Cat/friz Predictions

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Wed Nov 17, 2004 6:45 pm

LongTimeCatFan wrote:So, in tradition of the last two years, and since the friz won't be hosting any playoff games, if we win, DO THE GOALPOSTS FALL? Come on who's with me?
That could get a little expensive -- not to mention lead to an ugly scene.

Here's my take -- tearing down the goalposts in your own stadium is a celebration, and the school will likely be willing to look the other way and pay for the expenses in the spirit of a good time had by the home team.

If you tear down goalposts on the road, it's vandalism, and won't likely be tolerated. Somebody will have to pay for it, and it won't likely be the home team. Also, vandalism of property in front of thousands of people who feel as though it is their property is rarely a good idea.

Just something to chew on -- not just trying to be a downer.

WYCAT
Member # Retired

Post by WYCAT » Wed Nov 17, 2004 6:47 pm

All true BAC.

Besides, I wanted to see them come down two years ago when we broke the streak but this year it isn't worthy. This isn't like Chaminade beating Georgetown. We belong with these guys and beating them should be like beating any other team in the BSC.

jagur1
Member # Retired

Post by jagur1 » Wed Nov 17, 2004 6:48 pm

Now that made me laugh WyCat. Think never could get a clue from someone and be funny.

Never mistake activity for accomplishment.

I'm sick of the man because the man is a thief.

Four

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Wed Nov 17, 2004 6:52 pm

Yes BAC you have a point, but it was vandalism last year and that didn't seem to stop them. It was also vandalism when someone painted "Go Griz" on the Bobcat field. It just adds more to the Brawl. Next time you're in Bozeman... go to the Crystal and look up.

BWahlberg
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by BWahlberg » Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:10 pm

At the 1999 Griz/Cat game when we thumped the kitties in Bozo (think I got the year right). I saw a few Griz fans try to tear down a goal post. No one got arrested but one got a fist in the face from a pissed off cat fan for climbing on the goal post. Funny thing was his friends just laughed at him for being an idiot instead of backing him up.

Bcat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Bcat » Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:37 pm

How about we get back to predictions. While last weeks game was an anger provoking event, it did exude an offense that seemed 100% comfortable, suited and efficient for Lulay, the first ½ at least. I do believe the 1st half offense was as smooth and executable as seen this year. With all that being said, does this game come down to who has the best/worse secondary? I think so. Who has the worst secondary, that one is a toss up! I don’t think it comes down to the best QB prevails, both will put up points. It comes down to who can come up with the best secondary. Unfortunately, neither side has anything to brag about with confidence in the secondary. Nonetheless, Cats prevail, jizzer trick plays gone wild:
Cats 38
Jizzers 34

Bigtime75
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Bigtime75 » Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:13 am

While I agree that the Brawl could come down to whose secondary plays worse, one thing the jizz do have going for them is that their defense has been playing MUCH better the past couple of game while our D has been playing much worse. I think both of these D's come into this game with something to prove, so I think the Brawl is going to be much closer low scoring affair than many have predicted.

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:51 am

If we can cover the friz receivers and bring pressure all day...

Cats 35 friz 24

If we run out of gas and friz receivers run free...

friz 38 cats 35

2024 Resume dominance

jagur1
Member # Retired

Post by jagur1 » Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:11 pm

Hey I know what happened to CTOWM this week. He never got past that picture of Kamber that MSlacat put up. He must be stuck in Drool mode. Might need Helenacat to go over to his work and nudge him so he doesn't miss the game. =P~

Four

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:25 pm

jagur1 wrote:Hey I know what happened to CTOWM this week. He never got past that picture of Kamber that MSlacat put up. =P~
He's not the only one!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

GO CATS GO!!!

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:29 pm

BozoneCat wrote:
jagur1 wrote:Hey I know what happened to CTOWM this week. He never got past that picture of Kamber that MSlacat put up. =P~
He's not the only one!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
There's a couple more for you guys to drool over in the pictures I finally got put up from the Cat-Griz volleyball match. Go here to see them.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Cat-theotherwhitemeat

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:52 pm

I'm right here Jag! Too busy reading and not enough time to write with all the smack going on here and on egriz. Unfortunately, not a lot of it is intelligent.

My avatar does not now, nor has in the past, depict a person of mentally challenged state. If you have a problem with it, please call the U.S. department of Bite my A$$. MTBuff/Administrator.

jagur1
Member # Retired

Post by jagur1 » Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:55 pm

I left my brain at home this week. :D

Only eating Cookie dough and Mountain Dew. :D

Four

Cat-theotherwhitemeat

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:07 pm

jagur1 wrote:I left my brain at home this week. :D

Only eating Cookie dough and Mountain Dew. :D
Mmmmmmm, cookie dough!

My avatar does not now, nor has in the past, depict a person of mentally challenged state. If you have a problem with it, please call the U.S. department of Bite my A$$. MTBuff/Administrator.

GreatLakesCat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by GreatLakesCat » Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:46 pm

Short and Sweet

CATS- 34
griz- 21

Lulay Big Sky POW

If God made me a griz fan...I'd shoot myself...

Bcat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Bcat » Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:46 am

I’m buying more into the previous short and sweet prediction, than my original post. I like the mood for this game. Jizzers are somewhat cocky, Cats are somber. From what I hear from the field house, the somberness is not totally about the last two games, but much of it directed at taking care of business and preparation for this weekend. Gotta thank the jizzer fans, despite the outcome, sounds like their unsportsman like posts(senor bashing) have fired up the seniors.
I for one still like to see both teams play well, after all, we have local MT boys playing on both teams. This is where I can not relate to the low jizzer IQ that does not support Montana programs, unless it is their own. Two good programs produce more opportunities for local MT kids, sad that the selfishness of the average jizzer fan is aimed at not supporting local athletes trying to stay in state, go figure! I guess that is a Msla thought process. Despite my thesis, I like the way this weekend is shaping up, I like the short and sweet prediction!
Last edited by Bcat on Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

BozoneCat

Post by BozoneCat » Fri Nov 19, 2004 1:17 am

Haven't you heard - our entire team is made up of evil Californians!!! 8)

GO CATS GO!!!

Eastcoastgriz
Member # Retired

Post by Eastcoastgriz » Fri Nov 19, 2004 5:51 am

Bcat wrote:I’m buying more into the previous short and sweet prediction, than my original post. I like the mood for this game. Jizzers are somewhat cocky, Cats are somber. From what I hear from the field house, the somberness is not totally about the last two games, but much of it directed at taking care of business and preparation for this weekend. Gotta thank the jizzer fans, despite the outcome, sounds like their unsportsman like posts(senor bashing) have fired up the seniors.
I for one still like to see both teams play well, after all, we have local MT boys playing on both teams. This is where I can not relate to the low jizzer IQ that does not support Montana programs, unless it is their own. Two good programs produce more opportunities for local MT kids, sad that the selfishness of the average jizzer fan is aimed at not supporting local athletes trying to stay in state, go figure! I guess that is a Msla thought process. Despite my thesis, I like the way this weekend is shaping up, I like the short and sweet prediction!
The vast majority of GRIZ fans want the cats to do well. And in fact, if you look at previous game threads you will see several posts from GRIZ fans that have supported your team.(including myself) Most want Montana teams to be successful.

I follow several boards closely. Not including this weekend, where we both wish for the other team to get creamed, there are many more post from cat fans hope for a GRIZ implosion than Griz fans hoping for a cat implosion.

You can go to this last weekend as a prime example. Griz fans wanted the cats to beast EWU.

bcat - I don’t remember any of your post from previous weeks wishing the GRIZ (and the Montana kids on the team) good luck with their game. Show me those posts.

Sad that the selfishness of the average cat fan is aimed at not supporting local athletes trying to stay in state, go figure! I guess that is a Bozo thought process.

On a side note - spoke to one of the coaches on Wednesday - He was SUPRISED how focused the team is for this weekend and their desire to have Montana bragging rights. Not one word of post season play.

GO GRIZ
Last edited by Eastcoastgriz on Fri Nov 19, 2004 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

El_Gato
Member # Retired

Post by El_Gato » Fri Nov 19, 2004 8:23 am

eastcoast,

I'm amazed that you and the coach friend you talked to were "surprised" by the griz focus.

Wouldn't you simply EXPECT that focus going into Cat/griz, especially since the griz have lost the last 2? To be surprised by this implies that YOU and the COACH WEREN'T expecting them to focus on MSU.

I can't put my finger on exactly why, but it strikes me as a little odd that you and the coach would assume the griz players were automatically going to look past the Cats and toward a playoff game against an unknown opponent...

Glad at least to see that the griz players understand what's important even if you and your coach don't.

Grizzlies: 2-5 when it matters most

BozoneCat

Post by BozoneCat » Fri Nov 19, 2004 8:43 am

Eastcoastgriz wrote:The vast majority of GRIZ fans want the cats to do well. And in fact, if you look at previous game threads you will see several posts from GRIZ fans that have supported your team.(including myself) Most want Montana teams to be successful.
I suppose that is why so many people over at efriz talked about how fun it was when 20,000 strong in Washington-Bobcat cheered when the score from the MSU-EWU game was announced?
Eastcoastgriz wrote:I follow several boards closely. Not including this weekend, where we both wish for the other team to get creamed, there are many more post from cat fans hope for a GRIZ implosion than Griz fans hoping for a cat implosion.

You can go to this last weekend as a prime example. Griz fans wanted the cats to beast EWU.
Again, while I strongly doubt that many griz fans wanted the Cats to either beat and/or beast the Eagles, the only reason many of them would wish that is so they could have a chance at an undisputed Big Sky crown.
Eastcoastgriz wrote:Sad that the selfishness of the average cat fan is aimed at not supporting local athletes trying to stay in state, go figure! I guess that is a Bozo thought process.
Whatever helps you sleep at night...

GO CATS GO!!!