Choate Rumour

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

PHAT CAT
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Choate Rumour

Post by PHAT CAT » Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:51 pm

Lol..... Jeffery isn't taking a job in the WAC. I'm not sure about Mountain West? If it's Boise State, yep. The rest? Nope.

Bocephus
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Bocephus » Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:55 pm

PHAT CAT wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:51 pm
Lol..... Jeffery isn't taking a job in the WAC. I'm not sure about Mountain West? If it's Boise State, yep. The rest? Nope.
Now that you mention it, he would be perfect for Boise St. If that job ever comes open, I bet he gets it. I see him wanting to be a PAC12 guy too. The path to those seems through a coordinator now. Would he take a D coordinator job in the PAC12 to get there, probably not. I think he likes being the boss

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:59 pm

GoCats18 wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:50 pm
Here is the thing, I totally get it. Most anyone would take the higher pay. This is the crappy part about getting good. You get good, people leave. This is Montana State though and what I see happening is Choate builds this thing up, he leaves, we hire someone that isn’t as good and within a year or two we are back to 4 win seasons. I know this is worst case, but it’s just how things roll at MSU. Sorry that I would love to see Choate here until the streak against UM is 17. Then we could say that ours was one more then theirs!!!
I get what your saying, probably any long time Cat fan does. But I think MSU as a whole is positioned so much differently now. Strong leadership, a thriving campus, great facilities, and a booming community. I just don’t see going that far backwards again. There is too much support now.

GoldstoneCat

Post by GoldstoneCat » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:00 pm

PHAT CAT wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:51 pm
Utah state would be another MWC to watch if it comes open again. He's been there, good support for athletics there, keeps him in western recruiting base.

seataccat

Post by seataccat » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:07 pm

Helcat72 wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:35 pm
seataccat wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:52 pm
GoCats18 wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:23 pm
I get the money factor, but how many Big Sky coaches have left only to come back? One to my knowledge...Hauck How many have gone on to historic success in the FBS? Lubick/Sweeney/Mike Price maybe the closest. Glenn did OK at WY. I don’t see the point in leaving. Just win the NC year after year and your salary will go up. Yes, maybe, but more likely like NDSU's last two you leave for an FBS team and get paid more than double what any FCS team will ever pay its head coach
Dennis Erickson did pretty well after leaving the BSC.
Yes, but he went to WSU, then to Miami not NMSU or UNM. What power 5 school hires a coach from New Mexico? I think Choate has his sights set on the PAC 12 eventually or maybe the WAC or MWAC. I think this will only happen if he shows he can build and sustain a winner. He's not a quick fix coach like I'm sure NM is looking for.
From the BSC he went to Wyoming, like UNM they were WAC, not sure if that is really a whole lot different than going to UNM.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire