"Bison Fatigue"

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Re: "Bison Fatigue"

Post by BleedingBLue » Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:23 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:03 pm
I've been tired of Ndsu for at least 5 years now. Bison fatigue is real.
Real talk.

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:28 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:23 pm
91catAlum wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:03 pm
I've been tired of Ndsu for at least 5 years now. Bison fatigue is real.
Real talk.
At least NDSU actually is dominant. I’ll take that all day over an arrogant Griz!

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:33 pm

nevadacat wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:47 am
utucats wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:57 am
North Dakota is a ****** state and no one who wasn’t born there or has a job on a rig would ever want to live there. Surprising that support for NDSU has sputtered considering thats all either Dakotas have to offer.

No matter what happens on Saturday, Montana will continue to be far superior in nearly every way.
I can think of a lot of other states where, given the choice, I’d pick North Dakota over them. Bison fatigue not withstanding, the people there are just better than a lot of other places.
I'd rather go to hell then ever set foot in Oregon or Washington ever again! But there's a lot of people who like that area for some reason. I like eastern Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and the Dakotas...the area aound Canyon Ferry is beautiful to me but most people from other parts of the country I take there usually hate it. To each their own. I enjoy going to Scobey and visiting my relatives once in a while too...Opheim and Peerless is a nice area too.

CPrice91
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by CPrice91 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:52 pm

Cat Grad wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:33 pm
nevadacat wrote:
utucats wrote:
North Dakota is a ****** state and no one who wasn’t born there or has a job on a rig would ever want to live there. Surprising that support for NDSU has sputtered considering thats all either Dakotas have to offer.

No matter what happens on Saturday, Montana will continue to be far superior in nearly every way.
I can think of a lot of other states where, given the choice, I’d pick North Dakota over them. Bison fatigue not withstanding, the people there are just better than a lot of other places.
I'd rather go to hell then ever set foot in Oregon or Washington ever again! But there's a lot of people who like that area for some reason. I like eastern Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and the Dakotas...the area aound Canyon Ferry is beautiful to me but most people from other parts of the country I take there usually hate it. To each their own. I enjoy going to Scobey and visiting my relatives once in a while too...Opheim and Peerless is a nice area too.
Definitely to each their own :lol:

This'll be my first time driving east of Billings (at least on I-90/94) in almost a decade, after spending 10 years growing up in Eastern Montana. Didn't miss it one iota. Never going back. Basically North Dakota...

nevadacat
Member # Retired

Post by nevadacat » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:09 pm

utucats wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:07 pm
nevadacat wrote:
utucats wrote:

No one would want to live there doesn’t mean there aren’t worse places. Point is Montana is simply better.
Can’t argue with that last sentence.

...for today we raise, the BLUE and GOLD to wave victorious!... GO CATS GO!

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:12 pm

CPrice91 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:52 pm
Cat Grad wrote:
nevadacat wrote:
utucats wrote:

This'll be my first time driving east of Billings (at least on I-90/94) in almost a decade, after spending 10 years growing up in Eastern Montana. Didn't miss it one iota. Never going back. Basically North Dakota...
Come on man, give me a break. I specifically said "...once in a while..." when mentioning Scobey. I was last there in 2007 if memory serves me correctly...I don't mind Fort Peck (too much) but can't wait to get out of Glasgow, or Nashua, or Wolfy Point, or Poplar...lol...and in twenty years you'll go back "home" and wonder why the hell you went back there...

BobcatOninetails
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by BobcatOninetails » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:48 pm

Cat Grad wrote:
nevadacat wrote:
utucats wrote:

Malta is the capitol of the Hi Line. Now and always.

"Success is simple. Do what's right, the right way, at the right time." - Arnold H. Glasgow

onceacat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by onceacat » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:55 pm

Domako wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:12 am
Pro sports have mechanisms to ensure parity-salary caps in football or basketball, or the free market in baseball, so dynasties are much tougher to build than in college.

In college, success begets more success...recruits can't get paid, so the next best option is going to a team that's going to play for an NC. Plus, here's a tidbit to consider: The seniors on the Bison have played a full two seasons more of football than the seniors on the Bobcats. (i.e. almost two full months, or 4 extra games every season). Its hard to overcome that.

All that said, this is the first time I've thought the Cats have a legit chance to beat NDSU...Id put it somewhere between 20-30%, but that's not crazy bad. All that said, I don't think that NDSU is somehow going to get caught napping on this one.
Actually, they do pay their players so they do have an advantage.

https://blogs.mprnews.org/newscut/2015/ ... -athletes/
$3500. It’s nice, but not a game changer. Would an extra $3500 help New Mexico State or UNC? Of course not.

Catsrgrood
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catsrgrood » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:01 pm

Cat Grad wrote:
nevadacat wrote:
utucats wrote:

Scobey? Don’t hear that one all that often. I grew up visiting Scobey a couple times a year to see family. Very different than anything in the west side of the state obviously, but I always liked visiting.

coochorama42
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by coochorama42 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:38 pm

In baseball, prospect fatigue is a thing. It's when people start finding perceived flaws in players because they've been so highly touted for so long. Those flaws don't exist more than they ever did, really. It's just that over time, people get tired of hearing about the player that they start to believe they are not as good as they really are.

When I saw Bison fatigue, this is what I expected would be discussed. NDSU is just as good as always; people just have a hard time believing it because it has been true for so long. Again, I see no cracks in NDSU, but believe MSU has a real chance of winning because I feel they are really that good. We will see on Saturday!

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:57 pm

BobcatOninetails wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:48 pm
Cat Grad wrote:
nevadacat wrote:
utucats wrote:

Malta is just a suburb of Dodson. Dornblaser coached there before he went onto bigger things I believe.

60's Cat

Post by 60's Cat » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:46 am

👍

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by WalkOn79 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:57 am

BobcatOninetails wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
nevadacat wrote:
utucats wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

BobcatOninetails
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by BobcatOninetails » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:34 am

Cat Grad wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:57 pm
BobcatOninetails wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
nevadacat wrote:
utucats wrote:

Malta is just a suburb of Dodson. Dornblaser coached there before he went onto bigger things I believe.
I share my season tickets with an old coyote. Ask your Opheim buddies about the skunk on the basketball bus. Good times.

"Success is simple. Do what's right, the right way, at the right time." - Arnold H. Glasgow

JDoub
Member # Retired

Post by JDoub » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:40 am

coochorama42 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:38 pm
In baseball, prospect fatigue is a thing. It's when people start finding perceived flaws in players because they've been so highly touted for so long. Those flaws don't exist more than they ever did, really. It's just that over time, people get tired of hearing about the player that they start to believe they are not as good as they really are.

When I saw Bison fatigue, this is what I expected would be discussed. NDSU is just as good as always; people just have a hard time believing it because it has been true for so long. Again, I see no cracks in NDSU, but believe MSU has a real chance of winning because I feel they are really that good. We will see on Saturday!
one hundred percent

RockyBearCat

Post by RockyBearCat » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:47 am

Catsrgrood wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:01 pm
Scobey? Don’t hear that one all that often. I grew up visiting Scobey a couple times a year to see family. Very different than anything in the west side of the state obviously, but I always liked visiting.
Scobey was my hometown. Grew up and played for the Spartans before playing at Rocky. If you make it back to Scobey, you can stop in and see my parents on A St. Mom will want to feed you! haha

WolfPtCat

Post by WolfPtCat » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:53 am

Cat Grad wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:12 pm
CPrice91 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:52 pm
Cat Grad wrote:
nevadacat wrote:
utucats wrote:

Come on man, give me a break. I specifically said "...once in a while..." when mentioning Scobey. I was last there in 2007 if memory serves me correctly...I don't mind Fort Peck (too much) but can't wait to get out of Glasgow, or Nashua, or Wolfy Point, or Poplar...lol...and in twenty years you'll go back "home" and wonder why the hell you went back there...
Hey, Man! I resemble that remark.....

Bison15XNatChamps
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Bison15XNatChamps » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:26 am

utucats wrote:
nevadacat wrote:
utucats wrote:

No one would want to live there doesn’t mean there aren’t worse places. Point is Montana is simply better.
“No matter what happens on Saturday, Monatana will continue to be far superior in nearly every way.” Except in football dumba$$!

I can’t believe the admins don’t block you. Your presence here lowers the IQ of all your fans by half. I’m sorry you couldn’t make it out here or they wouldn’t hire you on the rigs. Run down to the food bank and get your weekly allotment and try to relax and enjoy the game this weekend Sally!

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:30 am

Bison15XNatChamps wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:26 am
utucats wrote:
nevadacat wrote:
utucats wrote:

“No matter what happens on Saturday, Monatana will continue to be far superior in nearly every way.” Except in football dumba$$!

I can’t believe the admins don’t block you. Your presence here lowers the IQ of all your fans by half. I’m sorry you couldn’t make it out here or they wouldn’t hire you on the rigs. Run down to the food bank and get your weekly allotment and try to relax and enjoy the game this weekend Sally!
Really, you of all people you are calling out another poster? You have done nothing but talk sh*t and put 20 stupid emojis is nearly every post. Nothing you have posted has been about football, and this is the football forum in case you missed it. At least the Griz trolls that come on post about football now and again, even if it is stupid.

The Big Meowski

Post by The Big Meowski » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:34 am

Bison15XNatChamps wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:26 am
utucats wrote:
nevadacat wrote:
utucats wrote:

Dang man, this must be your two weeks on! No roll on the floor laughing emojis or nothin’!

Brian Demarais
Sec. 105
Row 2
Seat 1