All Big-Sky Teams

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

All Big-Sky Teams

Post by MSU01 » Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:47 pm

http://www.bigskyconf.com/article.asp?articleid=63926

8 Bobcats make first team, second behind EWU (10).

Lulay, Ochs, and Meyer all named first team all-conference but Meyer won Offensive Player of the Year.
Last edited by MSU01 on Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Mon Nov 22, 2004 7:11 pm

Do they always name so many players from a single position to the first team like that? How can you have three first team all Big Sky QB's? Between the First, Second, and Honorable mention All Big Sky teams every starting QB in the Big Sky is there. What is this the new PC way of naming All confernce teams?

Anyway, congrats to all of the great athletes that made any of the teams and special recognition to:

Roger Cooper for Co-Defensive POY and unanimous three time selection to first team All Big Sky

Rick Gatewood for Co-Newcomer POY and first team All Big Sky

Blake Wolf for unanimous first team All Big Sky selection

Ray Sebestyen for two time selection to first team All Big Sky

Mac Mollohan for two time selection to first team All Big Sky

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Mon Nov 22, 2004 7:13 pm

Interesting note, Travis Lulay actually made All Conference in two categories. First team for QB and Honorable mention for Punter.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Mon Nov 22, 2004 7:16 pm

I was noticing that too, kmax. You have to be skeptical of any all-anything list that would include a Weber QB from this year.

Congrats to all the great Bobcats who were recognized - you guys earned it, and I appreciate all the great memories you have given me!

GO CATS GO!!!

Buttealum
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Buttealum » Mon Nov 22, 2004 9:56 pm

Congrats to all those guys! My personal kudos to Eddie Sullivan who made this season fun to watch. What a motivator!

velochat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by velochat » Tue Nov 23, 2004 8:57 am

I did think it was odd to have three first team QBs. I would have chosen Meyer for POY also; he had a more consistent and winning season than Lulay. Eight on the first team is outstanding, particularly for a team that tied for 3rd place. It confirms my feeling that MSU and Eastern had the most talented individuals, but the friz had more depth.

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Tue Nov 23, 2004 9:48 am

Congratulations goes out to all the Bobcats that made this list. I know they would all trade these awards in to be going to the playoffs, but having 8 on the first team is SUPER! I had heard Figerrora also has another year so we should have maybe 5 of the 8 returning next year. I'm so happy that Roger Cooper was recognized as he actually has had a good year this year. Since game 4-5 (after he tore it up early) teams have pretty much game planned for him by either running away from him or double teaming him with a TE/Tackle combo (trap blocking). I'm very glad the coahes who know the X/O's can see that and award him with that award. Way to go COOP! Kick some Butt in the SENIOR BOWL (hopefully he will get selected).