Good Game Griz

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Good Game Griz

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:03 am

Congratulations on your win this weekend. It was a tough fought game but in the end your team was the one that played the best on both sides of the ball I thought. The Bobcats just had too many missed tackles and dropped passes. This game really reminded me of watching the Cal Poly game earlier this year. It was basically the same type of game that was played by the Bobcats. I know our guys played tough though and still kept fighting until the end. I just don't think we gave the Griz our best shot. But, when you play in the big game .. you have to step it up and we just didn't do that. I knew this game would be won in the trenches just like the last 2-3 years or so and I thought the Griz OL really really played well as a unit against our DL. We got a couple sacks, but Oches had a lot of time back there and there were large holes for the running game (especially off tackle as well).

I think if we could have wrapped up and made some tackles early, this game would have been a lot closer. The reffing was actually pretty good for a BIG SKY game this year although they missed two Blatant pass interference penalties on the Griz though. The one on Sullivan (I think it was) was a TD I would bet.

Tough place to play in though with so many new/young guys on our team. Anyway, kudos to the Griz as they stepped up and we didn't I thought. That EW game may have been just to heartbreaking for this team to overcome .. I don't know. They definately looked flat I thought.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Re: Good Game Griz

Post by catatac » Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:47 am

CARDIAC_CATS wrote:Congratulations on your win this weekend. It was a tough fought game but in the end your team was the one that played the best on both sides of the ball I thought. The Bobcats just had too many missed tackles and dropped passes. This game really reminded me of watching the Cal Poly game earlier this year. It was basically the same type of game that was played by the Bobcats. I know our guys played tough though and still kept fighting until the end. I just don't think we gave the Griz our best shot. But, when you play in the big game .. you have to step it up and we just didn't do that. I knew this game would be won in the trenches just like the last 2-3 years or so and I thought the Griz OL really really played well as a unit against our DL. We got a couple sacks, but Oches had a lot of time back there and there were large holes for the running game (especially off tackle as well).

I think if we could have wrapped up and made some tackles early, this game would have been a lot closer. The reffing was actually pretty good for a BIG SKY game this year although they missed two Blatant pass interference penalties on the Griz though. The one on Sullivan (I think it was) was a TD I would bet.

Tough place to play in though with so many new/young guys on our team. Anyway, kudos to the Griz as they stepped up and we didn't I thought. That EW game may have been just to heartbreaking for this team to overcome .. I don't know. They definately looked flat I thought.
Totally agree on all points. We didn't play our best, and they stuck it to us because of it. Congrats on a great season Griz fans... :D

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:17 pm

While I unfortunately wasn't able to attend or even be on here for the big weekend, I must add my share of congratulations to the Griz. They outplayed the Cats this weekend and the better team won. While I would trade anything to be watching the Cats again this weekend, I am happy to see the Big Sky sending it's two best teams into postseason play. I for one am a Cat fan that will be rooting for the Griz and the Eagles this weekend. Do the Sky proud and put up a couple of wins this weekend. Show the right coast that even when the Big Sky is "down" we are tough to beat.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon