Players Gone From 2018 Team

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Re: Players Gone From 2018 Team

Post by Cledus » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:25 pm

Ahh... thanks for the heads up, Catsrgood and Robertcats. The drive logs contain lots of errors and I didn’t want to jump to a conclusion.

To say he was buried seems to be putting it mildly. I don’t recall hearing this guy’s name being mentioned even once.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:11 pm

I really liked Cauley as a prospect. Sometimes it just doesn't work out.

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:21 pm

I can’t tell from his Twitter if he ended up anywhere, but there are a lot of Chadron State mentions. If that’s where he’s at now, best of luck.

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:26 pm

RobertCats wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:32 pm
Great move, Koby, negotiated yourself into a walk-on position where you pay, and out of one where you get paid, and would probably get some actual PT,!

(Is the NFL on the phone?)

2024 Resume dominance

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:43 pm

Cledus wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:29 pm
I was just going the drive log from the Weber State game and some guy named Justin Cauley had a few very cringe worthy carries at the end of the game. I don't remember this guy at all and had to go to the roster to verify it wasn't an error. Sure enough, we had a guy named Justin Cauley last year from the Los Angeles area. Does anyone remember him?

I wonder why he left and where he went. The roster says he was a freshman. Being we're on the 11th page, if someone already brought him up, sorry.
Those stats (from the BSC site I assume) are probably inaccurate. It's highly unlikely that Cauley made the trip to Weber since travel rosters are much smaller than home rosters. That site also lists Jalen Cole with a carry. If you look at the MSU site, then you'll see that neither Cauley nor Cole are listed as taking a carry.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:03 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:43 pm
Cledus wrote:
I was just going the drive log from the Weber State game and some guy named Justin Cauley had a few very cringe worthy carries at the end of the game. I don't remember this guy at all and had to go to the roster to verify it wasn't an error. Sure enough, we had a guy named Justin Cauley last year from the Los Angeles area. Does anyone remember him?

I wonder why he left and where he went. The roster says he was a freshman. Being we're on the 11th page, if someone already brought him up, sorry.
Those stats (from the BSC site I assume) are probably inaccurate. It's highly unlikely that Cauley made the trip to Weber since travel rosters are much smaller than home rosters. That site also lists Jalen Cole with a carry. If you look at the MSU site, then you'll see that neither Cauley nor Cole are listed as taking a carry.
Yup, I was at the team page on the BSC's archived stats. I assumed the BSC just dumped in whatever the schools provided. It seems like each game there are gaps in the play sequence. You'll 2nd and 10 and then the next play is a punt, or yards resulting from plays that don't reconcile to the down and yards to go.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:19 pm

Cledus wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:03 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:43 pm
Cledus wrote:

Yup, I was at the team page on the BSC's archived stats. I assumed the BSC just dumped in whatever the schools provided. It seems like each game there are gaps in the play sequence. You'll 2nd and 10 and then the next play is a punt, or yards resulting from plays that don't reconcile to the down and yards to go.
Exactly. Makes you wonder sometimes, but I think they get it all straight in the yearly totals.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:32 pm

Helcat72 wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:26 pm
RobertCats wrote:
Great move, Koby, negotiated yourself into a walk-on position where you pay, and out of one where you get paid, and would probably get some actual PT,!

Yeah, I was bummed when he left…. sometimes these guys have to wake up and realize that the grass is not always greener... he was in a pretty good spot here in Bozeman, with a bright future. Oh well, hope he does well.

speaking of other WR's that moved on... any update on Cameron Sutton? is he gonna be a senior this year, or is he done? did he end up doing anything?

FTG- GO CATS GO!

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:49 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:32 pm
Helcat72 wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:26 pm
RobertCats wrote:

Yeah, I was bummed when he left…. sometimes these guys have to wake up and realize that the grass is not always greener... he was in a pretty good spot here in Bozeman, with a bright future. Oh well, hope he does well.

speaking of other WR's that moved on... any update on Cameron Sutton? is he gonna be a senior this year, or is he done? did he end up doing anything?
https://gobulldogs.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=9326

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

lutecat
Member # Retired

Post by lutecat » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:08 am

Looks like in the case of Duru and Metcalf, they convinced eachother they were FBS talent even though they went FCS originally and had no playing time to show themselves that was the case. Really what did they expect? Entering the transfer portal, no college game tape for coaches to watch. So nothing since HS to go off, and where else were they recruited out of HS?

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:01 am

It's crazy the amount of players that have left MSU to go FBS, even if they never end up really contributing that much.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

GrizgradCatFan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by GrizgradCatFan » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:52 pm

From what it looks like most of them should have stayed. Except Marino I don't see many that had really any great statistical gains by leaving and Marino didn't really leave on his own. I would have like to have seen what Choate could have done with him. Choate should give a list of players who have left and give them their numbers and ask them if they regretted it. That might sway any guys who think its greener on the other side of the fence.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:17 pm

Demote king is one of the few exceptions I know of.... he went on to be one of the better safety’s in the pac 12 at ASU...

Those cases are few and far between though.

FTG- GO CATS GO!