Cool Bobcat "man cave" items

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Re: Cool Bobcat "man cave" items

Post by allcat » Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:55 am

AFCAT wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:45 am
coloradocat wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:01 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:57 pm
RICO CAT wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:55 pm

Saw this cool program posted on eBay
That’s a grizzly program, so buyer beware. Montana State College in Bozeman became Montana State University in 1965. Anything with MSU before that year is Missoula and the Gris.
You seem like a guy that might know this: what's the deal with the name changes? I know we got the name when we officially became a "university" but it seems like it would have been easier to just give us the UM name instead of taking MSU from Missoula and both schools having to change names.
I see your question has already been answered. Thanks guys! Anyway, yes from what I’ve read in the past, it caused a bit of a stir for both schools to change names in 1965 rather than just one, but they worked it out. Heck, as noted above, both schools changed names numerous times over the previous years anyway.

Just a good rule of thumb, when searching for MSU related items on eBay, be aware of the name changes or you could get burned. Even just checking for ‘Montana State’ items can be risky.
It is cool that we also got the good uniform colors in the deal. How many trys at a uniform combo has the small school to the west had?

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

Camo_Cat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Camo_Cat » Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:35 am

allcat wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:55 am
It is cool that we also got the good uniform colors in the deal. How many trys at a uniform combo has the small school to the west had?
Their black and orange "Halloweenies" were their best color combo, in my opinion! :lol: :lol: :lol:

"I love Bozeman. I love these people. I love the Cats. I even love this weather. You think I'm gonna pick Missoula? You're crazy - gimme the Cat head!!" -- Lee Corso, ESPN GameDay

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:24 pm

Camo_Cat wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:35 am
allcat wrote:
Their black and orange "Halloweenies" were their best color combo, in my opinion! :lol: :lol: :lol:
It's funny, old guys like me like to say uniforms don't matter. But when the gris came out in their throwbacks that one year (2008?), that stadium went bonkers and the Cats never had a chance. Maybe they didn't have a chance anyway, but that was extra soul-crushing. Then two years later they came out in the aforementioned black and orange, and it's like they knew they tried too hard that time around. I'm not saying it's the most important thing, or even one of the most important...but there's something to the old "look good play good" line.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:04 pm

Another item from the archives.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

Camo_Cat

Post by Camo_Cat » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:15 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:24 pm
Camo_Cat wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:35 am
allcat wrote:
It's funny, old guys like me like to say uniforms don't matter. But when the gris came out in their throwbacks that one year (2008?), that stadium went bonkers and the Cats never had a chance. Maybe they didn't have a chance anyway, but that was extra soul-crushing. Then two years later they came out in the aforementioned black and orange, and it's like they knew they tried too hard that time around. I'm not saying it's the most important thing, or even one of the most important...but there's something to the old "look good play good" line.
I remember that game you are referring to, when they came out in the old copper/brown/yellow unis, and you're exactly right. They played to the crowd's fever pitch that day. A uniform can make a difference...

"I love Bozeman. I love these people. I love the Cats. I even love this weather. You think I'm gonna pick Missoula? You're crazy - gimme the Cat head!!" -- Lee Corso, ESPN GameDay

Camo_Cat

Post by Camo_Cat » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:25 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:04 pm
Another item from the archives.

That's is pretty cool!

I have one from 2006, when Al Beye was a senior. One of my fondest pieces of Bobcat memorabilia, since we lost big Al shortly afterwards.