Game Day Music- Bobcat Stadium

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

codecat
Member # Retired

Re: Game Day Music- Bobcat Stadium

Post by codecat » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:04 am

KittieKop wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:51 am
Hawks86 wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:44 am
I think it's time to end the stripe the stadium promotion.
I think it's a cool idea, but maybe do it the way MSU did the Cat card stunt a number of years back: colored cards and take a photo. The clothing is so difficult in the fall. I sit in 113, a gold section. Have lots of gold tshirts, dont own a gold/yellow sweatshirt or jacket. The stripe the stadium stunt really depends on weather each year, and yesterday didnt cooperate.
Totally understand...I broke down and bought a gold sweatshirt because of gold-rush and the stripe event, but can't bring myself to by a yellow/gold jacket.

London Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down, London Bridge is falling down, Bye-Bye Fauci!

Darth Yoda
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Darth Yoda » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:59 pm

codecat wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:04 am
KittieKop wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:51 am
Hawks86 wrote:
I think it's a cool idea, but maybe do it the way MSU did the Cat card stunt a number of years back: colored cards and take a photo. The clothing is so difficult in the fall. I sit in 113, a gold section. Have lots of gold tshirts, dont own a gold/yellow sweatshirt or jacket. The stripe the stadium stunt really depends on weather each year, and yesterday didnt cooperate.
Totally understand...I broke down and bought a gold sweatshirt because of gold-rush and the stripe event, but can't bring myself to by a yellow/gold jacket.
Works much better in warm weather. The last few years have been cooler, and once the jackets come out, all bets are off.

Camo_Cat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Camo_Cat » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:43 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
I gotta agree with this one. Two things I have always had a problem with for Stripe the Stadium: 1) We usually have crappy weather for this promotion. Most people are gonna wear a coat to stay warm and let's face it - people just aren't gonna buy bright yellow coats and jackets. Especially when they are only gonna wear them once or twice a season. 2) Why stripe the stadium with yellow, and then our football team wears it's traditional gold? Makes no sense to me.

My thought is that we should do a Blue-out!! We focus too much on the yellow. Most people have a blue shirt, jacket, coat. Way easier to get everyone to wear blue.

"I love Bozeman. I love these people. I love the Cats. I even love this weather. You think I'm gonna pick Missoula? You're crazy - gimme the Cat head!!" -- Lee Corso, ESPN GameDay

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:41 pm

Camo_Cat wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:43 pm
Hawks86 wrote:
I gotta agree with this one. Two things I have always had a problem with for Stripe the Stadium: 1) We usually have crappy weather for this promotion. Most people are gonna wear a coat to stay warm and let's face it - people just aren't gonna buy bright yellow coats and jackets. Especially when they are only gonna wear them once or twice a season. 2) Why stripe the stadium with yellow, and then our football team wears it's traditional gold? Makes no sense to me.

My thought is that we should do a Blue-out!! We focus too much on the yellow. Most people have a blue shirt, jacket, coat. Way easier to get everyone to wear blue.
Yes, good idea. Gold Rush followed by Blue Wave!

BobcatNation Letterman

Post by 110010110 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:27 am

This is a long shot but I need to track down a song that gets played a lot during games. It was played between the third and fourth quarter during the last game and I think it's on kickoffs sometimes. I can't really Google it because the only lyrics I've ever picked up are just "3 2 1 go!" More of a rap song with a heavy base beat that gets people jumping. Any one have and idea what I'm talking about?

Long shot, I know.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:53 am

110010110 wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:27 am
This is a long shot but I need to track down a song that gets played a lot during games. It was played between the third and fourth quarter during the last game and I think it's on kickoffs sometimes. I can't really Google it because the only lyrics I've ever picked up are just "3 2 1 go!" More of a rap song with a heavy base beat that gets people jumping. Any one have and idea what I'm talking about?

Long shot, I know.
I just googled “3, 2, 1 Go! Song” And this was the first option. Haha.

codecat
Member # Retired

Post by codecat » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:00 am

catsrback76 wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:41 pm
Camo_Cat wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:

I think you guys are on to something that would work much better for everyone!

London Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down, London Bridge is falling down, Bye-Bye Fauci!

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:40 am

codecat wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:00 am
catsrback76 wrote:
Camo_Cat wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:

Not trying to kill an idea, but as I have mentioned before in a thread recently we tried this before we had the Gold Rush. I still have my "Paint it Blue at MSU" tshirt at home. It had 0 impact. It looked just like any other game. The blue is just too dark of a color, it doesn't have any impact for something like that.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:43 am

We could do "Winter Coat Weekend" in late September.
Guaranteed to be 70 degrees and sunny then. :-)

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:50 am

HelenaCat95 wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:43 am
We could do "Winter Coat Weekend" in late September.
Guaranteed to be 70 degrees and sunny then. :-)
Haha no kidding.

I'm a fan of the Stripe The Stadium idea, it just sucks the weather hasn't cooperated for any of the 2-3 years we've tried it.

BobcatNation Letterman

Post by 110010110 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:44 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:53 am
110010110 wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:27 am

Long shot, I know.
I just googled “3, 2, 1 Go! Song” And this was the first option. Haha.

Huh, well there it is. Nicely done

DriscollCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DriscollCat » Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:11 am

kmax wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:40 am
codecat wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:00 am
catsrback76 wrote:
Camo_Cat wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:

Not trying to kill an idea, but as I have mentioned before in a thread recently we tried this before we had the Gold Rush. I still have my "Paint it Blue at MSU" tshirt at home. It had 0 impact. It looked just like any other game. The blue is just too dark of a color, it doesn't have any impact for something like that.
Yes!

As I was cutting together highlights from this week’s game, I noticed that the yellow stripes were basically obvious despite the relative rarity of yellow outerwear, and the blue stripes looked like a random assortment of people. Maybe this is because of the predominance of blue jeans in any crowd, or Kmax’s thought that it’s because it’s a dark color, but it did not look like it had been coordinated.

coochorama42
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by coochorama42 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:01 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:04 pm
Please no more Lizzo. You had about 1,000 students barely dancing and the rest of the crowd looking at each other saying “what the hell is this”. This was a great example of how a song should to appeal to all ages, or at least a majority of the fans.
I cannot disagree any more. Lizzo is a cultural phenomenon.

I like the radio edit of Ante Up by M.O.P. or the Still D.R.E. instrumental...

ECat79
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by ECat79 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:23 pm

Who allowed Culture Club to be played in our stadium? Good gawd.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:27 pm

At a game today I heard "God's Country" by Blake Shelton played several times. Sounded really good and nice to hear new music.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:53 pm

ECat79 wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:23 pm
Ya, I too could've done without hearing Karma Chameleon...

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:09 pm

#-o #-o #-o
ECat79 wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:23 pm
My thoughts exactly!

Good job on playing motley Crue the last two games. But why do we interrupt it with announcements and drown it out?

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:25 pm

Bethany,

Please ask the defense if they would be okay switching to Hells Bells on 3rd down for the second half of the Cat/griz game. I have a feeling the crowd would go crazy if that song came on. I'm okay with not using the for rest of the season if we can use it for that game.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

coochorama42
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by coochorama42 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:58 pm

Bethany - I love the addition of Lizzo. People were singing along in my section. You asked for other ideas. What about some old school hip hop. There is pretty decent clean (edited) version of M.O.P.'s Ante Up. Any music that encourages people to Jump Around would be ideal from that era - an edited version of Hip Hop Hooray by Naughty by Nature or Jump Around by House of Pain would be good. Jump by Kris Kross is already clean...

Also, the instrumental version of Still D.R.E. by Dr. D.R.E. is pretty iconic in short bursts.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:26 pm

coochorama42 wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:58 pm
Bethany - I love the addition of Lizzo. People were singing along in my section. You asked for other ideas. What about some old school hip hop. There is pretty decent clean (edited) version of M.O.P.'s Ante Up. Any music that encourages people to Jump Around would be ideal from that era - an edited version of Hip Hop Hooray by Naughty by Nature or Jump Around by House of Pain would be good. Jump by Kris Kross is already clean...

Also, the instrumental version of Still D.R.E. by Dr. D.R.E. is pretty iconic in short bursts.
This is an honest question and not intended to be an insult. Just curious how old you are? I sit in an area of older boosters and the Lizzo song sends some people into seizures. I am truly interested because it intrigues me how hard it is to find a song that appeals to everyone.