Does it feel like the 90s?

The place to talk smack with those not fortunate enough to be Bobcat fans.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

hilinegrizfan
BobcatNation Redshirt

Re: Does it feel like the 90s?

Post by hilinegrizfan » Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:48 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:28 pm
hilinegrizfan wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:20 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:45 pm
In defense, ESGGCG should be reserved for one game a year. And no, it isn’t just the college kids. Personally, I’d love to see us grow out of doing it at every single game.
This guy gets it… definitely not just the students. And the fact you were doing it at the NDSU game and then lost just makes it even more pathetic. I was rooting for the cats until I could hear that over the broadcast. I will say it was rather enjoyable playing money money when we absolutely destroyed you guys though. The difference is we only do it to troll you idiots who chant that at every game. Like seriously though can anyone explain while you are chanting eat ahit grizzlies while you are playing the bison? Specially after the grizzlies just dismantled you for the big sky championship? Then on top of that you don’t even win the game? LOL
It seems that you are hurt deeply by the phrase. I'll ask that the Cat fans try and think about your feelings when they want to use that phrase in the future.
LOL talking about feelings when one poster comes over here to talk a little smack ya'll can't handle it. SNOWFLAKES

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:53 pm

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
In defense, ESGGCG should be reserved for one game a year. And no, it isn’t just the college kids. Personally, I’d love to see us grow out of doing it at every single game.
I can’t stand it, have never participated in it, but the student section is never going to stop doing it and it does show how special the in-state rivalry is in such a large state with isolated pockets of population centers.

As for this thread, just as some Bobcats, some Gris fans are assholes, always have been, have very little else going on in their lives, and it’s better letting them feel superior on a message board than taking out frustrations of their life on people in the real world.

I do tend to assume the fans who post these threads on opponent boards only affiliation to either school is whatever team gear they get as a XMas from WalMart or possibly Scheel’s.

Also, as the self-proclaimed daughter of a special needs child, @hilinegrizfan, your posts seems just out of place for some reason compared to the angry guys posting here.
Last edited by PapaG on Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

Griznationalist
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Griznationalist » Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:55 pm

Two observations:

(1.) This thread could arguably belong in the smack talk section rather than the Bobcat football section.

(2.) I have always failed to grasp how the ESGGCG chant reflects positively on MSU, especially when I’ve seen toddler children say the chant verbatim and the Bobcat parents thought it was cute. It doesn’t offend me. It just intrigues me.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:56 pm

hilinegrizfan wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:48 pm
AFCAT wrote:
hilinegrizfan wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
This guy gets it… definitely not just the students. And the fact you were doing it at the NDSU game and then lost just makes it even more pathetic. I was rooting for the cats until I could hear that over the broadcast. I will say it was rather enjoyable playing money money when we absolutely destroyed you guys though. The difference is we only do it to troll you idiots who chant that at every game. Like seriously though can anyone explain while you are chanting eat ahit grizzlies while you are playing the bison? Specially after the grizzlies just dismantled you for the big sky championship? Then on top of that you don’t even win the game? LOL
It seems that you are hurt deeply by the phrase. I'll ask that the Cat fans try and think about your feelings when they want to use that phrase in the future.
LOL talking about feelings when one poster comes over here to talk a little smack ya'll can't handle it. SNOWFLAKES
Uh, you are the one whining about a phrase that hurts your feelings, Sweetie. We will try to do better in the future, now go to bed and sleep tight.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:03 pm

Griznationalist wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:55 pm
Two observations:

(1.) This thread could arguably belong in the smack talk section rather than the Bobcat football section.

(2.) I have always failed to grasp how the ESGGCG chant reflects positively on MSU, especially when I’ve seen toddler children say the chant verbatim and the Bobcat parents thought it was cute. It doesn’t offend me. It just intrigues me.
Probably the same way gris fans chant "FTC." How does that reflect positively on UM? Nobody really cares about the chants except some of the local fan bases that take it as some sort of a personal insult, when it's really just done in fun. ESG GCG has been around for at least 45 years. Nobody really cared about the chant until now, it seems.

“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:04 pm

PapaG wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:53 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
I can’t stand it, have never participated in it, but the student section is never going to stop doing it and it does show how special the in-state rivalry is in such a large state with isolated pockets of population centers.
I'm with you. I personally think it should be gone, or at the very least reserved for college kids. But this thread is proof it gets under their skin, and knowing how much it triggers them is why it'll never stop. For crying out loud, it's a rivalry.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:05 pm

Griznationalist wrote:
Two observations:

I think it’s stupid and to some degree an embarrassment as an MSU graduate, but there’s nothing I can do about it other than not participate and that goes back to my attendance in the 1990s. Even back then as a student and then graduate at the games I wasn’t going to tell other people what to say.
Last edited by PapaG on Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

What a ride

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:05 pm

Griznationalist wrote:
Two observations:

"I'm not mad, I just think it's funny". "Do whatever you want, I don't care". Passive aggressive anger all looks similar.

hilinegrizfan
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by hilinegrizfan » Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:09 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:56 pm
hilinegrizfan wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
hilinegrizfan wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Uh, you are the one whining about a phrase that hurts your feelings, Sweetie. We will try to do better in the future, now go to bed and sleep tight.
That’s what’s so funny…. You think it hurts griz fans feelings saying that stupid chant when you play other teams…LOL! You guys think it’s like this amazing thing that is really cool and sticks it to the griz. In reality it just makes you look pathetic. It’s just not a good look. it reeks of inferiority complex-as many bobcat posters agree. Saying it when your playing the griz at least makes sense! Trust me- absolutely not one single griz fan gets their feelings hurt when you chant that when playing other teams. Chant it after you kick our ass and maybe it would sting a bit! The lack of self awareness is glaring

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:13 pm

hilinegrizfan wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:09 pm
AFCAT wrote:
hilinegrizfan wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
hilinegrizfan wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
That’s what’s so funny…. You think it hurts griz fans feelings saying that stupid chant when you play other teams…LOL! You guys think it’s like this amazing thing that is really cool and sticks it to the griz. In reality it just makes you look pathetic. It’s just not a good look. it reeks of inferiority complex-as many bobcat posters agree. Saying it when your playing the griz at least makes sense! Trust me- absolutely not one single griz fan gets their feelings hurt when you chant that when playing other teams. Chant it after you kick our ass and maybe it would sting a bit! The lack of self awareness is glaring
You coming on here and writing long paragraphs about this and claiming you aren't bothered by it just proves that it does hurt your feelings. After all, if it just makes the Cat fan look pathetic and reeks of inferiority, then why would you want so badly to make them stop? Now, I told you the Cat fans would try to do better in the future, now go take a nap.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:14 pm

hilinegrizfan wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
hilinegrizfan wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
hilinegrizfan wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
This isn’t meant to be anything other than concern because my sis-in-law’s sister deals with it as another Special Needs parent.

How is your daughter doing? I recall you mentioning at one point you had a daughter with Special Needs.
Last edited by PapaG on Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

What a ride

Griznationalist

Post by Griznationalist » Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:19 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:03 pm
Griznationalist wrote:
Two observations:

Probably the same way gris fans chant "FTC." How does that reflect positively on UM? Nobody really cares about the chants except some of the local fan bases that take it as some sort of a personal insult, when it's really just done in fun. ESG GCG has been around for at least 45 years. Nobody really cared about the chant until now, it seems.
The student sections in both venues can be counted on to bark FTG and FTC back and forth. The ESGGCG chant, however, is different. The fact that toddlers and senior citizens alike engage in it during a game between MSU and NDSU is a different tradition that suggests the Griz live in the Bobcat mind rent-free? Maybe the Cat place kicker was even distracted by it?

hilinegrizfan
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by hilinegrizfan » Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:23 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:13 pm
hilinegrizfan wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
hilinegrizfan wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
hilinegrizfan wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
You coming on here and writing long paragraphs about this and claiming you aren't bothered by it just proves that it does hurt your feelings. After all, if it just makes the Cat fan look pathetic and reeks of inferiority, then why would you want so badly to make them stop? Now, I told you the Cat fans would try to do better in the future, now go take a nap.
Not sure your what your typing level is but it took me about 30 seconds to post… I got time to kill at my desk job so it’s no skin off my back… and when exactly did I mention I want so badly for it to stop?! Your own posters said they wanted it to end. Never stop! It’s so cool and doesn’t at all reflect poorly on your fanbase! LOL.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:34 pm

Griznationalist wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:19 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Griznationalist wrote:
Two observations:

The student sections in both venues can be counted on to bark FTG and FTC back and forth. The ESGGCG chant, however, is different. The fact that toddlers and senior citizens alike engage in it during a game between MSU and NDSU is a different tradition that suggests the Griz live in the Bobcat mind rent-free? Maybe the Cat place kicker was even distracted by it?
Oh, I don't know. I've heard FTC on the TV broadcast. Considering that you are here commenting numerous times on the chant, it seems the Cats are living rent free in your head. I'm not of your gris fan board commenting on any issue, let alone being upset at a harmless chant.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:36 pm

hilinegrizfan wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:23 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:13 pm
hilinegrizfan wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
hilinegrizfan wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
hilinegrizfan wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Not sure your what your typing level is but it took me about 30 seconds to post… I got time to kill at my desk job so it’s no skin off my back… and when exactly did I mention I want so badly for it to stop?! Your own posters said they wanted it to end. Never stop! It’s so cool and doesn’t at all reflect poorly on your fanbase! LOL.
Oh, c'mon, we know you don't have a job. Thanks for asking us to keep on saying the chant. Since we know it doesn't upset you, you won't be back on here commenting on the chant that doesn't upset you. Right?

Griznationalist

Post by Griznationalist » Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:41 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:34 pm
Griznationalist wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
Griznationalist wrote:
Two observations:

Oh, I don't know. I've heard FTC on the TV broadcast. Considering that you are here commenting numerous times on the chant, it seems the Cats are living rent free in your head. I'm not of your gris fan board commenting on any issue, let alone being upset at a harmless chant.
I don’t mind it. I just think it’s interesting that in a game against the Bison, the Cat fans cheer against the Griz. Juxtapose that with how a guy named Kramer describes fans who focus on their actual opponent: https://fb.watch/oK6ZifW0Sv/?

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:52 pm

Griznationalist wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:41 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Griznationalist wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
Griznationalist wrote:
Two observations:

I don’t mind it. I just think it’s interesting that in a game against the Bison, the Cat fans cheer against the Griz. Juxtapose that with how a guy named Kramer describes fans who focus on their actual opponent: https://fb.watch/oK6ZifW0Sv/?
It seems like you do care though and are upset with the chant. You have posted here on this subject multiple times now. I know, you really are just intrigued and concerned for the children and the elderly folks and how BN is perceived in the rest of the sporting world. That's so nice of you to be concerned and want to teach BN fans how to be fans, but we can work this all out on our own. Thanks for the help though. Your concern is noted.

Au Blue

Post by Au Blue » Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:54 pm

hilinegrizfan wrote:
And the fact you were doing it at the NDSU game and then lost just makes it even more pathetic. I was rooting for the cats until I could hear that over the broadcast.
Snowflake

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:55 pm

Doesn't seem to be hurting MSU in any way shape or form.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Griznationalist

Post by Griznationalist » Mon Dec 04, 2023 6:00 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:52 pm
Griznationalist wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:41 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Griznationalist wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
Griznationalist wrote:
Two observations:

It seems like you do care though and are upset with the chant. You have posted here on this subject multiple times now. I know, you really are just intrigued and concerned for the children and the elderly folks and how BN is perceived in the rest of the sporting world. That's so nice of you to be concerned and want to teach BN fans how to be fans, but we can work this all out on our own. Thanks for the help though. Your concern is noted.
:) This is all in good fun. I said in a different thread that the game-day experience in Bozeman is second to none and I mean it. Most FCS programs in the nation would give a piece of their reproductive anatomy to have what the Cats have. We are all Montanans. I wish my Bobcat friends wellness and a merry Christmas.