Offseason Random Stuff - 2022

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

autocat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: Offseason Random Stuff - 2022

Post by autocat » Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:25 pm

hauck is a cheap shot artists which erases anything he has accomplished for those of you that are in love with his playing ability :shock:

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:57 pm

autocat wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:25 pm
hauck is a cheap shot artists which erases anything he has accomplished for those of you that are in love with his playing ability :shock:
Agreed. He’s hot garbage. Our 3rd string is better than him.

GO CATS GO!!!

Common Cat

Post by Common Cat » Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:03 pm

BozoneCat wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:57 pm
autocat wrote:
I mean that’s a bit of a stretch. He’s a good player.

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

Common Cat

Post by Common Cat » Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:06 pm

Common Cat wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:03 pm
BozoneCat wrote:
autocat wrote:
And btw- don’t ever make me defend RH again - it made me feel ew.

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:20 pm

Common Cat wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:
autocat wrote:
I think "overrated scrub who's only starting because coach is dad" is more apropos. Hot garbage is just meanspirited. He's just not that good. I'd take Kahari Garcia over him every time, and Kahari was infamous for his suspect pursuit angles and downfield tackling.

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:32 pm

autocat wrote:
He’s an ambulance chaser in my opinion. Late to the pile and last one off the ground so that the spotters are sure to see his number. He’s decent and fearless but I’d love to see the true numbers from an independent stat counter. Maybe 2/3 to 3/4 what’s reported.

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:58 pm

grizzh8r wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:20 pm
Common Cat wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:
autocat wrote:
I think "overrated scrub who's only starting because coach is dad" is more apropos. Hot garbage is just meanspirited. He's just not that good. I'd take Kahari Garcia over him every time, and Kahari was infamous for his suspect pursuit angles and downfield tackling.
Yikes really? I know Hauck isn't amazing and is definitely overrated, but Garcia was one of the worst safeties ever to play meaningful snaps for the Cats.

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:14 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:58 pm
grizzh8r wrote:
Common Cat wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:
autocat wrote:
Yikes really? I know Hauck isn't amazing and is definitely overrated, but Garcia was one of the worst safeties ever to play meaningful snaps for the Cats.
I know. And I'd still take him over Lil Robbie.

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:34 pm

94VegasCat wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:32 pm
autocat wrote:
He’s an ambulance chaser in my opinion. Late to the pile and last one off the ground so that the spotters are sure to see his number. He’s decent and fearless but I’d love to see the true numbers from an independent stat counter. Maybe 2/3 to 3/4 what’s reported.
His away game stats are very similar to his home stats. He’s not very good in pass coverage, but he’s tough and he’s a good tackler. If his last name was Smith and he played here, people would love him.

BozoneCat

Post by BozoneCat » Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:43 pm

Common Cat wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:06 pm
Common Cat wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:
autocat wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hot garbage might be a little superfluous, but I just don't think he's very good. I really don't think he'd make our 2-deep. He does fit into their system pretty well, and I'm pretty sure Bobby likes to make it work for him, nepotism be damned. But the awards and all that is just a joke.

GO CATS GO!!!

BozoneCat

Post by BozoneCat » Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:44 pm

grizzh8r wrote:
Common Cat wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:
autocat wrote:
I agree with that, other than I don't think I'd take Garcia over him. Now don't you go making me defend a Hauck now! :wink:

GO CATS GO!!!

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:46 am

BozoneCat wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:43 pm
Common Cat wrote:
Common Cat wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:
autocat wrote:

Hot garbage might be a little superfluous, but I just don't think he's very good. I really don't think he'd make our 2-deep. He does fit into their system pretty well, and I'm pretty sure Bobby likes to make it work for him, nepotism be damned. But the awards and all that is just a joke.
I mostly agree with you. My biggest impressions of lil' Hauck are from Cat-griz games since I don't watch a ton of griz games... most notably the 2019 Cat griz game in Bozeman where lil' Hauck was absolutely terrible. At least half of the TDs we scored (and there were a lot of them) were directly the result of Hauck taking a bad angle to the ball carrier. Maybe he's improved since that game, I don't know, but he was horrible then.

Here's a great example of what I mean, Hauck is the deep safety:

jgrilley406
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by jgrilley406 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:16 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:46 am
BozoneCat wrote:
Common Cat wrote:
Common Cat wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:
autocat wrote:

I mostly agree with you. My biggest impressions of lil' Hauck are from Cat-griz games since I don't watch a ton of griz games... most notably the 2019 Cat griz game in Bozeman where lil' Hauck was absolutely terrible. At least half of the TDs we scored (and there were a lot of them) were directly the result of Hauck taking a bad angle to the ball carrier. Maybe he's improved since that game, I don't know, but he was horrible then.

No it happens a lot…even watch the game against JMU, every long TD they had one was a run even the other was a pass and can’t remember which one but when ESPN came back from commercial break after the TD they broke down the play and even circled Hauck and said he was out of position…he’s an undersized LB playing safety, what I don’t get is since he loves making tackles so much and he struggles in coverage, why don’t they put him as the nickel back and play closer to the line and put in a more proven coverage safety up top.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:32 pm

91catAlum wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:
Common Cat wrote:
Common Cat wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:
autocat wrote:

That you for posting this! My thoughts exactly!

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:35 pm

jgrilley406 wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:16 pm
91catAlum wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:
Common Cat wrote:
Common Cat wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:
autocat wrote:

No it happens a lot…even watch the game against JMU, every long TD they had one was a run even the other was a pass and can’t remember which one but when ESPN came back from commercial break after the TD they broke down the play and even circled Hauck and said he was out of position…he’s an undersized LB playing safety, what I don’t get is since he loves making tackles so much and he struggles in coverage, why don’t they put him as the nickel back and play closer to the line and put in a more proven coverage safety up top.
You are so correct! Playing him as a nickel closer to the line seems like a great idea, but he has terrible cover skills for pass plays.

If they kept a missed tackle stat, I am guessing that Hauck would lead the league.

grizgirl
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by grizgirl » Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:04 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:35 pm
jgrilley406 wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:
Common Cat wrote:
Common Cat wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:
autocat wrote:

You are so correct! Playing him as a nickel closer to the line seems like a great idea, but he has terrible cover skills for pass plays.

If they kept a missed tackle stat, I am guessing that Hauck would lead the league.
Coach Hauck has very little energy. What energy he does have he and his assistants use to constantly cuss out the players. He’s done after this year. Bookmark it. He only came back to coach his son. It’s an awkward situation all the way around.

Go Dark Brandon!!

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:25 pm

grizgirl wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:04 pm
Cataholic wrote:
jgrilley406 wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:
Common Cat wrote:
Common Cat wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:
autocat wrote:

Coach Hauck has very little energy. What energy he does have he and his assistants use to constantly cuss out the players. He’s done after this year. Bookmark it. He only came back to coach his son. It’s an awkward situation all the way around.
You and I don’t agree on politics, but I love your football insight and acumen.

I have never been a fan of Bobby. I had a tremendous amount of respect for Don Read, Joe Glenn and even Delaney. They just seemed to be good guys who treated kids fairly.

Common Cat

Post by Common Cat » Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:46 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:25 pm
grizgirl wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
jgrilley406 wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:
Common Cat wrote:
Common Cat wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:
autocat wrote:

I have never been a fan of Bobby. I had a tremendous amount of respect for Don Read, Joe Glenn and even Delaney. They just seemed to be good guys who treated kids fairly.
In one of his recent interviews, perhaps from media day, with Nuanez, BH mentioned he’s having the most fun coaching right now as he’s ever had. Something is incongruent.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:09 pm

Common Cat wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:46 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:25 pm
grizgirl wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
jgrilley406 wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:
Common Cat wrote:
Common Cat wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:

In one of his recent interviews, perhaps from media day, with Nuanez, BH mentioned he’s having the most fun coaching right now as he’s ever had. Something is incongruent.
Coach “speak” to garner attention for the next job? Or am I being trolled by grizgirl? I actually think she is right and he has one foot out the door. The drama surrounding the university from the AD to lawsuits to enrollment to financial issues and an unrealistic fan base, it would seem pretty easy to get burnt out.

PHAT CAT
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by PHAT CAT » Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:18 pm

Bobby will never leave Montana again. As long as the Washington boy's are happy. He'll be the head coach at U of M. End of story.