updated lists

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

gfallscat
BobcatNation Letterman

updated lists

Post by gfallscat » Tue Nov 23, 2004 8:24 am

Ballots Distributed for Payton, Buchanan, Robinson Awards

Awards to be presented in Chattanooga on Dec. 16

Philadelphia, PA (Sports Network) - The race for the top player, defensive player, and coach in I-AA college football took a final step on Monday as ballots for the 2004 Walter Payton Award, Buck Buchanan Award, and Eddie Robinson Award were mailed to all voters.

The ballots, which were sent to media and I-AA sports information directors selected for the voting process, will be due via fax by Wednesday, November 24th. The top three finalists (in terms of votes received) for the Walter Payton Award will be invited to attend the presentation of the Awards, with the winner of that Award not announced until the event. The 18th Annual I-AA College Football Awards will be held Dec. 16th in Chattanooga, TN, on the eve of the NCAA I-AA national championship.

Four players have been added to the 16-member Walter Payton Award ballot since the most recent "Payton Watch" revisions on Nov. 3, while the list of 16 Buck Buchanan candidates features two new names. Jacksonville State running back Oscar Bonds, Southeastern Louisiana quarterback Martin Hankins, Montana State quarterback Travis Lulay and Southern Illinois quarterback Joel Sambursky have all been selected as Payton finalists. Southern Utah linebacker Nick DiPadova and Northwestern State linebacker Jamall Johnson were added as Buchanan finalists.

Following are the 32 players and 16 coaches appearing on the 2004 Walter Payton, Buck Buchanan, and Eddie Robinson Award ballots.

2004 Walter Payton Award Finalists Charles Anthony, RB, Tennessee State *Oscar Bonds, RB, Jacksonville State Jamaal Branch, RB, Colgate Lang Campbell, QB, William & Mary Clifton Dawson, RB, Harvard Davon Fowlkes, WR, Appalachian State *Martin Hankins, QB, Southeastern Louisiana Vincent Jackson, WR, Northern Colorado Dustin Long, QB, Sam Houston State *Travis Lulay, QB, Montana State Erik Meyer, QB, Eastern Washington Craig Ochs, QB, Montana *Joel Sambursky, QB, Southern Illinois Ricky Santos, QB, New Hampshire Chaz Williams, QB, Georgia Southern Richie Williams, QB, Appalachian State

2004 Buck Buchanan Award Finalists Tom Alfsen, DE, Lehigh Lee Basinger, DL, Wofford Jordan Beck, LB, Cal Poly *Nick DiPadova, LB, Southern Utah Justin Durant, LB, Hampton Liam Ezekiel, LB, Northeastern Brady Fosmark, DL, Weber State William Freeman, LB, Furman Chris Gocong, DE, Cal Poly Boomer Grigsby, LB, Illinois State Shannon James, DB, Massachusetts *Jamall Johnson, LB, Northwestern State Tad Kornegay, DB, Fordham Kevin Talley, LB, Norfolk State Charles Thompson, LB, Western Kentucky Gian Villante, LB, Hofstra

2004 Eddie Robinson Award Finalists David Bennett, Coastal Carolina Kevin Callahan, Monmouth Charlie Coe, Alabama State Jack Crowe, Jacksonville State David Elson, Western Kentucky Jerry Kill, Southern Illinois Bobby Lamb, Furman Jimmie Laycock, William & Mary Mickey Matthews, James Madison Sean McConnell, New Hampshire Tim Murphy, Harvard Ron Randleman, Sam Houston State Mike Sewak, Georgia Southern Joe Taylor, Hampton Frank Tavani, Lafayette Paul Wulff, Eastern Washington

* = added to list since last revision on Nov. 3

grizhatr
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by grizhatr » Tue Nov 23, 2004 8:53 am

Congrats to Travis! I highly doubt he will be chosen, but to be selected in the final round, what an accomplishment. At least he will have one more year to start it off early.