Braden Zimmer commits

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Re: Braden Zimmer commits

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Thu May 09, 2024 1:17 pm

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 12:03 pm
mslacatfan wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 11:15 am
BornBobcat2000 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 10:11 am
Read a cool article on Braden yesterday. I remember watching him play basketball as a freshman for Billings Christian School, he may have even been an 8th grader playing up a year, can’t quite remember. Anyways, he was a tiny guard who could shoot the lights out, but he couldn’t have been taller than 5’7 or 5’8 at the time. I was shocked when I made the connection, and that he was now 6’7 and committed to play lineman for us of all positions lol. Sometimes these guys with late growth spurts are the best athletes because of the skill they developed when they were small. Obviously will have to put on lots of weight but I’m excited to follow him and hope he can develop into a solid player for us.

Kinda reminds me of John weidenaar. Tall athletic guy that came in pretty skinny…. After 3-4 years of adding weight he turned into a force. Hoping this is a similar situation.
I will give you the size comparison but Big John was way more talented and suited to play right away out of high school. John started 4 years in a row, I don’t see Zimmer doing that, maybe in year three he plays. I hope Zimmer develops faster and proves me wrong, would only be the millionth time that has happened to me.Zimmer’s dad is a character for those that know him. He was a softball ump for city league and the head maintenance guy for the TW and FIB buildings in downtown Billings. I used to chat with him all the time. I haven’t seen him in a few years so I don’t know if he is still doing those things.
Weidenaar wasn't really ready either. He started because they only had 5 OL on the team before converting a TE, and Weidenaar beat out Alex Eekhoff.

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers