in the lobby of the Murray Hotel. Fuzzy black-and-white but probably didn’t matter much anyway as before the end of the first quarter both teams were covered in mud head-to-toe. Very vivid memories as it was a BIG event. I was treated to a 5-cent Hershey’s chocolate bar. It was a good day.

BobcatDel

Post by BobcatDel » Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:52 pm

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:13 am
AFCAT wrote:

Wow! That’s so amazing for me to see. That game is my earliest memory of football. I was 7 years old, and my dad and I rode with one of his workmates, on a chilly but sunny winter day, to Livingston to watch the game on TV in the lobby of the Murray Hotel. Fuzzy black-and-white but probably didn’t matter much anyway as before the end of the first quarter both teams were covered in mud head-to-toe. Very vivid memories as it was a BIG event. I was treated to a 5-cent Hershey’s chocolate bar. It was a good day.
Ha! Loved the story!

BobcatDel

Post by BobcatDel » Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:57 pm

AFCAT wrote:

Nice! If you are going to donate to MSU anyway, might see what they would do with it. I suggest that only because I had a signed jersey and what we agreed to do was I would get it framed (too expensive but I did it anyway) and they put it in the auction at the Blue and Gold Gala….which got a $1000 for the scholarship fund. Since I was itemizing at the time I even got a little tax benefit…harder to itemize today unless you have a lot. Just throwing it out there. Otherwise it may lay in the archives and never be seen.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:53 pm

BobcatDel wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:57 pm
AFCAT wrote:

Nice! If you are going to donate to MSU anyway, might see what they would do with it. I suggest that only because I had a signed jersey and what we agreed to do was I would get it framed (too expensive but I did it anyway) and they put it in the auction at the Blue and Gold Gala….which got a $1000 for the scholarship fund. Since I was itemizing at the time I even got a little tax benefit…harder to itemize today unless you have a lot. Just throwing it out there. Otherwise it may lay in the archives and never be seen.
That's a good idea. I've donated all sorts of historical stuff to MSU athletics. If MSU does display the items, then that's awesome. I would hope that they wouldn't sell or give away any of the items and I'd be a little irked if they did. I know Leon has a dream of building a true MSU Hall of Fame someday and not just having that little room in the Brick. I would think that the items I've donated would end up on display in that future Hall of Fame or possibly in a display case in the BAC. I'm also going to take a nice image of the program and give it to the Bobcat Collective, so they can use it in the future as a printed poster to give away or sell.

On another note; when MSU came out with their facilities plan, I thought it would have been cool if they named that walkway that went by their planned indoor facility the 'Hall of Fame' walkway and that the names of each hall of famer be inscribed in some way on a wall along the walkway. Just dreaming though.

snowxlt
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by snowxlt » Wed Apr 26, 2023 4:18 pm

i have various game jerseys but the best thing i have is blue game helmet #41 worn by Grant Collins the year before #41 was recognized for MSU players

96 Engineering and 99 Education

RICO CAT
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by RICO CAT » Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:33 pm

It’s amazing what you can find on eBay. Got a 1947 Harbor Bowl program with 2 tickets, 1976 Pioneer Bowl program and ticket to said game and other programs from the late 1940’s to 1960’s. I too intend to give these items to the athletic department. Wish I could post photos for you all but seem to be unable to. Tried the link listed above but apparently you need to provide a credit card number.

“OVER THEM MOUNTAINS”

Oldpanther
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Oldpanther » Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:31 pm

I have a 2022 Gold Rush T-shirt.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:17 pm

RICO CAT wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:33 pm
It’s amazing what you can find on eBay. Got a 1947 Harbor Bowl program with 2 tickets, 1976 Pioneer Bowl program and ticket to said game and other programs from the late 1940’s to 1960’s. I too intend to give these items to the athletic department. Wish I could post photos for you all but seem to be unable to. Tried the link listed above but apparently you need to provide a credit card number.
You don’t need a credit card number to post photos. It’s free.

https://postimages.org/

Click on ‘choose images’ not the ‘Start Here’ ad at the top of the page.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:21 pm

Oldpanther wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:31 pm

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:29 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:21 pm
Oldpanther wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:31 pm
I have 2.....

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:28 am

I need to sort through my gold rush shirts, I think I may be missing 1-2 years but I think I have nearly every one since we started doing them.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast