MAP Brewing Co./Bobcat Collective Beer Design

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Re: MAP Brewery/Bobcat Collective Beer Design

Post by AFCAT » Thu May 09, 2024 7:32 pm

WetBreeches wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 7:16 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 2:26 pm
Sonny's Sweet Ale. Probably need the families permission for that.
Technically wouldn't need the families permission...but...technicalities and responsibilities are two different things. Once someone has passed away you can use their NIL (haha) without permissions.
You might want to research that one a bit, especially for celebrities or notable individuals, which Sonny would probably fit into.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

lutecat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by lutecat » Thu May 09, 2024 8:26 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 7:32 pm
WetBreeches wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
Technically wouldn't need the families permission...but...technicalities and responsibilities are two different things. Once someone has passed away you can use their NIL (haha) without permissions.
You might want to research that one a bit, especially for celebrities or notable individuals, which Sonny would probably fit into.
Liquid death water has a tea called armless palmer. They were sued by the estate if a former golf legend. The name will be changing to dead billionaire.

RICO CAT
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by RICO CAT » Thu May 09, 2024 9:28 pm

“OVER THEM MOUNTAINS”

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Fri May 10, 2024 9:12 am

This is awesome. The gris should do something similar! They could have one called "RTD" and it would be like a WhiteClaw N/A

Prodigal Cat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Prodigal Cat » Fri May 10, 2024 9:17 am

RICO CAT wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 9:28 pm
DONT YOU DARE DEFILE MY BELOVED PRO BREWERS RESERVE BY ASSIGNING THEM TO LOWLY ISU

Brewer/Owner Copper Furrow Brewing

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Fri May 10, 2024 9:17 am

RobertCats wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 9:12 am
This is awesome. The gris should do something similar! They could have one called "RTD" and it would be like a WhiteClaw N/A
They already do have a "Griz Lager" made by Big Sky Brewing in Missoula. MSU used to have an official beer made by Jeremiah Johnson in Great Falls (Golden Bobcat Pale Ale) but I don't believe they're producing it anymore.

lutecat

Post by lutecat » Fri May 10, 2024 9:19 am

MSU01 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 9:17 am
RobertCats wrote:
They already do have a "Griz Lager" made by Big Sky Brewing in Missoula. MSU used to have an official beer made by Jeremiah Johnson in Great Falls (Golden Bobcat Pale Ale) but I don't believe they're producing it anymore.
I think they still are. It was pretty much the only Jeremiah Johnson that sold.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Fri May 10, 2024 9:21 am

lutecat wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 9:19 am
MSU01 wrote:
RobertCats wrote:
Gotcha. It's not listed on their website but I can see how it would be a good seller! I tried it a few times and thought it was ok, but not really my cup of tea.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Fri May 10, 2024 9:24 am

MSU01 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 9:21 am
lutecat wrote:
MSU01 wrote:
RobertCats wrote:
Gotcha. It's not listed on their website but I can see how it would be a good seller! I tried it a few times and thought it was ok, but not really my cup of tea.
It was OK just quite a bit mellow for me. I still have a couple in the fridge.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Fri May 10, 2024 9:26 am

RickRund wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 9:24 am
MSU01 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 9:21 am
lutecat wrote:
MSU01 wrote:
RobertCats wrote:
It was OK just quite a bit mellow for me. I still have a couple in the fridge.
To me the "Pale Ale" name wasn't very accurate. Not very hoppy at all and I believe there's honey in it which gives it a sweet flavor.

Prodigal Cat

Post by Prodigal Cat » Fri May 10, 2024 9:28 am

MSU01 wrote:
RobertCats wrote:
Last year Jeremiah Johnson was brought on as the official beer sponsor of the Big Sky Conference. JJ recently opened in CDA and reopened the Great Northern location in Whitefish. Pure speculation but I wonder if the BSC deal had something to do with discontinuing the Bobcat Golden Ale and why they are looking for a new brewery to do a MSU branded beer. I'm sure PK, Doug and the team at MAP will knock it out of the park.

Edit to say I see this is for the collective and not the University.
Last edited by Prodigal Cat on Fri May 10, 2024 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brewer/Owner Copper Furrow Brewing

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Fri May 10, 2024 9:59 am

lutecat wrote:
MSU01 wrote:
RobertCats wrote:
Lol. Jeremiah is a good brewery. The Mountain Man Scotch is every bit as good as Coldsmoke

lutecat

Post by lutecat » Fri May 10, 2024 10:37 am

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 9:59 am
lutecat wrote:
MSU01 wrote:
RobertCats wrote:
Lol. Jeremiah is a good brewery. The Mountain Man Scotch is every bit as good as Coldsmoke
I'm not commenting on the quality of the beer. Though I would disagree with your assessment, but taste in beer is subjective.

As someone that's involved in the retail sale of beer in among other places, Bozeman, I can tell you that the only beer of their's with solid #'s was Bobcat Pale Ale. Mtn man used to but that's tapered off.

RockyBearCat

Post by RockyBearCat » Fri May 10, 2024 10:55 am

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 9:59 am
lutecat wrote:
MSU01 wrote:
RobertCats wrote:
Agreed. And great Bobcat fans. They used to bring us some Mountain Man to our tailgate which was just down from theirs. Back before you could get it anywhere but Great Falls.

RockyBearCat

Re: MAP Brewing Co./Bobcat Collective Beer Design

Post by RockyBearCat » Fri May 10, 2024 11:32 am

My submission with a little help from AI on the can design. Inspiration from the Blazing Speed we are working to expound upon after Troy, Tommy, and our new, incoming, speedy DBs. Of course the white text at the top would be MAP BREWING. Info and QR on the back for Collective...

84CatGrad

Post by 84CatGrad » Fri May 10, 2024 3:21 pm

RICO CAT wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 9:28 pm
The frizz would be something with fruit in it.

lutecat

Post by lutecat » Fri May 10, 2024 4:02 pm

RockyBearCat wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 11:32 am

My submission with a little help from AI on the can design. Inspiration from the Blazing Speed we are working to expound upon after Troy, Tommy, and our new, incoming, speedy DBs. Of course the white text at the top would be MAP BREWING. Info and QR on the back for Collective...
Good call on the QR code to go to the collective!

WetBreeches
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by WetBreeches » Fri May 10, 2024 4:08 pm

AFCAT wrote:
WetBreeches wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
My understanding is Montana does not have a law or legal precedent outlining post mortem right of publicity.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Fri May 10, 2024 4:26 pm

WetBreeches wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 4:08 pm
AFCAT wrote:
WetBreeches wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
My understanding is Montana does not have a law or legal precedent outlining post mortem right of publicity.
Maybe so, let's see it.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Sat May 11, 2024 5:24 pm

Just to make it appealing and drinkable to the broadest selection of Bobcat fans possible, I'd caution going with anything too dark/heavy and/or too hoppy. From a marketability perspective, strongly suggest NOT doing any sort of IPA. Those seem to be the most Problematic. Probably needs to be a medium bodied amber or a lager. That's all I'll say.

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl: