Game Day Music- Bobcat Stadium

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BuckFutter
BobcatNation Redshirt

Re: Game Day Music- Bobcat Stadium

Post by BuckFutter » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:21 pm

Bethany,

please review this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=38499

Put Hells Bells back on third down

BethanyCordell
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by BethanyCordell » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:42 pm

BuckFutter wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:21 pm
Bethany,

I appreciate the feedback, but at this time we are not changing our third down song. I've addressed this in a couple of different threads, but the third down song is chosen by our defense- specifically the line- and we've made that decision in order to get them as 'juiced' as possible to get those crucial stops. Please continue to ring those cowbells and get so loud that we can't even hear the song!

Bethany Cordell
Bobcat Athletics

thefrank1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by thefrank1 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:48 pm

As it should be. Thanks Bethany.

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:01 pm

BethanyCordell wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:42 pm
BuckFutter wrote:
Bethany,

I appreciate the feedback, but at this time we are not changing our third down song. I've addressed this in a couple of different threads, but the third down song is chosen by our defense- specifically the line- and we've made that decision in order to get them as 'juiced' as possible to get those crucial stops. Please continue to ring those cowbells and get so loud that we can't even hear the song!

Bethany Cordell
Bobcat Athletics
So I love Hells Bells and have missed it since it went away but I’m very happy to read that the d line made the choice. Sounds like you’ve pointed that out before but I must’ve missed it.

seataccat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by seataccat » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:36 pm

When the captains walk to the coin flip you need to play Kashmir by led zeppelin.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:38 pm

BethanyCordell wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:42 pm
BuckFutter wrote:
Bethany,

Bethany Cordell
Bobcat Athletics
Excellent 👍

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:42 pm

While we're on the topic of music. Bethany's quite a good sport ;)

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

Blixtonz
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Blixtonz » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:51 pm

Can we include any reference to the deer hunter on 2nd down? I would include "cotton eyed Joe" or "man of constant sorrow" in that.

It seems like 2nd down might be the right time to go "twin peaks" on a visiting team.

SACCAT
Member # Retired

Post by SACCAT » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:32 am

Blixtonz wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:51 pm
Can we include any reference to the deer hunter on 2nd down? I would include "cotton eyed Joe" or "man of constant sorrow" in that.

It seems like 2nd down might be the right time to go "twin peaks" on a visiting team.
Never Cotton Eyed Joe.... Any true Bobcat fan would know that.

Blixtonz
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Blixtonz » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:23 pm

SACCAT wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:32 am
Blixtonz wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:51 pm

Never Cotton Eyed Joe.... Any true Bobcat fan would know that.
Any true Bobcat fan would understand how wrong that song has been for 15 years, but its disruptive...

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:22 pm

I was hoping to hear the Lu-lay song today for the coin flip.

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:29 pm

Rich K wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:42 pm
While we're on the topic of music. Bethany's quite a good sport ;)

Well I guess you will be advertising for a new intern.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:04 pm

Please no more Lizzo. You had about 1,000 students barely dancing and the rest of the crowd looking at each other saying “what the hell is this”. This was a great example of how a song should to appeal to all ages, or at least a majority of the fans.

LIBBYCAT
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by LIBBYCAT » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:06 pm

How about lyrics on the scoreboard? Some of the songs played are definitely generational. I can appreciate most music but a combination of age, crappy sound in our seats keeps me from hearing the songs and understanding the lyrics. We can’t seem to use the replay board for its intended purpose so how about using it to enhance the musical portion of the show?

BethanyCordell
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by BethanyCordell » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:42 pm

LIBBYCAT wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:06 pm
How about lyrics on the scoreboard? Some of the songs played are definitely generational. I can appreciate most music but a combination of age, crappy sound in our seats keeps me from hearing the songs and understanding the lyrics. We can’t seem to use the replay board for its intended purpose so how about using it to enhance the musical portion of the show?
It's not a 'replay board.' It's a videoboard with a whole heck of a lot of purposes, one of which is replays. Feel free to watch the video Leon and I released earlier this week where we discuss the Big Sky Conference's rules on replays. We replay almost every single play, and we're only allowed to do so once per play and at full speed.

Bethany Cordell
Bobcat Athletics

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:19 pm

BethanyCordell wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:42 pm
LIBBYCAT wrote:
It's not a 'replay board.' It's a videoboard with a whole heck of a lot of purposes, one of which is replays. Feel free to watch the video Leon and I released earlier this week where we discuss the Big Sky Conference's rules on replays. We replay almost every single play, and we're only allowed to do so once per play and at full speed.

Bethany Cordell
Bobcat Athletics
Bethany, I was on the msubobcat.com video stream once the game started, and we had zero commentary or sound per se, except a dim open mic. Thankfully someone tuned in and discovered that and turned up enough volume so that those of us on the stream could hear the field announcer and the music.

I want to say that I thought you guys did a great job with the music, even when you played Sweet Caroline, I got the fan involvement from it. Not sure if you're the person to address the fact that there was no announcer audio on the video stream, but I loved the chance to listen to the stadium production for once! Good job!

BethanyCordell
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by BethanyCordell » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:15 am

catsrback76 wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:19 pm
BethanyCordell wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:42 pm
LIBBYCAT wrote:

Bethany Cordell
Bobcat Athletics
Bethany, I was on the msubobcat.com video stream once the game started, and we had zero commentary or sound per se, except a dim open mic. Thankfully someone tuned in and discovered that and turned up enough volume so that those of us on the stream could hear the field announcer and the music.

I want to say that I thought you guys did a great job with the music, even when you played Sweet Caroline, I got the fan involvement from it. Not sure if you're the person to address the fact that there was no announcer audio on the video stream, but I loved the chance to listen to the stadium production for once! Good job!
Thanks for the feedback! I heard from a couple of people about the stream, so we're looking into it. Lots of players involved in producing the stream for this game... SWX gives us their feed, which we 'pipe' to Sidearm to allow them to stream on msubobcats.com, so there are a couple different places in that process things could go wrong. Thanks again!

Bethany Cordell
Bobcat Athletics

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:44 am

I think it's time to end the stripe the stadium promotion.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

KittieKop
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by KittieKop » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:51 am

Hawks86 wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:44 am
I think it's a cool idea, but maybe do it the way MSU did the Cat card stunt a number of years back: colored cards and take a photo. The clothing is so difficult in the fall. I sit in 113, a gold section. Have lots of gold tshirts, dont own a gold/yellow sweatshirt or jacket. The stripe the stadium stunt really depends on weather each year, and yesterday didnt cooperate.

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:02 am

KittieKop wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:51 am
Hawks86 wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:44 am
I think it's a cool idea, but maybe do it the way MSU did the Cat card stunt a number of years back: colored cards and take a photo. The clothing is so difficult in the fall. I sit in 113, a gold section. Have lots of gold tshirts, dont own a gold/yellow sweatshirt or jacket. The stripe the stadium stunt really depends on weather each year, and yesterday didnt cooperate.
There's the new game promotion. Instead of stripe the stadium do a card stunt one game a year.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."