Troy Freaking Andersen!

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BobcatDel
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Troy Freaking Andersen!

Post by BobcatDel » Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:14 am

Dmsubrew wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 6:56 am
Great interview! But..don't ask a MT rancher how many cows he has. Major faux pas. It's like asking a person when you meet them, hey, what's your net worth, bank roll, and how many $$$ you got in your pocket?? You can hear Troy awkwardly pause on that question.
Yep I cringed at that question too. Suppose he called home and said “sorry dad” didn’t know how to answer that one on the fly.

Still reminds me he is a pretty humble young man and great representative for Montana State.

And when they asked him his greatest play I immediately thought of the 4th and one play against SDSU in semi’s. The other one I thought of was spotting the Idaho running back a 10 yard lead and chasing him down from behind saving a touchdown. Many others…too many to mention.

Dmsubrew
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Dmsubrew » Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:51 am

Such a humble kid. Could've said it's somewhere between 2 and 2000 cows but that's none ya biz, but he was humbly honest. The sdsu and idaho plays are absolutely classic iconic TA plays. Many more to come I do believe

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:58 am

Love the 4th and 1 stop against SDSU being his favorite play if overall career.

Sports is not bigger than life

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by WalkOn79 » Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:11 am

tetoncat wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:58 am
And arguably the most impactful, even considering all the plays he made in the 2018 Brawl.

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:07 am

Dmsubrew wrote:
Great interview! But..don't ask a MT rancher how many cows he has. Major faux pas. It's like asking a person when you meet them, hey, what's your net worth, bank roll, and how many $$$ you got in your pocket?? You can hear Troy awkwardly pause on that question.
Hmm, guess I disagree with that one, maybe it's different between cattlemen, but I've never felt out of line asking how big their operation is (how many acres or sections their place covers, or how many head they run), and never felt offended by being asked that question personally.

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:19 am

grizzh8r wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:07 am
Dmsubrew wrote:
Hmm, guess I disagree with that one, maybe it's different between cattlemen, but I've never felt out of line asking how big their operation is (how many acres or sections their place covers, or how many head they run), and never felt offended by being asked that question personally.
Same. We were very small but I never cared. I doubt Troy cares if people that don't know what a swather is ask him how many cows his parents have.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:22 am

grizzh8r wrote:
Dmsubrew wrote:
Yeah, having grown up on a ranch and spent a several years as a ranch foreman, its not a problem to ask how many head you run. Acreage is different since each environment and management methods are different. Those are things that ranchers may discuss with each other but not with someone that doesn't know what the difference is. How many head yo run gives a feel for the size of the operation, not much different than asking how many employees a business has.

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Fri Nov 04, 2022 11:04 am

Dmsubrew wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:51 am
Such a humble kid. Could've said it's somewhere between 2 and 2000 cows but that's none ya biz, but he was humbly honest. The sdsu and idaho plays are absolutely classic iconic TA plays. Many more to come I do believe
Against anyone else, Pierre Strong takes the rock across the goal line. Even the SDSU guys on the FCS Fans Podcast was left speechless on that play.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Fri Nov 04, 2022 11:10 am

cats2506 wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:22 am
grizzh8r wrote:
Dmsubrew wrote:
Yeah, having grown up on a ranch and spent a several years as a ranch foreman, its not a problem to ask how many head you run. Acreage is different since each environment and management methods are different. Those are things that ranchers may discuss with each other but not with someone that doesn't know what the difference is. How many head yo run gives a feel for the size of the operation, not much different than asking how many employees a business has.
I've had job interviews where I ask an owner how much revenue the company does. In my mind, I'm just trying to do some quick calculations in my head about the size of the operations and what level of expertise would needed in the position I'm applying for. I recall a couple people bristling and hesitating at the question. It's a job interview, ffs, not a podcast with a million subscribers.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:17 pm

Cledus wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 11:04 am
Dmsubrew wrote:
Against anyone else, Pierre Strong takes the rock across the goal line. Even the SDSU guys on the FCS Fans Podcast was left speechless on that play.
Probably should have run Strong since Isaiah Davis was the guy Andersen "Stoned." 17:41 in the game.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:32 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:17 pm
Cledus wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 11:04 am
Dmsubrew wrote:
Probably should have run Strong since Isaiah Davis was the guy Andersen "Stoned." 17:41 in the game.
That was the exact play I was thinking of, but I thought I remembered Strong being the ball carrier. :oops: :oops:

Either way, it was an awesome display of Troy's athleticism.

vike_king

Post by vike_king » Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:36 pm

tetoncat wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:58 am
I called it, told my gal "4th and 1 in the semi-final". That play was so amazing.

Chester, MT/ Helena, MT

BobcatDel
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by BobcatDel » Sat Nov 05, 2022 12:12 am

cats2506 wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:22 am
grizzh8r wrote:
Dmsubrew wrote:
Well I disagree but that’s OK and I understand if you feel comfortable with the question and comfortable sharing that info. In fact, I’m kind of curious if perhaps you all would like to share the size of your assets with this blog……..

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:15 pm

Looks like Atlanta needs an offense.
So Troy at qb. Wr, or running back?

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:41 pm

Atlanta looks like they don't even want to be there. Not a very good effort. Against a 2 win team! I guess that's why the whole division sucks!
Last edited by Helcat72 on Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2024 Resume dominance

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:47 pm

Helcat72 wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:41 pm
Atlanta looks like they don't even want ti be there. Not a very good effort. Against a 2 win team! I guess that's why the whole division sucks!
Their LBs look like sticks in the mud and are missing tackles left and right. I get it's raining but are these dudes really better than Troy??

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:12 pm

Frankly I really haven't seen Troy really "light up" a ball carrier yet this year. He mostly makes shoestring tackles in pass coverage. Knowing the kind of football player he is, I imagine he's just doing his 1/11th. In the NFL it doesn't pay to try and do more unless you've established yourself as a starter. Even then you have to pick your opportunities wisely!

2024 Resume dominance

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:58 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:47 pm
Helcat72 wrote:
Atlanta looks like they don't even want ti be there. Not a very good effort. Against a 2 win team! I guess that's why the whole division sucks!
Their LBs look like sticks in the mud and are missing tackles left and right. I get it's raining but are these dudes really better than Troy??
He really struggles to get off blocks.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:06 pm

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:58 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:47 pm
Helcat72 wrote:
He really struggles to get off blocks.
I have noticed that. Walker isn't much better in that aspect though.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:43 pm

I really wish they’d get rid of the Thursday night games. Very boring.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber