Zac Crews

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Re: Zac Crews

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:31 am

wbtfg wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:10 am
GrizgradCatFan wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:32 am
The kid deserves a second chance. I mean come on people. Everyone has said or done something that he or she regrets, but your life shouldn't end with that one bad decision unless a life is lost or something of that nature. The kid has paid allot of dues for his error and should be given a second chance. He was given false information over the hill as they tried to sweep it under the rug. He has made progress towards repairing the issue with talking to fellow teammates and apologizing as much as he can at this time. Yeah he will always have this over his head until he is able to move forward in life, but lets give him a chance and move forward. There should be no further discussion or argument on this post until Montana State makes a statement and if he is going to walk on this spring or next fall then I am sure the university will make a statement.
A few thoughts.

1. I agree, he deserves a second chance. He made a really terrible and hurtful decision, but I think he's paid his dues.
2. No one's life is going to be ruined by not playing college football....No one is entitled to a spot on the team.
3. In my mind, the decision rests on how supportive (or not) his teammates are. I don't care how good a player is, if their presence disrupts and divides a locker room, it's not worth it.
Good post. It is up to the players. Whatever they decide everyone else should be fine with it and move on.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

ND0479
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by ND0479 » Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:40 am

It's ultimately up to the coaches, as much as we'd like it to be up to the players.

PortlandCat90
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by PortlandCat90 » Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:02 am

ND0479 wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:40 am
It's ultimately up to the coaches, as much as we'd like it to be up to the players.
I'm sure the Administration have provided guidelines as well. To say it is up to the players is insane. Issues and opportunities like this is where Leadership is required, and Vigen is a strong Leader. He can certainly take counsel from the players - some may scream "racist" and some may laugh at it - and I think that is important to connect/hear/consider if it gets to that point, but in no way are the players the decision-makers here. Knowing Vigen I have no doubt he will make the right decision, even if I disagree with it.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:11 am

He's not going back over the hill. He didn't sign with any NAIA or other D1 school. Seems kind of obvious he'll be with the team this spring or fall.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:26 am

PortlandCat90 wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:02 am
ND0479 wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:40 am
I'm sure the Administration have provided guidelines as well. To say it is up to the players is insane. Issues and opportunities like this is where Leadership is required, and Vigen is a strong Leader. He can certainly take counsel from the players - some may scream "racist" and some may laugh at it - and I think that is important to connect/hear/consider if it gets to that point, but in no way are the players the decision-makers here. Knowing Vigen I have no doubt he will make the right decision, even if I disagree with it.
I agree the players aren't the decision makers, but the players do have a voice, and it's up to Vigen and staff to listen and take that voice into account when decision making.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:35 am

wbtfg wrote:
GrizgradCatFan wrote:
The kid deserves a second chance. I mean come on people. Everyone has said or done something that he or she regrets, but your life shouldn't end with that one bad decision unless a life is lost or something of that nature. The kid has paid allot of dues for his error and should be given a second chance. He was given false information over the hill as they tried to sweep it under the rug. He has made progress towards repairing the issue with talking to fellow teammates and apologizing as much as he can at this time. Yeah he will always have this over his head until he is able to move forward in life, but lets give him a chance and move forward. There should be no further discussion or argument on this post until Montana State makes a statement and if he is going to walk on this spring or next fall then I am sure the university will make a statement.
A few thoughts.

1. I agree, he deserves a second chance. He made a really terrible and hurtful decision, but I think he's paid his dues.
2. No one's life is going to be ruined by not playing college football....No one is entitled to a spot on the team.
3. In my mind, the decision rests on how supportive (or not) his teammates are. I don't care how good a player is, if their presence disrupts and divides a locker room, it's not worth it.
I agree wholeheartedly.

I have no skin in this game. Sold Pepsi products to the University, season ticket holder, just a big fan of MSU.
Last edited by RickRund on Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:21 pm

wbtfg wrote:
GrizgradCatFan wrote:
A few thoughts.

Good post! I fully agree with your thoughts.

Bobcatsinmso
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Bobcatsinmso » Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:26 pm

Not only will Zac be a Bobcat football player, he will turn out to be the best recruiter for the Cats at Missoula Sentinel high School.

The State of Montana is Bobcat country.
missoula....still just 20 miles from Montana.
FTG

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:31 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:11 am
He's not going back over the hill. He didn't sign with any NAIA or other D1 school. Seems kind of obvious he'll be with the team this spring or fall.
How so? Has anyone seen any comment at all from Vigen that suggests there is any Chance Crews might have a chance of making it on the team?

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:40 pm

catatac wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:31 pm
Hawks86 wrote:
How so? Has anyone seen any comment at all from Vigen that suggests there is any Chance Crews might have a chance of making it on the team?
So, you think he's going to school at MSU just to be a student?

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:54 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:40 pm
catatac wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
I have no idea, but yes I can certainly see him wanting to still go to college somewhere and he’s sure ad hell not staying in Missoula. I could also see a kid in his situation enrolling at MSU with hopes of walking on and earning a spot on the team, again I have no idea because I haven’t seen where Vigen commented on any if this. Does anyone know if he has? Not trying to be argumentative, just looking for any facts rather than speculation.

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:33 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
catatac wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
Absolutely could be. Went through his stuff at um, enrolled at MSU to get a degree and could have realized that he doesnt miss the game and enjoys just being a regular college kid.

Hating the griz since 02.

HookedOnGriz
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by HookedOnGriz » Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:10 pm

He is on your team and participating in winter conditioning.

seataccat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by seataccat » Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:37 pm

catatac wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:54 pm
Hawks86 wrote:
catatac wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
I have no idea, but yes I can certainly see him wanting to still go to college somewhere and he’s sure ad hell not staying in Missoula. I could also see a kid in his situation enrolling at MSU with hopes of walking on and earning a spot on the team, again I have no idea because I haven’t seen where Vigen commented on any if this. Does anyone know if he has? Not trying to be argumentative, just looking for any facts rather than speculation.
But doesn't the fact that he is short of full time kind of indicate that he is not using up his eligibility for a reason? If he was just going to be a student don't you think he would have enrolled full time? It was my understanding that he enrolled part time to essentially grey shirt. Is that not correct?

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:25 am

Bobcatsinmso wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:26 pm
Not only will Zac be a Bobcat football player, he will turn out to be the best recruiter for the Cats at Missoula Sentinel high School.
JJ Dolan too, and he’s a 3x Gris legacy with great-grandpa John, grandpa Pat, and dad Nate all playing football in Missoula.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:38 pm

seataccat wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:37 pm
catatac wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
catatac wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
But doesn't the fact that he is short of full time kind of indicate that he is not using up his eligibility for a reason? If he was just going to be a student don't you think he would have enrolled full time? It was my understanding that he enrolled part time to essentially grey shirt. Is that not correct?
I didn’t know he was part time. I also didn’t realize he was only 15 when he made the mistake. That is very, very young.

seataccat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by seataccat » Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:42 pm

catatac wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:38 pm
seataccat wrote:
catatac wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
catatac wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
I didn’t know he was part time. I also didn’t realize he was only 15 when he made the mistake. That is very, very young.
Quite sure I read originally on here that he was a part time student so the clock wasn't ticking on his eligibility. I thought at the time that it was a major clue as to his intentions to play football.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:10 pm

seataccat wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:42 pm
catatac wrote:
seataccat wrote:
catatac wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
catatac wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
Quite sure I read originally on here that he was a part time student so the clock wasn't ticking on his eligibility. I thought at the time that it was a major clue as to his intentions to play football.
Crews said he was a part time student in the article that was written about the incident. Crews also said he was 17 when the incident occurred, not 15.

https://buttesports.com/sentinel-great- ... all-limbo/

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:29 pm

HookedOnGriz wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:10 pm
He is on your team and participating in winter conditioning.
Good. I like talented players.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:49 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:10 pm
seataccat wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:42 pm
catatac wrote:
seataccat wrote:
catatac wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
catatac wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
Crews said he was a part time student in the article that was written about the incident. Crews also said he was 17 when the incident occurred, not 15.

https://buttesports.com/sentinel-great- ... all-limbo/
Gotcha, thanks. Mis information drives me nuts sometimes! 100% my own fault for not fact checking and just looking it up.