The Montana Football Hour 2019

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Re: The Montana Football Hour 2019

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:02 pm

spring creek cat wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:23 pm
luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:58 pm
catatac wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:12 pm
Link not working.
Not super interesting anyway, it's mostly Colter whining about how the Griz should always dominate and coming up with excuses why they don't. Literally zero Cat content other than saying the griz have a better shot than we do against NDSU, even though the griz D sucks balls and we own them.

Not sure how you call it Montana football hour and not talk about the team still playing. You forget who pays your bills, you should talk about the most popular/best team in Montana, not the one that's a dumpster fire after a winning season. Entitled, spoiled fans... its really a bad look for you guys. Buck up, and look forward to next year like we did for YEARS.
Wow, kinda harsh! I haven’t listened yet either, I always listen to the podcast the next day. I actually love the show, I haven’t missed an episode in over a month! I think the guys do an awesome job covering both teams! Yes, at times you can pick up on a little bit of grizz bias. Yes, colter does have significant ties to Hauck and the grizz, but does an awesome job of keeping the coverage even and fair! ( I do hate all the Hauck praise they put out, but I am also a cat fan!)The show is based in Missoula, so I figure that there will be some hometown flavor at times. I love the coverage they give all Montana football fans from the high school ranks to the cats and grizz! Keep up the great work guys!
Listen for yourself, but you know it's bad when Tootell calls Colter out... just saying.

spring creek cat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by spring creek cat » Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:05 pm

luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:02 pm
spring creek cat wrote:
luckyirishguy25 wrote:
catatac wrote:
Link not working.
Not super interesting anyway, it's mostly Colter whining about how the Griz should always dominate and coming up with excuses why they don't. Literally zero Cat content other than saying the griz have a better shot than we do against NDSU, even though the griz D sucks balls and we own them.

Not sure how you call it Montana football hour and not talk about the team still playing. You forget who pays your bills, you should talk about the most popular/best team in Montana, not the one that's a dumpster fire after a winning season. Entitled, spoiled fans... its really a bad look for you guys. Buck up, and look forward to next year like we did for YEARS.
Wow, kinda harsh! I haven’t listened yet either, I always listen to the podcast the next day. I actually love the show, I haven’t missed an episode in over a month! I think the guys do an awesome job covering both teams! Yes, at times you can pick up on a little bit of grizz bias. Yes, colter does have significant ties to Hauck and the grizz, but does an awesome job of keeping the coverage even and fair! ( I do hate all the Hauck praise they put out, but I am also a cat fan!)The show is based in Missoula, so I figure that there will be some hometown flavor at times. I love the coverage they give all Montana football fans from the high school ranks to the cats and grizz! Keep up the great work guys!
Listen for yourself, but you know it's bad when Tootell calls Colter out... just saying.
Now I am intrigued! Haha. To bad I have to wait until morning!

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:34 am

luckyirishguy25 wrote:
spring creek cat wrote:
luckyirishguy25 wrote:
catatac wrote:
Link not working.

Tootell called Colter out on Mondays Montana Football Hour?? When?

Hating the griz since 02.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:43 am

luckyirishguy25 wrote:
spring creek cat wrote:
luckyirishguy25 wrote:
catatac wrote:
Link not working.

You mean Monday's show? Most of the first half hour was all about the Cats and Ndsu, and I haven't finished it yet but there's also a Derek Marks interview.
Where does Gus call out Colter?

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:47 am

91catAlum wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:43 am
luckyirishguy25 wrote:
spring creek cat wrote:
luckyirishguy25 wrote:
catatac wrote:
Link not working.

You mean Monday's show? Most of the first half hour was all about the Cats and Ndsu, and I haven't finished it yet but there's also a Derek Marks interview.
Where does Gus call out Colter?
I must have missed the first hour, I was expecting hear about the NDSU matchup and it was nothing but how great the griz are, and they should still be playing, they're the only ones that have a shot at NDSU and the Cats are only still playing because they got favorable playoff matchups. Tootell was like dude, they beat the griz out of the building. Tootell said he thought it was pretty clear the Cats are a notch above the griz.

I like Colters stuff and like I said I must have missed the first hour, because what I was listening to was nothing about the Cats, and I was wondering why the entire show was dedicated to a team sitting at home.

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:34 am

?

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:50 am

kwcat wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:34 am
?
I actually agree with luckyirishguy25 on some of his thoughts. They did take an extensive look at the Griz (which I don't mind because it is the Montana Football Hour and I like hearing their thoughts). Colter did indeed say UM "at their best" would have a better chance of beating NDSU than the current MSU team facing the Bison on Saturday. I see where Colter is coming from as dual-threat QBs have given NDSU some fits over the years but I disagree with UM having a better matchup just because they have Sneed. UM's line play on both sides of the ball is not being good enough against anything NDSU would through at them. Sure...you could say UM's passing attack would have a better shot at coming back against NDSU if they built a lead but I think UM would struggle worse than MSU simply because the Griz can't pass block against good defensive fronts. Even if Sneed and Sammy Akem were fully healthy, MSU is the better TEAM thus having a better shot at taking down the Bison on Saturday. It doesn't have to be any more complicated than that.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:58 am

Gotcha, I haven't finished it yet like I said, but ya... the griz defense was exposed by MSU when we ran thru them for almost 400 yards rushing and put up 48 points in 50 minutes of football with our starters! If the Cats can do that, what would ndsu do to them??? my goodness... Perhaps the griz offense is a better matchup to beat ndsu but the griz defense certainly is not! They would get TRUCKED in Fargo.

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:17 am

Missoula‘s offense wouldn’t have a chance in heck. Snead would be rattled all day long just like he has been the last two years playing us. He would be rattled just like he was in Weber as well .

I must’ve skipped over where Colter was talking about Missoula. I tend to do that and her podcast with the fast forward option . I liked what I heard on the Cats.

Steve Steverson
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Steve Steverson » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:23 am

Some of you guys need to lighten up. It’s nice to have coverage.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:25 am

Steve Steverson wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:23 am
Some of you guys need to lighten up. It’s nice to have coverage.
It's fantastic to have coverage. It's also perfectly fine to disagree with hosts of sports shows on their takes. I've always appreciated Colter's coverage.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:34 am

Dude, they covered the Cats first in the first hour because, and they said this on the show, they won and are still playing. If you only listened to the second hour... don't make a preemptive judgment.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:38 am

CelticCat wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:34 am
Dude, they covered the Cats first in the first hour because, and they said this on the show, they won and are still playing. If you only listened to the second hour... don't make a preemptive judgment.
Dude how bout read thru the post were I said I must have missed the first hour and was waiting to hear about MSU vs NDSU, which never came on for me.

Again I like Colters stuff, I subscribe to Skyline since its inception. Again because I didn't realize I missed the first hour I was pissed because all they talked about was the team who's season is over.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:40 am

CelticCat wrote:
I listened to both hours. Overall, they have covered the Cats fairly well all season. The first hour of the show was going to contain more Griz content because they had to recap their game then recap the season. They'll do the same with the Cats when their season ends. I understand all that and like listening to their thoughts on the team over the hill. I've already stated what I disagree with and its a good debate to have leading up to the NDSU game.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:49 am

Thought the show was fine. But saying the Griz would have the best shot of anyone to beat NDSU is just asinine to say. I get why he said it. Smart of him. But it's nothing more than sports radio crazy talk.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:49 am

luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:38 am
CelticCat wrote:
Dude how bout read thru the post were I said I must have missed the first hour and was waiting to hear about MSU vs NDSU, which never came on for me.

Again I like Colters stuff, I subscribe to Skyline since its inception. Again because I didn't realize I missed the first hour I was pissed because all they talked about was the team who's season is over.
If you didn't realize you missed it, then I apologize - I read that you only listened to the second hour, and just assumed you knew there was a first hour.

Listen to the first hour podcast and enjoy. :)

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:52 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:49 am
Thought the show was fine. But saying the Griz would have the best shot of anyone to beat NDSU is just asinine to say. I get why he said it. Smart of him. But it's nothing more than sports radio crazy talk.
Well UM's defense is built to stop more of a traditional offense like NDSU, and they did so very well against Weber albeit it Weber's offense is just bad.

But you need some balance to beat NDSU and frankly if you had to pick between each Montana school's weakness to have more success vs NDSU, you'd have to pick the Cats. By that I mean I have more confidence the Cats can pass on the Bison than the Griz being able to run on them.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:54 am

VimSince03 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:40 am
CelticCat wrote:
I listened to both hours. Overall, they have covered the Cats fairly well all season. The first hour of the show was going to contain more Griz content because they had to recap their game then recap the season. They'll do the same with the Cats when their season ends. I understand all that and like listening to their thoughts on the team over the hill. I've already stated what I disagree with and its a good debate to have leading up to the NDSU game.
Led the show yesterday with the Bobcats, including an interview with Derek Marks.

We also debated if NDSU's run is good for college football and shared an interview with new Cal Poly head coach Beau Baldwin

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:55 am

CelticCat wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:52 am
ilovethecats wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:49 am
Well UM's defense is built to stop more of a traditional offense like NDSU, and they did so very well against Weber albeit it Weber's offense is just bad.

But you need some balance to beat NDSU and frankly if you had to pick between each Montana school's weakness to have more success vs NDSU, you'd have to pick the Cats. By that I mean I have more confidence the Cats can pass on the Bison than the Griz being able to run on them.
And while that is all fine and great, games are won in the trenches. It's why we had no chance last year, why we more than a chance this year, and why the griz wouldn't have a chance in hell this year. Colter knows this. But smart to cater to half your audience for sure.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:56 am

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:54 am
VimSince03 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:40 am
CelticCat wrote:
Led the show yesterday with the Bobcats, including an interview with Derek Marks.

We also debated if NDSU's run is good for college football and shared an interview with new Cal Poly head coach Beau Baldwin

Listened to them both as usual. You two make my 4-6 better every day Colter! Don't be afraid to put out even more takes...I like when Gus gets fired up.