Old scoreboard

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Re: Old scoreboard

Post by AFCAT » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:11 am

grizzh8r wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:01 am
AFCAT wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:13 am
Team10 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:04 am
I really hope they have more speakers going up on both sides of what was just put up. Fans are gonna be pretty disappointed with the sound if that doesn't happen.
Audio system details
The new custom audio system will be installed and integrated with the video display system at Bobcat Stadium. This system will feature clear, intelligible speech for complete understanding of every call made on the field. It will also include a booming audio experience for fans to feel the music while in their seats at the stadium.
... which means we'll again see "noiseshed" letters to the editor after Gold Rush by the local sticks in the mud.

](*,)
Oh no! Letters to the newspaper.

I was going to use the f@#! them gif but I know that wouldn't fly here. :wink:

Last edited by AFCAT on Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:12 am

St George wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:59 am
AFCAT wrote:
Team10 wrote:
I really hope they have more speakers going up on both sides of what was just put up. Fans are gonna be pretty disappointed with the sound if that doesn't happen.
Audio system details
The new custom audio system will be installed and integrated with the video display system at Bobcat Stadium. This system will feature clear, intelligible speech for complete understanding of every call made on the field. It will also include a booming audio experience for fans to feel the music while in their seats at the stadium.
I hope they don't take the BOOM out of the new sound system the way they took the boom out of the cannon.
When did this happen? I still heard the cannon last season.

“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

tdub
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by tdub » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:11 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:12 am
St George wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
Team10 wrote:
Audio system details
I hope they don't take the BOOM out of the new sound system the way they took the boom out of the cannon.
A long time ago…10-15 years maybe? The cannon turned into a pop gun. Still firing, just about 25% of the impact it seemed.

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts. - Dan Gable

Team10
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Team10 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:52 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Team10 wrote:
Audio system details
Because someone put "It will also include a booming audio experience for fans to feel the music while in their seats at the stadium" in a press release is supposed to make me feel better?! ](*,) Look at the photo, see the speaker set up at the Kettlehouse Amphitheater? The venue has 28 total Martin Audio MLA 2x12 3-way speakers hanging for a venue that is CONSIDERABLE SMALLER than Bobcat Stadium. They have that many speakers for a venue that is the equivalent of the Sonny Holland endzone to the nearest 10 yard line.

From the looks of the photo of what's going in Bobcat Stadium they have 7 maybe 8 tops, Martin Audio units, for a sq footage area that is more than 5x larger than Kettlehouse. Unfortunately, I'm not holding my breath that what is being put in will satisfy the fans in the stadium that have been unhappy with the preexisting audio system since it was put in. I understand the stadium isn't a concert venue but this appears to be an underwhelming attempt at a solution.

damnyoutuesday
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by damnyoutuesday » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:39 pm

Team10 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:52 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Team10 wrote:
Audio system details
Because someone put "It will also include a booming audio experience for fans to feel the music while in their seats at the stadium" in a press release is supposed to make me feel better?! ](*,) Look at the photo, see the speaker set up at the Kettlehouse Amphitheater? The venue has 28 total Martin Audio MLA 2x12 3-way speakers hanging for a venue that is CONSIDERABLE SMALLER than Bobcat Stadium. They have that many speakers for a venue that is the equivalent of the Sonny Holland endzone to the nearest 10 yard line.

From the looks of the photo of what's going in Bobcat Stadium they have 7 maybe 8 tops, Martin Audio units, for a sq footage area that is more than 5x larger than Kettlehouse. Unfortunately, I'm not holding my breath that what is being put in will satisfy the fans in the stadium that have been unhappy with the preexisting audio system since it was put in. I understand the stadium isn't a concert venue but this appears to be an underwhelming attempt at a solution.
The Griz have their audio all in their scoreboard like we do, and updated theirs a few years ago, and it honestly sounds great. Idk why ours would sound worse. The problem was our old scoreboard had horrible speakers, not because of the lack of speakers

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:45 pm

tdub wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:11 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:12 am
St George wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
Team10 wrote:
Audio system details
A long time ago…10-15 years maybe? The cannon turned into a pop gun. Still firing, just about 25% of the impact it seemed.
Hmmm. Well then I sure as hell would not have been anywhere near that think back then. It is VERY loud now if you're down close to it. There are a few of us that watch parts of the games from the grassy SRO area down there and I think some of us have hearing damage due to that cannon.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:53 pm

Team10 wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
Team10 wrote:
Audio system details

Okay, you’re right, it’s probably going to be a mess and not at all what the Cats say it will be. Damn, my season is already ruined. :roll:

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:08 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:53 pm
Team10 wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
Team10 wrote:
Audio system details

Okay, you’re right, it’s probably going to be a mess and not at all what the Cats say it will be. Damn, my season is already ruined. :roll:
Offseason....

Let's talk about how terrible the speakers are going to be before the speakers are installed. And definitely before any of us hear the speakers. 8)

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:18 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:08 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Team10 wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
Team10 wrote:
Audio system details

Offseason....

Let's talk about how terrible the speakers are going to be before the speakers are installed. And definitely before any of us hear the speakers. 8)
NO DOUBT! LOL. And that damn cannon (that gave me tinnitus last Fall that I still have) has gone from being loud to turning into a pop gun. :)

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:23 pm

I don't remember if this was discussed a while back or not but along with installing real speakers into the new scoreboard, are they also going to install speakers in the other endzone (the one where people actually sit)?

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:55 pm

Team10 wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
Team10 wrote:
Audio system details

:lol:

Hating the griz since 02.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:01 pm

Team10 wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
Team10 wrote:
Audio system details

I am guessing that MSU is using professionals experienced with similar venues for the sound system and not just buying the stuff at Radio Shack. Maybe you should give the folks at MSU a chance before $hitting all over the upgrade.

Long Time Cat

Post by Long Time Cat » Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:27 pm

Team10 wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
Team10 wrote:
Audio system details

Please call the waambulance. The number is nine whine whine 🤣

"Confidence is contagious. So is a lack of confidence." Vince Lombardi

tdub

Post by tdub » Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:42 pm

catatac wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:18 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
Team10 wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
Team10 wrote:
Audio system details

Offseason....

NO DOUBT! LOL. And that damn cannon (that gave me tinnitus last Fall that I still have) has gone from being loud to turning into a pop gun. :)
That’s just what I recall about the question on the cannon, mostly from this site from way back when. I must sit far enough from it that I don’t hardly even notice it. But maybe it’s that the stadium is just that much louder now so it drowns it out further away. 🤷‍♂️

Or maybe it was actually from MSU Sports Info back in 2011….
https://bobcatnation.com/bobcatbb/view ... se#p354220

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts. - Dan Gable

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by GoCats18 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:43 pm

They could install 100 JBL portable speakers and it would sound better than the old system. I’m excited for all new stuff and I’m sure it won’t disappoint.

Punters are people too!!

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:07 pm

I went by the stadium and got a photo of the guy installing the new sound system.

lutecat

Post by lutecat » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:47 am

tdub wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:42 pm
catatac wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:18 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
Team10 wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
Team10 wrote:
Audio system details

Offseason....

That’s just what I recall about the question on the cannon, mostly from this site from way back when. I must sit far enough from it that I don’t hardly even notice it. But maybe it’s that the stadium is just that much louder now so it drowns it out further away. 🤷‍♂️

Or maybe it was actually from MSU Sports Info back in 2011….
https://bobcatnation.com/bobcatbb/view ... se#p354220
Wasn't at one point there something about veterans and PTSD being a reason for the softer shells?

And I'm almost positive when the new end zone went up the sound was clear and nice for a year. Then it was worse. Maybe that's from quality. I thought it was from complaints.

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:52 am

lutecat wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:47 am
Wasn't at one point there something about veterans and PTSD being a reason for the softer shells?

And I'm almost positive when the new end zone went up the sound was clear and nice for a year. Then it was worse. Maybe that's from quality. I thought it was from complaints.
Yeah that's what I thought I remembered too. I do recall the PTSD conversation on here, and I definitely remember the complaints from some of the older folks, saying the music was too loud so they didn't turn it up anywhere near what it was capable of at first. I've wondered if the stadium just got louder and they turned it up, or if the speakers blew just because they were old, or what happened.

St George
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by St George » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:34 am

Noise shed bull crap shed. I am an old codger and I live about a mile and half away from the local high school of 1500 students. On game nights I can tell there is a game going on. Does it bother me, no. In my 44 years since I got my degree from Montana State I have never thought the music or cannon was too loud. The only loud music was from the dorm room next to mine that seemed louder than the sound system in Bobcat Stadium. Turn it up and Go Cats!

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:52 am

I am 77 and follow the old adage, if it is too loud you're too old...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.