2024 recruiting - 97 known offers - 27 known commits - 65 committed elsewhere - 5 outstanding

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Long Time Cat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Re: 2024 recruiting - 96 known offers - 27 known commits - 62 committed elsewhere - 7 outstanding

Post by Long Time Cat » Wed May 15, 2024 9:48 am

AFCAT wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 9:22 am
blueandgoldblitz wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 8:31 am
AFCAT wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 8:38 pm
Commits. I'm not sure if this is a preferred walk-on or what. I'm guessing it's preferred since he made an announcement and tagged the coaches. I'm not going to add him to the list unless there is some sort of announcement.

February 7th post by him says he was offered so I'm going to agree with you that he's a preferred walk on. What position do you think he's coming in as? I'm guessing long snapper. That way he can sit a year and take over for Tommy Sullivan in 2025.
Good question. I didn’t even notice that he was a long snapper. I just looked at his linebacker high lites. His nickname should have been ‘Slash’ since he played all over the place MLB/LS/RG/C/LT/K/ILB. Anyway, I’m betting you are correct and he will be Sullivans replacement. However, according to his Twitter profile, he is also a pretty good welder, so they may be bringing him into make some taller goal posts.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

"Confidence is contagious. So is a lack of confidence." Vince Lombardi

blueandgoldblitz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Re: 2024 recruiting - 96 known offers - 27 known commits - 62 committed elsewhere - 7 outstanding

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Wed May 15, 2024 1:55 pm

AFCAT wrote:
blueandgoldblitz wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
Commits. I'm not sure if this is a preferred walk-on or what. I'm guessing it's preferred since he made an announcement and tagged the coaches. I'm not going to add him to the list unless there is some sort of announcement.

February 7th post by him says he was offered so I'm going to agree with you that he's a preferred walk on. What position do you think he's coming in as? I'm guessing long snapper. That way he can sit a year and take over for Tommy Sullivan in 2025.
Good question. I didn’t even notice that he was a long snapper. I just looked at his linebacker high lites. His nickname should have been ‘Slash’ since he played all over the place MLB/LS/RG/C/LT/K/ILB. Anyway, I’m betting you are correct and he will be Sullivans replacement. However, according to his Twitter profile, he is also a pretty good welder, so they may be bringing him into make some taller goal posts.

You've cracked the code!!! It's about time we took the goal post situation seriously and offered a roster spot to someone to rectify it. This way we can fully unlock Bobcat Stadium!!

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Wed May 15, 2024 10:50 pm

AFCAT wrote:
blueandgoldblitz wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

Ohhh wow, that is next level snark right there. Well done! :bow: :bow:

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon May 20, 2024 10:18 pm

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Tue May 21, 2024 5:39 pm

grizzh8r wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 10:50 pm
AFCAT wrote:
blueandgoldblitz wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

Funny stuff but I think the uprights are plastic.

MSU - 16 team National Champions (most recent 2024); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Tue May 21, 2024 8:14 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 5:39 pm
grizzh8r wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
blueandgoldblitz wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

Uprights are aluminum.

This one went through the explosion and fire.

“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Tue May 21, 2024 8:44 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 8:14 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
grizzh8r wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
blueandgoldblitz wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

Uprights are aluminum.

Yeah, I don't think anybody makes a plastic or PVC goalpost. When you hear a ball hit the upright, you can hear that it's some sort of metal. Crossbar and gooseneck are often steel, but I think all uprights now are aluminum.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Tue May 21, 2024 9:03 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 8:44 pm
AFCAT wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
grizzh8r wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
blueandgoldblitz wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

Uprights are aluminum.

Yeah, I don't think anybody makes a plastic or PVC goalpost. When you hear a ball hit the upright, you can hear that it's some sort of metal. Crossbar and gooseneck are often steel, but I think all uprights now are aluminum.
Hmm, maybe. The base parts are metal, but I think the uprights are plastic now though. I recall seeing the goalposts with the uprights off and there were metal posts that the plastic goes over.

MSU - 16 team National Champions (most recent 2024); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Wed May 22, 2024 8:54 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 9:03 pm
kennethnoisewater wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 8:44 pm
AFCAT wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
grizzh8r wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
blueandgoldblitz wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

Uprights are aluminum.

Hmm, maybe. The base parts are metal, but I think the uprights are plastic now though. I recall seeing the goalposts with the uprights off and there were metal posts that the plastic goes over.
The bases are metal, then a lot of them will have uprights that can be removed and replaced or painted or whatever. But Fisher, Bison, Gared, Jaypro...none of them sell a plastic upright. They might exist, but they're not common.

thefrank1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: 2024 recruiting - 96 known offers - 27 known commits - 63 committed elsewhere - 6 outstanding

Post by thefrank1 » Wed May 22, 2024 10:50 am

Could it be a replaceable plastic sleeve that fits over the metal upright?

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Re: 2024 recruiting - 96 known offers - 27 known commits - 63 committed elsewhere - 6 outstanding

Post by TomCat88 » Wed May 22, 2024 12:41 pm

thefrank1 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 10:50 am
Could it be a replaceable plastic sleeve that fits over the metal upright?
That's what I'm thinking I saw. But I'm not 100% sure of that (or anything). Next time I'm down there I'll go take a closer look.

toM StUber

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Fri May 24, 2024 10:59 am

It looks like Declan Montez is headed to the Naval Academy. I saw a couple of announcements but nothing on his Twitter yet. Safe to say he isn't coming to MSU.
https://issa.house.gov/media/press-rele ... -academies

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Re: 2024 recruiting - 96 known offers - 27 known commits - 64 committed elsewhere - 5 outstanding

Post by AFCAT » Mon May 27, 2024 6:00 pm

I noticed Jordan Smart has deleted all his recent offers on Twitter, including MSUs. Not sure if that means he has made a decision on where he is playing his final year or if he isn’t playing football anymore. Vigen started following a couple of other WR transfers recently but I haven’t seen any offers going out to them. Anyway, time is running out on transfers coming to MSU with Fall Camp only a couple months away and Summer workouts starting soon.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Re: 2024 recruiting - 96 known offers - 27 known commits - 64 committed elsewhere - 5 outstanding

Post by AFCAT » Thu May 30, 2024 7:31 pm

Grad transfer WR. I'm starting to believe the Cats will get this guy. I noticed a couple of players are following him now.

Last edited by AFCAT on Mon Jun 03, 2024 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Re: 2024 recruiting - 97 known offers - 27 known commits - 64 committed elsewhere - 6 outstanding

Post by AFCAT » Sat Jun 01, 2024 4:12 pm