Cat/friz Predictions

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:12 am

Both Defenses will surprise us (turnovers, three and outs, etc).

Cats 21
Griz 20

El_Gato
Member # Retired

Post by El_Gato » Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:38 am

I've been thinking about that a lot, helenacat,

We've all been talking up the offenses & bashing the D's all week; it strikes me that another 10-7 game may be in the offing...

One thing that really bothers me most about our D is the lack of turnovers; we really don't have the "knack" of taking the ball away this season. How important is it? I believe it is the BIGGEST reason the griz are 8-3 and 3rd place in the Big Sky.

(OOOPS!! That post should have waited for tomorrow night...)

Grizzlies: 2-5 when it matters most

BWahlberg
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by BWahlberg » Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:00 am

I can't speak for the cats D but in the past 2 games ours has tightened up a bunch. Against NAU I think they only kicked a feildgoal on our 1st stringers and Suc St only scored 1 TD on our 1st string and the game was already getting out of hand.

I would also be willing to bet that both coaches will want to slow the game down. Hang onto the ball with long scoring drives. Could be a lot low scoring then expected. Although a shootout would be more fun to watch for both sides.

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:07 am

Re/Max Griz wrote:I can't speak for the cats D but in the past 2 games ours has tightened up a bunch. Against NAU I think they only kicked a feildgoal on our 1st stringers and Suc St only scored 1 TD on our 1st string and the game was already getting out of hand.

I would also be willing to bet that both coaches will want to slow the game down. Hang onto the ball with long scoring drives. Could be a lot low scoring then expected. Although a shootout would be more fun to watch for both sides.
I agree the Griz defense has played better. But in no way does NAU/SAC ST. have the spread offense/weapons that MSU does though. I think it will be MUCH MORE of a challenge defending us with your young secondary than if we were more of a balanced team (like last year). You'll have upwards of 4-6 (WR/RB/TE) potential WR's running around on the field at once so its up to our OL to play tough tomorrow and give Lulay some time. If they can do that, then Lulay will put on a show like he did first half against EW and the other teams in his passing streak.

I think this whole game (assuming our defense rebound!!!!) hinges on the Griz DL -vs- our OL and vice versa on the other side. Whichever tandem of OL/DL combo plays the best this weekend will win the game. I'm telling you ... Lulay has been on fire picking out his targets if he gets 3+ seconds to scan the field. Our guys can get open.

GO OFFENSIVE LINE! LETS PUT ON A SHOW THIS WEEKEND. GIVE LULAY SOME TIME! I guarantee you if we can get good OL play early, Lulay will have that crowd silenced by the start of the 2nd quarter.

Bcat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Bcat » Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:27 am

EastcastGriz,
Sorry if I hit a nerve. I liked many of your comments and was almost convinced I was wrong on this one, right up until you took a shot a me and my post. What you failed to recognize as you incorrectly analyzed my posts was the absence of any jiz player bashing, or any “I hope the jiz loose” posts, or any hopeful predictions the jiz would loose, other than the Cat/jiz game prediction. The FACT that I am fairly new to posting to the Cat board was another key point overlooked. Other than the Cat/jiz game, if you ever notice me bashing jiz players/program, I expect you to call me out on that one, that is not my style.

As far as fan bashing, you may see some posts from me on that subject. For the record, I do realize these boards are an avenue to have some fun, and to try to stir up rivals. My opinion of unsportsman like fans is not based on board posts, but based on real life fans. As I travel around this great state wearing Cat memorabilia, I am amazed at the folks who will go out of their way to convey their dislike for the Cat program and their hopes that it fails. That is what inspired my earlier post. The heart of that issue is fans gloating at the expense of each individual injury, and how that should relate to a loss, thus the demise of the Cat program. I hope I never find joy when a player is injured. Perhaps that reveals who has played the game, and who has neverplayed. Anyone who has been taken out of play for an injury knows that awful feeling of being an athlete, sidelined due to an injury. I do not wish that on any player, Cat or Jiz! Perhaps my travels have uniquely put me in the wrong places to meet all the wrong fans to witness the unsportsman fan comments.

You were correct on one analysis of posts, the best sportsman like comments I have encountered from jiz fans towards the Cat program have been from the boards, which is the bright spot for me, and a reason why I now watch the boards and post to the boards. Nonetheless, my “fan” assessment is an area I look forward to and hope to be proven wrong in years to come. I just like football, and those who play the game, and hate to see any players or programs bashed, just for the sake of "they are not my team".

So Eastcoastgriz, I hope you to have a good game, I hope both teams execute up to their full potential without injuries. This is where we have the fun of a difference of opinion, in my mind, the Cats will come out on top if that is the scenario for the game. And if the Cats do win as I believe they will, don’t expect to see me posting any bashing directed at the jiz program or players. You seem to be a sportman like fan, that is why I took the time to post a response. I wish you the best in post season play, despite the outcome of this weekend! Enjoyed posting with you, now let's enjoy some MT football!
Last edited by Bcat on Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Eastcoastgriz
Member # Retired

Post by Eastcoastgriz » Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:07 am

El_Gato wrote:eastcoast,

I can't put my finger on exactly why, but it strikes me as a little odd that you and the coach would assume the griz players were automatically going to look past the Cats and toward a playoff game against an unknown opponent...
Who said they would automatically look past the cats???? It's not that they would look past the cats, because they wouldn't. I think most realize this is a game that could go either way. That being said, it is common for players to look down the road to see what is around the next bend. Instead of SUPRISED maybe a better adjective would have been happy to see them so focused only on this weekend’s game.

As you all no there is nothing better than having your team focused on nothing but the upcoming game.
Last edited by Eastcoastgriz on Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eastcoastgriz
Member # Retired

Post by Eastcoastgriz » Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:18 pm

Bcat wrote:EastcastGriz,
Sorry if I hit a nerve. I liked many of your comments and was almost convinced I was wrong on this one, right up until you took a shot a me and my post. What you failed to recognize as you incorrectly analyzed my posts was the absence of any jiz player bashing, or any “I hope the jiz loose” posts, or any hopeful predictions the jiz would loose, other than the Cat/jiz game prediction. The FACT that I am fairly new to posting to the Cat board was another key point overlooked. Other than the Cat/jiz game, if you ever notice me bashing jiz players/program, I expect you to call me out on that one, that is not my style.

As far as fan bashing, you may see some posts from me on that subject. For the record, I do realize these boards are an avenue to have some fun, and to try to stir up rivals. My opinion of unsportsman like fans is not based on board posts, but based on real life fans. As I travel around this great state wearing Cat memorabilia, I am amazed at the folks who will go out of their way to convey their dislike for the Cat program and their hopes that it fails. That is what inspired my earlier post. The heart of that issue is fans gloating at the expense of each individual injury, and how that should relate to a loss, thus the demise of the Cat program. I hope I never find joy when a player is injured. Perhaps that reveals who has played the game, and who has neverplayed. Anyone who has been taken out of play for an injury knows that awful feeling of being an athlete, sidelined due to an injury. I do not wish that on any player, Cat or Jiz! Perhaps my travels have uniquely put me in the wrong places to meet all the wrong fans to witness the unsportsman fan comments.

You were correct on one analysis of posts, the best sportsman like comments I have encountered from jiz fans towards the Cat program have been from the boards, which is the bright spot for me, and a reason why I now watch the boards and post to the boards. Nonetheless, my “fan” assessment is an area I look forward to and hope to be proven wrong in years to come. I just like football, and those who play the game, and hate to see any players or programs bashed, just for the sake of "they are not my team".

So Eastcoastgriz, I hope you to have a good game, I hope both teams execute up to their full potential without injuries. This is where we have the fun of a difference of opinion, in my mind, the Cats will come out on top if that is the scenario for the game. And if the Cats do win as I believe they will, don’t expect to see me posting any bashing directed at the jiz program or players. You seem to be a sportman like fan, that is why I took the time to post a response. I wish you the best in post season play, despite the outcome of this weekend! Enjoyed posting with you, now let's enjoy some MT football!
No nerve was hit. I always find it interesting when a fan says its players are more focused or they have better fans. That a team is more cocky, confident, relaxed, ect. I think you will have a had time finding a player on either team that is not total jacked about the brawl of the wild.

We all have fans who do not represent their school well.

Bcat, I didnt take a shot at you! I simpley stated I hadnt seen any post from you wishing the GRIZ well.

Enjoy the game, I know I will.

The_Bobcats_Suck
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by The_Bobcats_Suck » Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:31 pm

Griz-42
Cats-28

I see the Griz defense making the Cats offense one dimensional. We semi-contain Mr. Lulay, but he still puts up his usual numbers. The Cats kicker will miss a field goal early, causing Kramer to totally abandon any field goal attempts inside the 20. The Griz will have a short field all day, while the Cats won't. The Griz by 2 TDs is my prediction. I will be back after the game to rub it in. You can count on it.

Go Griz!!

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:36 pm

The_Bobcats_Suck wrote:Griz-42
Cats-28

I see the Griz defense making the Cats offense one dimensional. We semi-contain Mr. Lulay, but he still puts up his usual numbers. The Cats kicker will miss a field goal early, causing Kramer to totally abandon any field goal attempts inside the 20. The Griz will have a short field all day, while the Cats won't. The Griz by 2 TDs is my prediction. I will be back after the game to rub it in. You can count on it.

Go Griz!!
Ummm, no ... I doubt we'll see you after the Cats win :)

El_Gato
Member # Retired

Post by El_Gato » Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:56 pm

The_Bobcats_Suck wrote:The Cats kicker will miss a field goal early, causing Kramer to totally abandon any field goal attempts inside the 20.
This person obviously has been following the Cats fairly closely this season...

I still haven't heard any comments from Kramer on why we didn't kick the FG on 4th and 8 at the 28 against Eastern; has anyone heard an explanation??

Grizzlies: 2-5 when it matters most

profisme
Member # Retired

Post by profisme » Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:21 pm

Nobody has an explanation to my knowledge Gato. Even E.J. said that the rest of the team on the sideline was really surprised we didn't kick it. Hindsight now I guess.....

-Elias P. Harmon-

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:52 pm

profisme wrote:Nobody has an explanation to my knowledge Gato. Even E.J. said that the rest of the team on the sideline was really surprised we didn't kick it. Hindsight now I guess.....
As long as we're on the topic, and I don't mean to dwell on the past at this point in time, but why not give Lulay 4 sneaks in a row when you're on the 2? When the game is on the line you want the ball in the hands of your best player. We all know who that is! Those were the only 2 calls I querstioned all game. :D Oh well - time for a Griz Thumpin!!!
Last edited by catatac on Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

grizhatr
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by grizhatr » Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:56 pm

Catatac, are heading to Missoula? If so do you resemble your picture? I need something to reference too. I am pretty sure I will recognize GGG, since he posted a picture with no make-up on over on the other board.

Cat-theotherwhitemeat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Fri Nov 19, 2004 5:01 pm

catatac and I could be couzins. look at our mugs.

My avatar does not now, nor has in the past, depict a person of mentally challenged state. If you have a problem with it, please call the U.S. department of Bite my A$$. MTBuff/Administrator.