THE 104th BOBCAT - GRIZ BRAWL OF THE WILD

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Buttealum
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Buttealum » Sat Nov 20, 2004 4:56 pm

Oops, my bad wycat. I meant to tell Elgato to leave never played where he is :twisted:

Bigtime75
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Bigtime75 » Sat Nov 20, 2004 5:56 pm

I hate to admit it, but the better team won today. We were dominated in almost every facet of the game. We are lucky that the Griz's mistakes allowed it to be as close as it was. We just aren't there yet. Ochs is the class of the league. I wish Travis had a better game.
Last edited by Bigtime75 on Sat Nov 20, 2004 6:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Nov 20, 2004 6:11 pm

Congrats to all you griz fans. The football team you cheer for was better than the football team I cheer for this year. :cry:

The season ended badly for the Bobcats, but I'm heartend by the fact that we do have a young team, we now have 3 winning seasons in row-with an excellent chance to challenge for the league title next season. We need to get the guys in the weight room and make themselves better, and have another excellent recruiting class coming in.

neverplayed
BobcatNation Redshirt

Buttealum, YOU ARE NEXT!

Post by neverplayed » Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:25 am

Buttealum wrote:Congrats to the griz...we didn't show up. Please, Wycat, leave neverplayed where he is, actually I saw him on the smack board. Just where he belongs, somewhere he can get smacked....watch out next year griz........
Be nice or I'll get to you just as I have some others on this BOARD.

Buttealum
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Buttealum » Sun Nov 21, 2004 1:28 pm

And I am supposed to be afraid??? Please :roll:

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Sun Nov 21, 2004 1:47 pm

Yeah, he likes to talk big behind a keyboard, but he still hasn't answered my challenge to say something to my face. He's probably just a sad, depressed loser of a man whose wife left him a shattered remnant of a pathetic human being.

GO CATS GO!!!

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:20 am

WYCAT wrote:
Already posted my congrats to the friz on efriz...

Should I let neverplayed out of my crawlspace yet?
No, I like it better without him.

By the way Gato, what do you think of Hack calling the reverse WR pass up 16 with 5 minutes to go? We haven't stopped the running game all day and he is pulling out everything to put more points on the board.
Yeah, that play burned me a little too. Pure class by the Bobby we've been known to love (NOT!). I'm glad it got picked off.

El_Gato
Member # Retired

Post by El_Gato » Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:30 am

I meant to comment on this earlier; booby actually ran 2 trick plays on the jizz final drive.

I'm sure if asked about it he'd give us the "well, the Cats have been coming back on people all year and no lead is safe and yada yada yada..." but I'm sorry, I'm not buying it. Up by 16 with 3 minutes left? Your opponent at that point is the clock, not the Cats.

There is no doubt in my mind that hack WANTED to score another TD and put 45 on the board because of his hatred of the Cats.

Which is fine by me; anytime booby wants to give me reasons to hate him, I will...

Grizzlies: 2-5 when it matters most

jagur1
Member # Retired

Post by jagur1 » Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:52 am

Give me a break....any cat fan up 16 with 3 minutes left would want to add another 7. Heck I'd want to add 14. I'm just disipointed we didn't run it and ram it down the, "best front seven in the country," for another 7.

Never mistake activity for accomplishment.

I'm sick of the man because the man is a thief.

Four

El_Gato
Member # Retired

Post by El_Gato » Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:00 am

you continue to make my point, hag. any Cat FAN would want to do that by using a gadget play.

Hauck goes AWAY from what's been working all game (Hilliard running, medium-range passing game) just to try and "rub it in" with a gadget play. There's little doubt in my mind that if he'd just pounded the ball on 1st & 2nd downs, then thrown on 3rd if necessary, he would have gotten that last score that he obviously so desperately wanted AND eaten up what little remained on the clock.

Like I said, keep giving us reasons, booby, and we'll keep hatin' ya!
Last edited by El_Gato on Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grizzlies: 2-5 when it matters most

WYCAT
Member # Retired

Post by WYCAT » Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:06 am

Give me a break....any cat fan up 16 with 3 minutes left would want to add another 7. Heck I'd want to add 14. I'm just disipointed we didn't run it and ram it down the, "best front seven in the country," for another 7.
No way Jagur. 99% of coaches in the country will tell you in that situation, with the way they have been running the ball all day especially, you don't try not one but two plays like he did. That was a classless decision and I would bet all I have Kramer wouldn't have even thought about it. It had nothing to do with winning the game but making the final score look worse.

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:52 pm

WYCAT wrote:
No way Jagur. 99% of coaches in the country will tell you in that situation, with the way they have been running the ball all day especially, you don't try not one but two plays like he did. That was a classless decision and I would bet all I have Kramer wouldn't have even thought about it. It had nothing to do with winning the game but making the final score look worse.
We picked it off anyway :) ... busted Bobby's gloating balloon even more :) I thought it was funny when we picked it off. Serves him right ... loved the look on his face right after that too :) Kramer was just laughing.
Last edited by CARDIAC_CATS on Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WYCAT
Member # Retired

Post by WYCAT » Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:56 pm

Yea Cardiac, I think that series showed the difference in character between these two coaches. Here is a guy who is obviously going to win the game and he is pissed a trick play failed and here is another guy who is losing the game, season over, etc. and he sees the humor and ignorance in what Booby tried to do. I liked it even more that Kramer wouldn't take the bait after the game and make a bigger deal about it. Everyone that knows football and the way it should be played knows that was wrong.

jagur1
Member # Retired

Post by jagur1 » Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:01 pm

Sour grapes.. Give it up. Maybe you guys should start thinking about a defense that will be losing two or three of its best players. I'm moving on to the playoffs.

Never mistake activity for accomplishment.

I'm sick of the man because the man is a thief.

Four

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:01 pm

WYCAT wrote:Yea Cardiac, I think that series showed the difference in character between these two coaches. Here is a guy who is obviously going to win the game and he is pissed a trick play failed and here is another guy who is losing the game, season over, etc. and he sees the humor and ignorance in what Booby tried to do. I liked it even more that Kramer wouldn't take the bait after the game and make a bigger deal about it. Everyone that knows football and the way it should be played knows that was wrong.
Yep, I"M PROUD TO HAVE KRAMER AS COACH. Represents the school/kids/community/fans very well. If I had the talent in high school to make it in college I would have played for that guy in a heartbeat if I had the chance to.

WYCAT
Member # Retired

Post by WYCAT » Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:02 pm

Jagur1 wrote:
Sour grapes.. Give it up. Maybe you guys should start thinking about a defense that will be losing two or three of its best players. I'm moving on to the playoffs.
If you are moving on why are you still here?

lifeloyalsigmsu
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by lifeloyalsigmsu » Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:31 pm

WYCAT wrote:Jagur1 wrote:
If you are moving on why are you still here?

I was going to ask the same question.......

"One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation." --Thomas Reed

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:07 pm

jagur1 wrote:Sour grapes.. Give it up. Maybe you guys should start thinking about a defense that will be losing two or three of its best players. I'm moving on to the playoffs.
No, it wasn't soure grapes .. it was Sour Babby Hauch. I loved his face on that one with Kramer in smiles :)

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:40 pm

http://www.helenair.com/articles/2004/1 ... 204_05.txt

Obviously even Grizzly George doesn't feel real warm and fuzzy over the sub class trick play!

2024 Resume dominance