MSU vs NDSU predictions

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

KittieKop
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: MSU vs NDSU predictions

Post by KittieKop » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:22 pm

I'm thinking this week plays out like last week. MSU in control, but never really seems that way. 1 score game at the end, 17-10 MSU.

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

LIBBYCAT
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by LIBBYCAT » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:31 pm

lakesbison wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:17 pm
51-10 NDSU but HEY! you'll hold us to 1 less point than last time.. LOL :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
=; everybody is allowed to dream but someone is going to wake up to a nightmare! [-o< God I hope it’s not me lol!

GoCats18

Post by GoCats18 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:30 pm

Okay, here it goes again. If everyone shows up and I mean everyone shows up, we are a top 2 team. Now is the time!!!

MSU—24
NDSU-16

Punters are people too!!

DMMDCats
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DMMDCats » Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:30 pm

MSU - 31
NDSU - 18

Bobcatsinmso
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Bobcatsinmso » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:54 am

Montana State Fighting Bobcats 23

Dorth Nakota range cows 17

The State of Montana is Bobcat country.
missoula....still just 20 miles from Montana.
FTG

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:46 pm

Definitely think this will be a close game, but I also think we can win. NDSU seems a little more susceptible to the run this year, and we can actually pass this year, so the balance will help us offensively compared to last year. We scored 10 last year, and this offense is at least twice as good as last year's offense. We have what has become one of the best defenses in the country, and at this point nobody can argue that. I still don't see our D giving up more than 20 this weekend.

Cats - 28
NDSU - 20

84CatGrad

Post by 84CatGrad » Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:30 pm

NDSU 21, MSU 10. Boy I hope I'm wrong. I often am. Go 'Cats.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:34 am

MSU can’t play like it did vs Austin Peay or it’ll lose 52-10 again.

I think both teams will play well.

NDSU 27
MSU 20

Catsrgrood

Post by Catsrgrood » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:44 am

iaafan wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:34 am
I’m assuming you’re referring to the penalties and a few of the missed opportunities on offense?

Because I would take the way our defense played every single time. There is no way any team scores 52 pts on the defense that we had show up last week.

The Big Meowski

Post by The Big Meowski » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:14 am

Catsrgrood wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:44 am
iaafan wrote:
I’m assuming you’re referring to the penalties and a few of the missed opportunities on offense?

Because I would take the way our defense played every single time. There is no way any team scores 52 pts on the defense that we had show up last week.
I don’t mean to pile on, but a team isn’t gonna lose too many games when the defense holds the opponent to ZERO yards rushing and sacks and pressures the qb like they did. I completely understand what iaa meant but this is the game we all talked about earlier in the year. Super strong defense, check. Rush the ball effectively, check. Be ok in the passing game, check with a bunch of extra credit. I know it was no where near perfect, and they will work hard to clean a bunch of stuff up.

Brian Demarais
Sec. 105
Row 2
Seat 1

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:50 am

The Big Meowski wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:14 am
Catsrgrood wrote:
iaafan wrote:

I don’t mean to pile on, but a team isn’t gonna lose too many games when the defense holds the opponent to ZERO yards rushing and sacks and pressures the qb like they did. I completely understand what iaa meant but this is the game we all talked about earlier in the year. Super strong defense, check. Rush the ball effectively, check. Be ok in the passing game, check with a bunch of extra credit. I know it was no where near perfect, and they will work hard to clean a bunch of stuff up.
The defense can’t beat NDSU by itself. Konkol dropped a sure interception, jojo had a PF, got burned for a long TD.

Missed 3 FGs, fumble, left a good 100 yards passing on the field due to drops, penalties, and stumbles.

MSU was close to having a good game. Like a 45-3 win. The fact it was 24-10 shows you just how detrimental these mistakes can be. That’s a 28 point swing. That can’t happen vs NDSU or it’ll turn them into a runaway freight train.

rivercat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by rivercat » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:55 am

iaafan wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:50 am
The Big Meowski wrote:
Catsrgrood wrote:
iaafan wrote:

The defense can’t beat NDSU by itself. Konkol dropped a sure interception, jojo had a PF, got burned for a long TD.

Missed 3 FGs, fumble, left a good 100 yards passing on the field due to drops, penalties, and stumbles.

MSU was close to having a good game. Like a 45-3 win. The fact it was 24-10 shows you just how detrimental these mistakes can be. That’s a 28 point swing. That can’t happen vs NDSU or it’ll turn them into a runaway freight train.
Last week was finals for MSU. I expected some miscues against AP. This week is total football with no distractions.

NDSU has finals this week. I like our chances.

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

The Big Meowski

Post by The Big Meowski » Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:13 pm

iaafan wrote:
The Big Meowski wrote:
Catsrgrood wrote:
iaafan wrote:

I love defense. I’ve watched this years Cat Griz 3 times. I’ve watched the AP game 5 or 6 times. Far from a perfect and mistake free game, I know but the only mistake was the 76 yard TD. Cats were up 24-3 at the time, Craig got pressured, was flushed out of the pocket and made a great throw. What can you do? The rest of the errors were neutralized by the defense playing lights out. After Konkol dropped the INT, Sterk batted a pass down on 3rd and 23. After the fumble, they didn’t gain an inch. It’s flawed logic to assume that anyone will freight train a team when the defense plays that well. That said I don’t 100% disagree with you. I wish you would have just said, if our D plays like that next week and shores up a few mistakes the Cats can win”. I just don’t think you tell the team that they have to play better. I say fine tune it a bit!

Brian Demarais
Sec. 105
Row 2
Seat 1

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:44 pm

The Montana State University Bobcats. 19
Green Machine. 17

2024 Resume dominance

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:35 pm

rivercat wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:55 am
iaafan wrote:
The Big Meowski wrote:
Catsrgrood wrote:
iaafan wrote:

Last week was finals for MSU. I expected some miscues against AP. This week is total football with no distractions.

NDSU has finals this week. I like our chances.
True, and I bet if this game was on a neutral field, we win. However, since the game is in Fargo that is a HUGE advantage for NDSU, huge. Cats really need to bring their own energy and perform much better than they've performed on the road all year to pull of this massive upset. I think it's possible, we'll see.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

msuhunter
Member # Retired

Post by msuhunter » Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:53 pm

Not sure why everyone here isn't more confident about the Cats. Take away the past from NDSU, and watch the team that played the last two weeks, and you'll see the Cats will have every opportunity to win this game. NDSU ain't what it used to be. Should be fun watching on Saturday at the Fargo Quonset hut.

MSU Toddler
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by MSU Toddler » Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:17 pm

The countdown is on and headed out to Fargo in the morning. I'm hoping the theme of this trip to Fargo was coined by Konkol a couple weeks back - SOUL TAKING! Go Cats Go!

Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

BozoneCat

Post by BozoneCat » Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:53 pm

MSU Toddler wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:17 pm
The countdown is on and headed out to Fargo in the morning. I'm hoping the theme of this trip to Fargo was coined by Konkol a couple weeks back - SOUL TAKING! Go Cats Go!
That may be difficult, as we all know that North Dakotans don't have souls. But we'll take the black space where their souls are supposed to be!

GO CATS GO!!!

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:08 pm

For @The Big Meowski

The Big Meowski

Post by The Big Meowski » Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:12 pm

GoCats18 wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:30 pm
Okay, here it goes again. If everyone shows up and I mean everyone shows up, we are a top 2 team. Now is the time!!!

MSU—24
NDSU-16
My reply was made available above by BleedingBlue because I’m a moron!
Last edited by The Big Meowski on Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brian Demarais
Sec. 105
Row 2
Seat 1