Indoor facility

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Indoor facility

Post by GoCats18 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:42 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:52 pm
Still looking for donations. Down to about $1.25 million left to finish funding the project. Donate now!
I don't know when construction will start or when it will be completed or what material they are using or what color the building will be or anything else.
There has to be a donor between Bozeman and Big Sky that could donate $1.25 million and not even notice it.

Punters are people too!!

RICO CAT
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by RICO CAT » Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:51 am

If you’ve been on the fence, now is the time to donate. Even if it’s not a big time contribution, it all adds up when we all chip in.

“OVER THEM MOUNTAINS”

lutecat

Post by lutecat » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:56 am

Come on YC! Don't miss this chance for us to practice in the Jessica Biel Indoor Practice Facility! Give some.money today!

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:27 pm

I went by the stadium to take pics of the new scoreboard but it hasn't changed since Tom's photos, so I took some pics of the fitness center progress.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

RICO CAT

Post by RICO CAT » Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:22 pm

Appreciate the update AFCAT !

“OVER THEM MOUNTAINS”

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:21 pm

Indoor facility has been moved a bit. This is from the parking lot improvement plans.

“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

RICO CAT

Post by RICO CAT » Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:06 pm

Too bad it couldn’t be moved the other direction closer to the BAC so walking distance in the snow could be shorter.

“OVER THEM MOUNTAINS”

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:16 pm

RICO CAT wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:06 pm
Too bad it couldn’t be moved the other direction closer to the BAC so walking distance in the snow could be shorter.
The entrance looks to be about the same distance from the BAC as the previous design.
Last edited by AFCAT on Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:02 am

RICO CAT wrote:
Walking in the snow builds character, back in my day we had to walk three miles uphill each way in a blizzard just to get to our heated indoor practice facility.

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:15 am

RICO CAT wrote:
It looks like about a 100 yard walk. No big deal.

Hating the griz since 02.

RockyBearCat

Post by RockyBearCat » Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:24 am

CodyCat wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:15 am
RICO CAT wrote:
It looks like about a 100 yard walk. No big deal.
Should be able to do most of it through the concourse.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:15 pm

I overlaid the proposed 100 yards of practice football field closer to the BAC. This overlay doesn't even include the 300 meter track, the sprint track, and the throwing and jump areas. There just isn't enough room to put the facility next to the BAC and you'd lose a whole lot of parking area if you even tried. It even looks like MSU is going to have to take out some of the irrigation pond to fit the facility in where they want it to go.

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:29 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:15 pm
I overlaid the proposed 100 yards of practice football field closer to the BAC. This overlay doesn't even include the 300 meter track, the sprint track, and the throwing and jump areas. There just isn't enough room to put the facility next to the BAC and you'd lose a whole lot of parking area if you even tried. It even looks like MSU is going to have to take out some of the irrigation pond to fit the facility in where they want it to go.

why not just build it over the irrigation pond with a retractable floor for some indoor swimming? and while we are at it, include a skating rink for our club hockey team.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:32 pm

Montanabob wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:29 pm
AFCAT wrote:

why not just build it over the irrigation pond with a retractable floor for some indoor swimming? and while we are at it, include a skating rink for our club hockey team.
They'll need you to come up with the extra $20 mil and it will happen. :D

RICO CAT

Post by RICO CAT » Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:44 pm

The irrigation pond needs to be moved to a more remote area regardless. It’s taking up parking space.

“OVER THEM MOUNTAINS”

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:34 am

AFCAT wrote:

Thanks for overlaying this. The visual made me wonder if they decided to put it that direction so the track team can come and go from the IPF right to the track. Will there be a lockeroom for the track teams in it?

Hating the griz since 02.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:53 am

CodyCat wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:34 am
AFCAT wrote:

Thanks for overlaying this. The visual made me wonder if they decided to put it that direction so the track team can come and go from the IPF right to the track. Will there be a lockeroom for the track teams in it?
Last I saw, there will be a small locker room in the facility for all athletes. I think the larger design necessitated the move to a different spot. The old design did have a walk-way right to the outdoor track. This move also allows for more parking at Bobcat stadium. You can see those spots on the parking lot plans.

St George
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by St George » Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:38 am

AFCAT wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:32 pm
Montanabob wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

Why not shove it another 30-50 yds southeast. That space behind will just be unusable dead space. Then take that triangle to the southeast of the track and turn it into parking.

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:54 am

St George wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:38 am
AFCAT wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:32 pm
Montanabob wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

Why not shove it another 30-50 yds southeast. That space behind will just be unusable dead space. Then take that triangle to the southeast of the track and turn it into parking.
I wonder if they want to connect the stadium to the IPF someday (with a breezeway or something similar) and want it to be close. I have no idea.

But it's funny when we talk about the unusable dead space. I'm sure 50+ years ago when MSU was designating this plot of land for the stadium, they felt like they'd never need to be judicious about every square foot of ground. That was so far from the rest of campus, and that ground seemed pretty abundant. Even when I was in school in the 90's, the parking lots were never full even on game days, and students never had to park across Kagy. In fact if you had to park in the Fieldhouse lot at all, you complained about it all day! Now we're talking about little wedges of space where we could squeeze in more parking.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:26 am

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:54 am
But it's funny when we talk about the unusable dead space. I'm sure 50+ years ago when MSU was designating this plot of land for the stadium, they felt like they'd never need to be judicious about every square foot of ground. That was so far from the rest of campus, and that ground seemed pretty abundant. Even when I was in school in the 90's, the parking lots were never full even on game days, and students never had to park across Kagy. In fact if you had to park in the Fieldhouse lot at all, you complained about it all day! Now we're talking about little wedges of space where we could squeeze in more parking.
Ha, I always tried to sign up for 8:00 classes so that I could get a better parking spot and not have to park WAY OUT THERE in the lot south of the Fieldhouse. Times have definitely changed, I'm guessing that lot is now considered one of the better ones on campus.