Griz RB's

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Bigtime75
BobcatNation Redshirt

Griz RB's

Post by Bigtime75 » Sat Nov 20, 2004 6:08 pm

I hate to say it, but it is plainly obvious that the Griz have not 1 but 3 better RB's than we do. I like Justin, but I still take Green, Hilliard, and Waller over him. They ran at will on us. I said it once, I will say it again, Hilliard is the most talented RB is the league. Until we get a formidable running game, it is going to be next to impossible to be the class of the league.

Cat-theotherwhitemeat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Sat Nov 20, 2004 7:14 pm

I agree. Lex is just plain incredible. Every time he touches the ball it looks like he's going to run over someone. Hard to believe he's around for two more years.

My avatar does not now, nor has in the past, depict a person of mentally challenged state. If you have a problem with it, please call the U.S. department of Bite my A$$. MTBuff/Administrator.

HelenaCat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by HelenaCat » Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:17 am

I disagree a bit. Justin Green was a player last year, but he appears just fat and slow this year. he seems like a great kid, but he regressed his senior year. Waller is a good back, but nothing special. Now, Hilliard is another story. He is extremely impressive and scared me everytime he touched the ball. I am sure Hauck will recruit another drop down QB for next year to replace Oches, but unless they really come up with some special players at QB and wide receiver to replace some really good players, the griz passing game may be a bit suspect next year. In that case, unless Hauck is really an idiot, everyone may be seeing Hilliard run about 35 times a game next year. He certainly impresses me more than any other RB in the league and he has two more years.

BWahlberg
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by BWahlberg » Sun Nov 21, 2004 7:51 pm

Waller nothing special? Well he can't pass we found that out yesterday.

His cutback run for a TD was awesome, and he is going to be the guy splitting carries with Lex next year. We'll have another stong rushing game again. Our big "rebuild" spot is at QB and WR

Nick
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Nick » Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:05 pm

I agree with Re/Max on JR Waller. He is quick on his feet and can make great cutbacks. The Griz-Cat game wasn't the first time he's done that, of course he doesn't put up big numbers when he's the third card being shuffled through the deck. And it's not like he hasn't split carries before, I think in 2002 he was our leading rusher (I may be wrong) but he split carries with David Gober (does anyone know what happened to him?)

Brady Green looked pretty good too. I am beaming about the Griz potential in the running game.

The passing game is interesting -- Jon Talmage is back but I believe he is the only returning WR. Ryan Bagley has seen some time this year and I think he's coming back too. One thing's for sure, I'll be missing Heidelberger and Levander Segars juking out guys every time to pick up another 10 yards and take it to the house........Man the memories of these seniors!!!

Ahead to the Demons! In the last game the Griz played Northwestern State, Jefferson Heidelberger returned a kick and punt for TDs!! Go Eastern and GO GRIZ!

FTC

BWahlberg

Post by BWahlberg » Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:34 am

Nick,

I had heard that Gober had a neck injury (against NW St!!) in the 02 playoff game that finished his football carrer.

A similar neck injury that Sterling Sharpe of the Packers had, that forced him to retire.

As for graduatining WR's, all the guys who burned the cats yesterday. Segars, Hancock, Jefferson. We also loose Walden & Costanzo. We're going to have a few Redshirt Frosh catching the ball next year! Bobby is good about grabbing JuCo transfers though, a WR would be a nice pick-up.

lifeloyalsigmsu

Post by lifeloyalsigmsu » Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:03 pm

Re/Max Griz wrote:Nick,

I had heard that Gober had a neck injury (against NW St!!) in the 02 playoff game that finished his football carrer.

A similar neck injury that Sterling Sharpe of the Packers had, that forced him to retire.

As for graduatining WR's, all the guys who burned the cats yesterday. Segars, Hancock, Jefferson. We also loose Walden & Costanzo. We're going to have a few Redshirt Frosh catching the ball next year! Bobby is good about grabbing JuCo transfers though, a WR would be a nice pick-up.

Man alive!! Weren't some of you griz fans persecuting Kramer et al for the pursuit of JC players? I guess after seeing or hearing about performances from the likes of Gatewood, perhaps going the JC route once in a while can have its benefits. It's not always the case, but Gatewood has apparently panned out pretty well.

"One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation." --Thomas Reed