Proud of the house we built video! So cool!!

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Re: Proud of the house we built video! So cool!!

Post by MSU01 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:29 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:03 pm
I love when this is played before the games.

Agree, this gives me goosebumps every time I see it. So many great memories.

My favorite part is the shot of Denarius running out in front of the rickety old end zone bleachers during the lyric "We've come such a long, long way".

kcatz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by kcatz » Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:23 am

BethanyCordell wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:36 pm
This is my favorite video we play and I'll fight anyone who doesn't like it.

:)

Bethany Cordell
Bobcat Athletics
I got your back!!

Those who dont get this werent here. This song plays with the video and I get chills.

I know the song but with the video and the meaning behind it changes it all.

vike_king
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by vike_king » Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:10 am

Bsmithmsu wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:24 pm
Cool video and great to see but not really a crowd pumper before the team runs out. I feel like something more up beat and younger needs to be played before the team entrance to get the blood flowing.
It gets me pumped in an emotional manner, am ready to GO.

Plus, they don't play it as a run out video anymore. Usually 10 to 20 minutes before game time.

Chester, MT/ Helena, MT

Norsky19
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Norsky19 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:55 am

BethanyCordell wrote:

Bethany Cordell
Bobcat Athletics
Bobcat's secret weapon....

CPrice91
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by CPrice91 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:35 am

Catsrgrood wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:12 pm
Apparently I’m in the minority here.
I love the idea of the video and the footage, etc. I just hate that song, but I also am not a country music fan.

I know it’s not the run out song, but it’s always played right before that. Ive thought all year that it’s just too slow and sappy of a song to play right before the game starts, doesn’t really feel like the crowd is feeling it.

But this thread so far has shown that I apparently don’t know what the hell Im talking about.
This. Absolutely love the video. Hate the song. lol

But, fire up video for maybe half the people in the stadium.

Like someone else mentioned I especially love seeing McGhee earlier as a player and then again later as a coach. And Choate giving some Cat Griz as$ whoopings.

84CatGrad

Post by 84CatGrad » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:01 am

Love it. But do wish they had Joey Robert's pick six in it.

Buckaroo Bonzi
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Buckaroo Bonzi » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:08 am

Catsrgrood wrote:
I love the idea of the video and the footage, etc. I just hate that song, but I also am not a country music fan.

I know it’s not the run out song, but it’s always played right before that. Ive thought all year that it’s just too slow and sappy of a song to play right before the game starts, doesn’t really feel like the crowd is feeling it.

But this thread so far has shown that I apparently don’t know what the hell Im talking about.
No worries ~ The last three games , The Crowd has grabbed a Gear or two , Full Throat ~ Full Game !
At the right times ! Good on Bethany and Good on Cat Fans 👍😸
Like to have a dollor for everyone’s voice that is gone or sounds different this morning 😜

Where ever you go , There you are .... Protect the Rock ~ Create TurnOvers ~ Execute on every Play

Buckaroo Bonzi
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Buckaroo Bonzi » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:45 am

Buckaroo Bonzi wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:08 am
Catsrgrood wrote:

No worries ~ The last three games , The Crowd has grabbed a Gear or two , Full Throat ~ Full Game !
Like to have a dollor for everyone’s voice that is gone or sounds different this morning 😜
PS Best Crowd Noise I’ve heard since 1974 so that Video has a lot of History and emotion for me 👍😸
Leading cause of Injury to Old Men , is Acting like they are Young Men ~ Have to be careful 😜

Where ever you go , There you are .... Protect the Rock ~ Create TurnOvers ~ Execute on every Play

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:34 pm

Buckaroo Bonzi wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:45 am
Buckaroo Bonzi wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:08 am
Catsrgrood wrote:

PS Best Crowd Noise I’ve heard since 1974 so that Video has a lot of History and emotion for me 👍😸
Leading cause of Injury to Old Men , is Acting like they are Young Men ~ Have to be careful 😜
Don't look now, but I'm pretty sure that's the leading cause of injury in young men, too!

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by WalkOn79 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:20 pm

BethanyCordell wrote:

Bethany Cordell
Bobcat Athletics
You go Bethany!!!

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:37 pm

BethanyCordell wrote:

Bethany Cordell
Bobcat Athletics
It's a good video, and you shouldn't have to fight anyone over it.

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:54 pm

BethanyCordell wrote:

Bethany Cordell
Bobcat Athletics
I absolutely love that video! I was there in 1984 sitting in the top of section 110 drinking peach schnapps mixed with Everclear and 7-Up that me in three girls snuck in. Made out almost the whole last quarter with a cute girl from the Highline. Was an awesome time.
Security felt the bottles on me that day and just smiled and said have a good time son!
I was there when Corey Smith ran it back for the touchdown. What I like about those highlights is how few people have Montana State gear on. We were all poor and broke and had on work coveralls and had ****** on our shoes.
Those of us that can afford tickets bought them. And then snuck them back to get our buddies in.
One of my good friends that played defensive end and Missoula came with us and we had a great time .
It’s amazing how simple things such as football can put hope in a person‘s heart. What a great time! What a great video!
Merry Christmas everybody! (Not happy holidays) now let’s go beat North Dakota State.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:39 pm

kwcat wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:54 pm
BethanyCordell wrote:

Bethany Cordell
Bobcat Athletics
I absolutely love that video! I was there in 1984 sitting in the top of section 110 drinking peach schnapps mixed with Everclear and 7-Up that me in three girls snuck in. Made out almost the whole last quarter with a cute girl from the Highline. Was an awesome time.
Security felt the bottles on me that day and just smiled and said have a good time son!
I was there when Corey Smith ran it back for the touchdown. What I like about those highlights is how few people have Montana State gear on. We were all poor and broke and had on work coveralls and had ****** on our shoes.
Those of us that can afford tickets bought them. And then snuck them back to get our buddies in.
One of my good friends that played defensive end and Missoula came with us and we had a great time .
It’s amazing how simple things such as football can put hope in a person‘s heart. What a great time! What a great video!
Merry Christmas everybody! (Not happy holidays) now let’s go beat North Dakota State.
I was there for the Corey Smith TD (and running on to the field after the game!) too. I still remember how cold it was that day. We all wore our ski clothes. I watch the YouTube video of the KO return every year on Cat-griz morning. Brings to a big smile to my face every time.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:52 am

coloradocat wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:39 pm
kwcat wrote:
BethanyCordell wrote:

Bethany Cordell
Bobcat Athletics
I was there for the Corey Smith TD (and running on to the field after the game!) too. I still remember how cold it was that day. We all wore our ski clothes. I watch the YouTube video of the KO return every year on Cat-griz morning. Brings to a big smile to my face every time.
We grilled venison steaks at our broke college student tailgate spot in 2003, snuck them in at halftime in Ziploc bags. Sure were tasty with a bit of Montana's own Alpine Touch... My buddy was pretty tuned up before the game (Icehouse, IIRC), just kept yelling "I can't believe we ran the opening kickoff back for a TD!". That 2003 season was crazy fun...

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:08 am

grizzh8r wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:52 am
coloradocat wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:39 pm
kwcat wrote:
BethanyCordell wrote:

Bethany Cordell
Bobcat Athletics
We grilled venison steaks at our broke college student tailgate spot in 2003, snuck them in at halftime in Ziploc bags. Sure were tasty with a bit of Montana's own Alpine Touch... My buddy was pretty tuned up before the game (Icehouse, IIRC), just kept yelling "I can't believe we ran the opening kickoff back for a TD!". That 2003 season was crazy fun...
That might be the most Montana football story I've ever heard. Sneaking grilled venison into a football game. :lol:

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

aucat

Post by aucat » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:36 am

Yeah, we need to make a "Tailgating Highlights" video!

Love it. Bobcat Fever! Catch it baby!

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:17 am

AFCAT wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:03 pm
I love when this is played before the games.

Bump.