Which logo do you prefer?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Which logo would you prefer on the helmet?

M
33%
Cat head
35%
Cat script
32%

Total votes: 130

bobcatozzy
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Which logo do you prefer?

Post by bobcatozzy » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:55 pm

I like the M one with the cat overlay

Rest In peace dad.

classicat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by classicat » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:42 pm

So not to burst any bubbles but is the revamping of the logo even being discussed among the powers that be or is this just wintertime folly? I really like the designs presented alot and the voting is all well and fine, but is MSU Athletics interested in changing the logo to something new and if so, will they consider the opinions of Bobcat Nation bloggers? Just wondering. I think Old Skool Cat did an awesome job though! =D^

cat_stache_fever

Post by cat_stache_fever » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:29 pm

classicat wrote:So not to burst any bubbles but is the revamping of the logo even being discussed among the powers that be or is this just wintertime folly? I really like the designs presented alot and the voting is all well and fine, but is MSU Athletics interested in changing the logo to something new and if so, will they consider the opinions of Bobcat Nation bloggers? Just wondering. I think Old Skool Cat did an awesome job though! =D^
i'll take wintertime folly for 500 alex...

well.......we gonna pitch it!
"we gonna put something/somebody(?) on they ass...."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cXf-VrzznY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dubs
New Recruit

Post by Dubs » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:58 am

Old Skool Cat wrote:Here's some images I have played around with; don't know if you'll like any of them:

Can you make a image of the "M" w/ the "state" script but with out the curves. Maybe do a couple variations. Just would like to see how they look.

classicat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by classicat » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:14 pm

Haha cat_stache, nice. But seriously, with the effort Old Skool put in, what would it take to submit/suggest something new and exciting? Change can be good and riding on last year's success, the new stadium, etc., might be time for a new marketing campaign.

Old Skool Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Old Skool Cat » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:18 pm

Dubs wrote:
Old Skool Cat wrote:Can you make a image of the "M" w/ the "state" script but with out the curves. Maybe do a couple variations. Just would like to see how they look.
No problem! I am away from my graphics computer right now, but I will work on that. I have thought that might be a good combination myself.

Old Skool Cat

Post by Old Skool Cat » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:27 pm

Old Skool Cat wrote:
Dubs wrote:
Old Skool Cat wrote:Can you make a image of the "M" w/ the "state" script but with out the curves. Maybe do a couple variations. Just would like to see how they look.
No problem! I am away from my graphics computer right now, but I will work on that. I have thought that might be a good combination myself.
For comparison sake, here's some logos from other state school that incorporate the "State" and the letter:

Ohio State:

Oklahoma State

Iowa State

Mississippi State

One logo I have always liked was Memphis'. It incorporates an "M" very similar to ours but also includes the mascot.

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:55 pm

kmax wrote:
catsrback76 wrote: Script to me is the hardest of all, though I understand the romance of the "Cats" logo from 84. That said, the Cat head with maybe some modifications to it to accentuate it's features, ie. eye, teeth, ears could really make it pop and be seen at a distance and carry our brand forward.

That said, I have no way to even create it. :oops:
This is the one that they have put on the signs distributed to businesses around town that I really like, similar to what you are saying about slight modifications to accentuate the features. I like it because it gives it a little more depth and accentuates as you say but still stays simple (only a three color logo still). Note this is just me making the standard logo look like the one on the sign in my office so it's not perfect. And I added the white to the eye.
Or this! :D

Old Skool Cat

Post by Old Skool Cat » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:08 pm

kmax wrote:
catsrback76 wrote: Script to me is the hardest of all, though I understand the romance of the "Cats" logo from 84. That said, the Cat head with maybe some modifications to it to accentuate it's features, ie. eye, teeth, ears could really make it pop and be seen at a distance and carry our brand forward.

That said, I have no way to even create it. :oops:
This is the one that they have put on the signs distributed to businesses around town that I really like, similar to what you are saying about slight modifications to accentuate the features. I like it because it gives it a little more depth and accentuates as you say but still stays simple (only a three color logo still). Note this is just me making the standard logo look like the one on the sign in my office so it's not perfect. And I added the white to the eye.
Very nice kmax, I like it alot! The white would also give some definition on a helmet.

TIrwin24

Post by TIrwin24 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:38 pm

Even after all these ideas, I still think that the 'Cats in script captures the classic look while maintaining a unique image that MSU needs to get back to.

I could care less that the griz are using it right now. We all know that we had it first, and that they copied our idea.

What would be even better is to have Away helmets that would be dark blue with the script in gold. SIIICK!

"I've always followed in my father's footsteps, not necessarily because I wanted to, but because it is in my spirit."

-Singlefin Yellow

Bleedinbluengold

Post by Bleedinbluengold » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:09 pm

Bay Area Cat wrote:
LTown Cat wrote:The M separates us.
Well, it makes everyone think we are Michigan (especially when the M has yellow in it) ... at least that's been the reaction from 99% of the people who comment when I wear my gear.

I like the cat head the best, personally.
No way! Not in SanFran. I don't believe you. :wink:

I bet if you took a "real" poll, more than 100 people would know that's not Michigan.

Montana State IS what "they" think Montana is.

ABQCat

Post by ABQCat » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:59 pm

I could have sworn we already... wait a minute... it's coming to me.... oh yeah, now I remember. We already have 111 posts on this subject. :lol:

BUMP!

CatfaninGA
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by CatfaninGA » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:11 pm

The cat head looks like Washington States step child had a kid.

Maybe I'm old school but I like the script CATS but overlayed on the M looks good as well.

What about the Old old school logo that used to be on the rubber basketball court at the brick with the actual Bobcat head?

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:12 pm

And a fancy poll!

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

catbooster
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by catbooster » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:49 pm

So this thread wasn't offseason boredom, it was Bobcat Nation being ahead of their time once again.

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:46 am

catbooster wrote:So this thread wasn't offseason boredom, it was Bobcat Nation being ahead of their time once again.
And might I remind you who started this brilliance...

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:15 am

I stand by my original design of the accented Cat Head! Very nice indeed.