Preseason All Big Sky Team

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Preseason All Big Sky Team

Post by RobertCats » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:40 am

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Re: Preseason All Big Sky Team

Post by RobertCats » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:44 am

Better representation than we had for last year's postseason all-conference nods, nice to see Konkol and Sterk getting respect. But I still don't get how Padmos keeps getting snubbed. Coffey is a good punter, but I would not trade Padmos for ANYONE in the conference, perhaps no one else in the FCS.

SACCAT
Member # Retired

Post by SACCAT » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:47 am

Lots to break down here, but SHOCKED that Jahque Alleyne isn't on the list... Big snub in my mind.

vike_king
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by vike_king » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:02 am

Wow, they aren't convinced that Troy Anderson will be concentrating on defense this year.

Chester, MT/ Helena, MT

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:08 am

vike_king wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:02 am
Wow, they aren't convinced that Troy Anderson will be concentrating on defense this year.
??

They aren't going to put a guy who hasn't played on defense on the 1st Team. Had to put him *somewhere*, and with his role on offense (he will have one), FB makes the most sense. I'm actually surprised at how well thought out it was.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:11 am

RobertCats wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:44 am
Better representation than we had for last year's postseason all-conference nods, nice to see Konkol and Sterk getting respect. But I still don't get how Padmos keeps getting snubbed. Coffey is a good punter, but I would not trade Padmos for ANYONE in the conference, perhaps no one else in the FCS.
I agree on Padmos.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:13 am

SACCAT wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:47 am
Lots to break down here, but SHOCKED that Jahque Alleyne isn't on the list... Big snub in my mind.
I'm not sure I'd go so far as shocked, but certainly that was my first impression from this. I think he'll be 1st team after the season is over.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:15 am

CelticCat wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:13 am
SACCAT wrote:
I'm not sure I'd go so far as shocked, but certainly that was my first impression from this. I think he'll be 1st team after the season is over.
Alleyne was my next thought after Padmos, but if they were only going to put one MSU safety on the list I think they got the right one. Again, not sure I would trade our starting safeties for anyone else in the league.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:17 am

CelticCat wrote:
SACCAT wrote:
Allenye led the league in interceptions and was fourth in forced fumbles. Led the league in turnovers forced.

DriscollCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DriscollCat » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:37 am

iaafan wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:17 am
CelticCat wrote:
SACCAT wrote:
Allenye led the league in interceptions and was fourth in forced fumbles. Led the league in turnovers forced.
Shafted yet again.

Bobcatsinmso
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Bobcatsinmso » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:11 am

Just more fuel for the fire. Jahque Alleyne is going to be a beast in our backfield this year. both J.A and K. Kassis were selected as representatives to the big Sky preseason meetings, meaning both are big time leaders for the Bobcats. Wait and see where J.A ends up when the playoffs are over. Good bet he will be 1st team Big Sky.

The State of Montana is Bobcat country.
missoula....still just 20 miles from Montana.
FTG

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:52 am

so yes, I am biased... but there is not a running back in the league that I would rather have over Ifanse… (other then TA... ha). Seriously though, even with a pretty loaded backfield this year, I expect him to put up some very big numbers.

If he can stay healthy, I expect him to break the all time Bobcat career rushing yards record. Guy is legit!

FTG- GO CATS GO!

Grizaddict
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Grizaddict » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:41 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:52 am
so yes, I am biased... but there is not a running back in the league that I would rather have over Ifanse… (other then TA... ha). Seriously though, even with a pretty loaded backfield this year, I expect him to put up some very big numbers.

If he can stay healthy, I expect him to break the all time Bobcat career rushing yards record. Guy is legit!
I’ll call it right now. He won’t have as big of a year as last unless TA is standing close to him as QB. And that’s from someone who thinks Ifanse is a beast. Defenses couldn’t key him last year due to TA. Take that away and Ifanse will be less productive.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:52 pm

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:54 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:41 pm
mslacatfan wrote:

I’ll call it right now. He won’t have as big of a year as last unless TA is standing close to him as QB. And that’s from someone who thinks Ifanse is a beast. Defenses couldn’t key him last year due to TA. Take that away and Ifanse will be less productive.
True, but when TA is standing back there we are facing a stacked box 100% of the time. Now I get one of those guys in the box is taken away if they are spying Troy but I would love to see a team having to respect our passing game and give Ifanse a chance to run against a Nickel defense. We do not have that passing threat yet, but all I'm saying is that it might not have as much of an impact as you think if we are able to move the ball through the air and back those safeties off the LOS.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:57 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:

That’s true on one hand, but you have to consider that last year defenses were crowding the line knowing either Andersen or Ifanse we’re running it. This year they’ll have to account for the passing game, which will open things up for Ifanse.

You also need to take into account that Ifanse got to know the system better as the season rolled along. He only had 15 yards in his first two games. He had 691 in his last six games. 366 his first six, which included the Wagner game when he ran for 146.
Last edited by iaafan on Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:58 pm

iaafan wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:57 pm
Grizaddict wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:

That’s true on one hand, but you have to consider that last year defenses were crowding the line knowing either Andersen or Ifanse we’re running it. This year they’ll have to account for the passing game, which will open things up for Ifanse.

You also need to take into account that Ifanse got to know the system better as the season rolled along. He only had 15 yards in his first two games. He had 691 in his last six games.
And Choate alluded to the fact that he was playing hurt the last half of the season. He said numerous times that he did not practice at all during the week the last month of the season.

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:34 pm

iaafan wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:

You also need to take into account that Ifanse got to know the system better as the season rolled along. He only had 15 yards in his first two games. He had 691 in his last six games. 366 his first six, which included the Wagner game when he ran for 146.
Yeah I can't wait to see some legit play action with Ifanse (Or dump off passes) this season. He was getting yards going against PILES of players last year. If the passing game comes around there will be much larger openings and less players to get through into the second level (and we have seen what he does to DB's at the second level :) ).

thefrank1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by thefrank1 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:41 pm

He will look like he has tons of power and that scares db's.

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:23 pm

CARDIAC_CATS wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:34 pm
iaafan wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:

Yeah I can't wait to see some legit play action with Ifanse (Or dump off passes) this season. He was getting yards going against PILES of players last year. If the passing game comes around there will be much larger openings and less players to get through into the second level (and we have seen what he does to DB's at the second level :) ).
This??!