Football great Mike Tilleman passed away

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Joe Bobcat
Member # Retired

Football great Mike Tilleman passed away

Post by Joe Bobcat » Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:14 pm

There is no doubt this is not a Bobcat Football thread subject but I saw no better place on the board to put this. Mike Tilleman was a great Montanan a great Football player and a man I was proud to call friend. He was a Griz but his passion for the game of football went far beyond one college and touched the lives of many young men throughout the state interested and involved in the game, from high school to college and beyond. Man some of the stories he had about his professional football career were just fantastic. It was always a pleasure to talk Cat Griz with him. Our conversations often went far beyond football and I'll miss those times. Condolences to his wife Gloria and the rest of his family. May he rest in peace.

https://www.havredailynews.com/story/20 ... 30741.html

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Re: Football great Mike Tilleman passed away

Post by catsrback76 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:24 am

Joe Bobcat wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:14 pm
There is no doubt this is not a Bobcat Football thread subject but I saw no better place on the board to put this. Mike Tilleman was a great Montanan a great Football player and a man I was proud to call friend. He was a Griz but his passion for the game of football went far beyond one college and touched the lives of many young men throughout the state interested and involved in the game, from high school to college and beyond. Man some of the stories he had about his professional football career were just fantastic. It was always a pleasure to talk Cat Griz with him. Our conversations often went far beyond football and I'll miss those times. Condolences to his wife Gloria and the rest of his family. May he rest in peace.

https://www.havredailynews.com/story/20 ... 30741.html
I met Mike and sold him insurance. He was not a Bobcat fan, and he was a big man...but he was fair. Thanks Mike! =D^

HiLineCat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by HiLineCat » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:01 pm

At one time Mike was donating a car to the Athletic Departments of both UM and MSU. That was at least 15 years ago. I don't know what he has been doing lately. For the last 10 years Mike was more involved with Tilleman Ag and let his son Craig run the car dealership.

RangeRider
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by RangeRider » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:16 pm

Mike and the Tilleman family were instrumental in the new field/staduim for MSU-Northern. They honored him just a few weeks ago at the grand opening. A huge upgrade from playing on the Blue Pony Field and a place to call their own.

https://406mtsports.com/college/frontie ... a671f.html

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:41 pm

Wrote this about Mike when we inducted him into the Montana Football Hall of Fame. The man never held any punches, was as honest as they come and was so proud to be a Montanan.