Tailgate Prices Going Up, Again

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

catscat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Tailgate Prices Going Up, Again

Post by catscat » Fri May 10, 2024 6:34 am

The thing that gets me about this whole process is that folks on BN (which I figure are some of the Cats most ardent supporters) are left wondering "am I going to get a tailgate spot?" "Am I going to get a parking spot?" "Will it be a reserved spot and how many different spots do I need to sign up for to we ensure I get one and what happens to my other requests if I get my first pick?"

I am surprised that some posters have received parking spots as I was told by the ticket office that May 17 would be the date for starting to assign parking.

I don't know a lot about the whole process, but it seems there's a lot more uncertainty than necessary.

Can't make up my mind as to which is better - 55-21 or 48-14.

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by WalkOn79 » Fri May 10, 2024 12:05 pm

Casey told me last night that everyone that had one got one, and they're now working through the waitlist as there are more spots than previous.

I'm talking about tailgate spots.

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

DMMDCats
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DMMDCats » Fri May 10, 2024 1:09 pm

WalkOn79 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 12:05 pm
Casey told me last night that everyone that had one got one, and they're now working through the waitlist as there are more spots than previous.

Tell casey they should have followed “their” process.
I never got a call, and when I inquired I was told I should have just called.

No, establish and follow the process.
Do what you say you are going to do.

Keep your word.

That’s for sure,
That’s for dang sure!

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Sat May 11, 2024 12:00 am

DMMDCats wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 1:09 pm
WalkOn79 wrote:

Keep your word.
You had a tailgate spot last year in your name and didn’t get a call? That would be a problem. You would be the first I had heard of that had a spot and didn’t so something must have gotten messed up to miss it. They did follow the process, everyone I know that had a spot got called.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

catapult
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by catapult » Sat May 11, 2024 2:42 pm

We have 6 tailgate spots in the F Lot adjacent to Kagy and had these since they opened up this area for tailgating. We never received a call either and we are in the top 350 for priority points…we were in a panic and called. It is frustrating when things don’t play out like everyone was expecting. In the end it all worked out…hopefully next year is better.

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Sat May 11, 2024 4:43 pm

catapult wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 2:42 pm
We have 6 tailgate spots in the F Lot adjacent to Kagy and had these since they opened up this area for tailgating. We never received a call either and we are in the top 350 for priority points…we were in a panic and called. It is frustrating when things don’t play out like everyone was expecting. In the end it all worked out…hopefully next year is better.
Is that the one north of Kagy, the south Fieldhouse lot out by Kagy? If so my understanding from the communications was that nothing was changing in that lot and this calls weren’t happening for that but that was just my understanding.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

RockyBearCat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by RockyBearCat » Sat May 11, 2024 11:31 pm

kmax wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 4:43 pm
catapult wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 2:42 pm
Is that the one north of Kagy, the south Fieldhouse lot out by Kagy? If so my understanding from the communications was that nothing was changing in that lot and this calls weren’t happening for that but that was just my understanding.
That is correct. That is where we are and we got an email that we weren't affected. I called and paid just for peace of mind.

MSU5U7
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by MSU5U7 » Mon May 13, 2024 9:55 am

Mrs TrackCat wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 5:15 am
I have recently spoken with the ticket office regarding game day parking. While I appreciate the help I received, I am still concerned as I navigate this new process. We used to have a reserved parking spot a few rows just west of the stadium, but gave that up a few years ago. Since that time, we have been using our complimentary parking pass in the white lot. We arrive at each game, well ahead of game time, so parking has never been a problem. Currently we are on the waitlist for a reserved spot in the south Fieldhouse parking lot as our first choice. In addition, our 2nd request for white lot parking has been added to our online account, and it appears that I need to enter the number of parking passes requested. My concern is that I don’t want to enter a request for a white lot pass until I know if we receive a reserved south Fieldhouse parking spot as I don’t want to end up with more spots than we need. However, I don’t want to end up without a parking pass at all. I did express this concern during my call to the ticket office, but was not totally confident with the answer I received. T.I.A. for any advice.
You won't need to worry about being charged for both. When I got on the waiting list for a reserved tailgate spot, I also indicated that I wanted to purchase a spot in the white lot. When they called me last week to offer a reserved tailgate spot, they asked if I still wanted a white lot spot or if I wanted to cancel that request. So, when they call you about a reserved spot, you can cancel the white lot request.

DMMDCats

Post by DMMDCats » Wed May 15, 2024 12:56 pm

kmax wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 12:00 am
DMMDCats wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 1:09 pm
WalkOn79 wrote:

Keep your word.
You had a tailgate spot last year in your name and didn’t get a call? That would be a problem. You would be the first I had heard of that had a spot and didn’t so something must have gotten messed up to miss it. They did follow the process, everyone I know that had a spot got called.
I did not get a call.

Voting with dollars this year.

My donations are significantly lower so far.

Thanks

Have a great day

That’s for sure,
That’s for dang sure!

Mrs TrackCat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Mrs TrackCat » Sat May 25, 2024 6:29 am

MSU5U7 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 9:55 am
Mrs TrackCat wrote:
I have recently spoken with the ticket office regarding game day parking. While I appreciate the help I received, I am still concerned as I navigate this new process. We used to have a reserved parking spot a few rows just west of the stadium, but gave that up a few years ago. Since that time, we have been using our complimentary parking pass in the white lot. We arrive at each game, well ahead of game time, so parking has never been a problem. Currently we are on the waitlist for a reserved spot in the south Fieldhouse parking lot as our first choice. In addition, our 2nd request for white lot parking has been added to our online account, and it appears that I need to enter the number of parking passes requested. My concern is that I don’t want to enter a request for a white lot pass until I know if we receive a reserved south Fieldhouse parking spot as I don’t want to end up with more spots than we need. However, I don’t want to end up without a parking pass at all. I did express this concern during my call to the ticket office, but was not totally confident with the answer I received. T.I.A. for any advice.
You won't need to worry about being charged for both. When I got on the waiting list for a reserved tailgate spot, I also indicated that I wanted to purchase a spot in the white lot. When they called me last week to offer a reserved tailgate spot, they asked if I still wanted a white lot spot or if I wanted to cancel that request. So, when they call you about a reserved spot, you can cancel the white lot request.
Just a heads up, mainly for those who might not closely monitor their credit card charges. When I received my reserved spot, I told the caller, that I wouldn’t need white lot parking. Also, I had indicated online previously, that I only needed one parking spot. However, yesterday I noticed my credit card had been charged for white lot parking. A quick call got the charges reversed.

aucat

Post by aucat » Sat May 25, 2024 10:23 am

My two cents on this: I have a good friend who has a tailgate spot each season. We have a nice group of friends who really enjoy gathering to enjoy food, drink, fellowship and basically have a really good time on football Saturdays and beyond. Each week a different couple/individual will be responsible for the main food item. But here's my point: this group of friends chips in money to the person who has the tailgate spot to help out with that expense. It's only the right thing to do and I would hope other folks who enjoy tailgating would do the same.

MSU5U7
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by MSU5U7 » Tue May 28, 2024 10:43 am

Mrs TrackCat wrote:
Sat May 25, 2024 6:29 am
MSU5U7 wrote:
Mrs TrackCat wrote:
Just a heads up, mainly for those who might not closely monitor their credit card charges. When I received my reserved spot, I told the caller, that I wouldn’t need white lot parking. Also, I had indicated online previously, that I only needed one parking spot. However, yesterday I noticed my credit card had been charged for white lot parking. A quick call got the charges reversed.
Thank you for the heads up. I read your post and then checked my credit card statement and sure enough, they did charge me for the white lot spot too despite my asking them to cancel the request. I just called and they reversed the charge no problem.

Mrs TrackCat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Mrs TrackCat » Tue May 28, 2024 11:22 pm

MSU5U7 wrote:
Tue May 28, 2024 10:43 am
Mrs TrackCat wrote:
Sat May 25, 2024 6:29 am
MSU5U7 wrote:
Mrs TrackCat wrote:
Thank you for the heads up. I read your post and then checked my credit card statement and sure enough, they did charge me for the white lot spot too despite my asking them to cancel the request. I just called and they reversed the charge no problem.
Thanks! Glad parking worked out in the end for you too.