For Paytonlives

The place to talk smack with those not fortunate enough to be Bobcat fans.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Mrs TrackCat
BobcatNation Letterman

For Paytonlives

Post by Mrs TrackCat » Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:03 am

Since I can’t log in on eGriz for some reason, here is a message for one of the eGriz moderators in case he reads Bobcat Nation. One of the roles of a moderator, is to remain a neutral party. Paytonlives, I have observed your comments on eGriz for a long time, and you have been nothing such. Recently, Paytonlives posted a thread on eGriz, which is titled, “Dear kitten fans part 2.” Paytonlives indicates that he is not giving Cat fans anymore warnings to quit being asshats. Also, appearing at the bottom of every post that Paytonlives makes, there is a Bobby Hauck quote which came after the Griz beat the Cats in 2008. The quote reads, “I wish there were 5 quarters in this game, so we could kick their asses some more!” Neither fan base is innocent of carrying the rivalry too far at times, but Paytonlives, please practice what you preach!

msuhunter
Member # Retired

Re: For Paytonlives

Post by msuhunter » Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:27 am

It’s incredible the lack of hubris that fan base has after receiving and absolute thumping. You would think they are undefeated with a 1 seed going into the playoffs. Such an arrogant bunch of asshats they are.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:32 am

Mrs TrackCat wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:03 am
Since I can’t log in on eGriz for some reason, here is a message for one of the eGriz moderators in case he reads Bobcat Nation. One of the roles of a moderator, is to remain a neutral party. Paytonlives, I have observed your comments on eGriz for a long time, and you have been nothing such. Recently, Paytonlives posted a thread on eGriz, which is titled, “Dear kitten fans part 2.” Paytonlives indicates that he is not giving Cat fans anymore warnings to quit being asshats. Also, appearing at the bottom of every post that Paytonlives makes, there is a Bobby Hauck quote which came after the Griz beat the Cats in 2008. The quote reads, “I wish there were 5 quarters in this game, so we could kick their asses some more!” Neither fan base is innocent of carrying the rivalry too far at times, but Paytonlives, please practice what you preach!
I don't think it's his job to remain neutral. It's his site to do whatever he wants. I'm sure he is a douche from what I've heard but he doesn't owe MSU fans anything, or anybody else for that matter.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:42 am

91catAlum wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:32 am
Mrs TrackCat wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:03 am
I don't think it's his job to remain neutral. It's his site to do whatever he wants. I'm sure he is a douche from what I've heard but he doesn't owe MSU fans anything, or anybody else for that matter.
Yeah, he can run that place however he wants to. We can all make the choice to stop participating, a choice I made many years ago and have never looked back. No need to put myself in the midst of the monkeys flinging poop at each other, because all that can happen is me getting hit by it.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:45 am

msuhunter wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:27 am
It’s incredible the lack of hubris that fan base has after receiving and absolute thumping. You would think they are undefeated with a 1 seed going into the playoffs. Such an arrogant bunch of asshats they are.
I can see why they think that they can make a run. They should win tonight and this is as vulnerable as I’ve seen NDSU look in over a decade. They almost beat SAC OTR with now third string qb. Other upsets could make the path easier for them. Idaho could beat Samford. They match up well against a lot of these teams.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:45 am

HookedonGris is guilty of posting a comment on a topic that recently got some folks a timeout over there too. In one of the threads a comment was made about the gris being dominated and HoG says “oh no, you’ve got your mother involved in all of this again? No whips this time!!”

I know that there’s some real turds that troll over there and I also know that some of those folks just post crap to incite bedlam. The same happens here.

I am extremely grateful that even though there are disagreements here on BN, we’ll all get along at the end of the day. Over there, it’s cannibalism.

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

DMMDCats
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DMMDCats » Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:54 am

He’s a hypocrite.

Just like suckerburg and mask, et al.

Who cares, best advice is to ignore it.

Who cares what lil bros maroon headed step brother does.

If you really care, complain to his advertisers. In our mammon culture, it’s the only thing that works.

SEMO rolls tonight. Enjoy it.

Have a wonderful day!!

rivercat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by rivercat » Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:49 am

Egris is his site, he can run it the way he wants. Egris has devolved into adolescent jokes and petty pissing matches between a relative few posters. Most of the knowledgeable posters left years ago.

And some of the Bobcat fans that do post there act like asshats.

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:28 am

rivercat wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:49 am
Egris is his site, he can run it the way he wants. Egris has devolved into adolescent jokes and petty pissing matches between a relative few posters. Most of the knowledgeable posters left years ago.

This is exactly right. There’s always gonna be some smack and some jabs. No different on this board. But there are dudes going over there for no other purpose than to start a bunch of crap threads and ruin existing ones. I assume mods here would do the same thing.

That said, I do find it funny. When griz were dominating we had to deal with similar idiots over here non stop. Mods finally got sick of it and began locking threads and banning posters. They all whined on egriz about how soft this place was and how we needed a safe place and what babies we were, etc. Now the shoe appears to be on the other foot and they seem just as annoyed as we were back then. It’s all pretty funny

Smellycat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Smellycat » Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:51 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:28 am
rivercat wrote:

This is exactly right. There’s always gonna be some smack and some jabs. No different on this board. But there are dudes going over there for no other purpose than to start a bunch of crap threads and ruin existing ones. I assume mods here would do the same thing.

That said, I do find it funny. When griz were dominating we had to deal with similar idiots over here non stop. Mods finally got sick of it and began locking threads and banning posters. They all whined on egriz about how soft this place was and how we needed a safe place and what babies we were, etc. Now the shoe appears to be on the other foot and they seem just as annoyed as we were back then. It’s all pretty funny
Agreed! Paytonlives is a Griz fan first and foremost, as he should be & he's a good dude, just a little misguided! He booted a couple of Cat trolls who needed to be booted. He could easily boot 5 Griz trolls for the same crap, but won't. So be it, it's their site after all. I don't think he's getting much assistance from the other mods over there, if any, so cut him some slack - what a ******-show job. Egriz can be a cesspool - like 95% of the time, but there's a couple of threads that are good reading over there & outside of mthoopster-playerrep trying to derail them, they've held up for a few days now.

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:56 am

I got band for laughing face emojis in that thread. Talk about a delicate flower.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:07 pm

luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:56 am
I got band for laughing face emojis in that thread. Talk about a delicate flower.
I also got band for a laughing emoji.

Mosey cue
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Mosey cue » Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:10 pm

They can dish it out for years, but can’t take it, so the mod needs to step in. It is always easy when you are at the top of your game; football, basketball, The University. Now they have fallen. Myself and my two kids attended UND, and lived in Fargo for 25 years, before moving back to Montana. My wife and family are Griz, terrible fan base, but nothing compared to NDSU. The difference is NDSU is a true dynasty in D2 and FCS, they have earned the right to be arrogant.

Yes it is their forum, but the name of of the thread most used is “Griz Football and the FCS”. With a title like that it includes everything FCS, good or bad for the Griz.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:20 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:07 pm
luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:56 am
I also got band for a laughing emoji.
That’s crazy. I had a poster over there call me out for using one last night! I never knew that was a thing. Of all the things to get worked up about, using an emoji provided by the site seems pretty odd. :-k

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:30 pm

Smellycat wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:51 am
ilovethecats wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:28 am
rivercat wrote:

Agreed! Paytonlives is a Griz fan first and foremost, as he should be & he's a good dude, just a little misguided! He booted a couple of Cat trolls who needed to be booted. He could easily boot 5 Griz trolls for the same crap, but won't. So be it, it's their site after all. I don't think he's getting much assistance from the other mods over there, if any, so cut him some slack - what a ****** job. Egriz can be a cesspool - like 95% of the time, but there's a couple of threads that are good reading over there & outside of mthoopster-playerrep trying to derail them, they've held up for a few days now.
I don’t know Peyton, but his antics on BN posting as GoScatsGo tell me he is a total hypocrite and douche troll. Not interested in contributing at BN, only interested in trolling.

As for egriz, I was checking out the site last Sunday to see what they were saying about Hauck. One poster made a great observation that all the good posters have been run off by turds like Hooked, Playerrep and CDA to just make a few. The guy seemed pretty knowledgeable but took a negative view in Hauck. That place went after him like wolves on raw meat. Hooked said he has posted less than 10 times so couldn’t be knowledgeable. Huh??? Is that a requirement to be knowledgeable about a football team. Payton said NOTHING. That place is not a true fan board. It is a bunch of internet bullies with a twisted sense of how important the Gris are.

Utcatsfan
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Utcatsfan » Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:33 pm

Simple thing is dont be jackasses over there and Griz fans quit being Jackasses over here. Yeah we're rivals but end of the day I want the State of Montana to do well. Should be rooting for each other until we face off again, THEN the gloves can come off.

Granted won't downplay that yes there is Hypocrisy and toxicity over there, and frankly don't understand the Hauk worship. But it's literally an internet forum, unfortunately the bad goes along with the good.

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:47 pm

Utcatsfan wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:33 pm
Simple thing is dont be jackasses over there and Griz fans quit being Jackasses over here. Yeah we're rivals but end of the day I want the State of Montana to do well. Should be rooting for each other until we face off again, THEN the gloves can come off.

Granted won't downplay that yes there is Hypocrisy and toxicity over there, and frankly don't understand the Hauk worship. But it's literally an internet forum, unfortunately the bad goes along with the good.
I won't go that far. I might pull for a couple Montana kids, but what's good for one school is generally bad for the other one. I won't pull for them, but my doctor doesn't want me doing anything that raises my blood pressure, so I just stay off egris. You should try it...it feels good!

Lord Vigo
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Lord Vigo » Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:52 pm

This whole thread is embarrassing.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:11 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:45 am
msuhunter wrote:
I can see why they think that they can make a run. They should win tonight and this is as vulnerable as I’ve seen NDSU look in over a decade. They almost beat SAC OTR with now third string qb. Other upsets could make the path easier for them. Idaho could beat Samford. They match up well against a lot of these teams.
They 1000% do not match up well against NDSU.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:41 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:11 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:45 am
msuhunter wrote:
They 1000% do not match up well against NDSU.
The only thing they’re hanging their hat on is NDSU is a “traditional” running team and not +1 like the Cats killed them with. That will be the new mantra. Their D is still really elite, but just not against the +1. Thus they should ****** down the Bison.

I think NDSU runs all over them.