I just can't help myself.....

The place to talk smack with those not fortunate enough to be Bobcat fans.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Bobcat Sig
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: I just can't help myself.....

Post by Bobcat Sig » Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:01 pm

What a petty and toxic thread.

griz fans; keeping it classy and gracious in winning since ... well, never.

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:03 pm

Bobcat Sig wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:01 pm
Ahh, isn’t it awful! You’ll be alright.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:08 pm

I come here to see if there are any updates on a couple injuries following one of the biggest wins in Bobcat history and I find this garbage. Come on @kmax. What value does this bring to the forum?

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:19 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:08 pm
I come here to see if there are any updates on a couple injuries following one of the biggest wins in Bobcat history and I find this garbage. Come on @kmax. What value does this bring to the forum?
Yeah cmon Kmax! Allow these guys to call people dumbasses but when they are proven wrong censor anyone that points out what THEY posted.

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:31 pm

utucats wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:19 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Yeah cmon Kmax! Allow these guys to call people dumbasses but when they are proven wrong censor anyone that points out what THEY posted.
Actually, if any site admins wanna pull this thread go right on ahead. We certainly don’t want to hurt the fragile egos of a few.

90% on here are good folks who can take a little grief. Unfortunately not all.

I don’t want to put anybody in jam to decide what can be posted and what can’t so just give them their way and delete it.

rivercat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by rivercat » Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:34 pm

Yay, it worked :D

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

Lord Vigo
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Lord Vigo » Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:36 pm

utucats wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
I just love it when people are on brand.

Sohedges
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Sohedges » Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:40 pm

utucats wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:03 pm
Bobcat Sig wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:01 pm
Ahh, isn’t it awful! You’ll be alright.
I really dig your work man, right on =D^

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:41 pm

utucats wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
What is wrong with you? How much time did you go searching the archives for quotes of people that have disagreed with you? That is just creepy. Very strange and you should probably talk to a doctor about some possible mental affliction you might be struggling with. Maybe Vigo can join you.

BTW, I saw a lot of people disagree with you in a reasonable way, but you want to make it personal with EVERYONE! This isn’t just about people who called you a name.

Lastly, I have seen a number of posters say that every person is entitled to their own opinions. Does that not apply if they disagree with the allmighty UTU?

And please don’t get all riled up. I mean it is a little fried that 90% of BN can handle.

Sohedges
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Sohedges » Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:47 pm

utucats wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:10 pm
PapaG wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 5:01 pm
I still don’t think Mellott is a complete QB but he’s clearly the best option available. I didn’t think he was ready to play in Cheney. Neither did Vigen.

Will be interesting to see how performs against the SDSU zone coverage scene instead of the man-to-man Cover Zero that SHSU played.

Congrats on putting in the effort for this “told your so” post, I guess? Feel better about yourself?
One last retort for my pal Papa…

Your response to this thread was fairly measured and I’m proud of you for that but I don’t appreciate you giving me grief about the effort in putting this thread together.

My response would be that some have obviously never put together an “I told you so” thread at a championship level. I have. You haven’t. 😉
This!!! Your are on a roll, a master craftsman at work. This is required reading people =D^

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:53 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:41 pm
utucats wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
What is wrong with you? How much time did you go searching the archives for quotes of people that have disagreed with you? That is just creepy. Very strange and you should probably talk to a doctor about some possible mental affliction you might be struggling with. Maybe Vigo can join you.

BTW, I saw a lot of people disagree with you in a reasonable way, but you want to make it personal with EVERYONE! This isn’t just about people who called you a name.

Lastly, I have seen a number of posters say that every person is entitled to their own opinions. Does that not apply if they disagree with the allmighty UTU?

And please don’t get all riled up. I mean it is a little fried that 90% of BN can handle.
The almighty UTU! I like that.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions and I enjoy the debate. I’ll admit that some comments I added were from reasonable posters but they were just so wrong that it seemed funny to add them. Read thru the thread, it was some good natured ribbing until you got offended.

I did spend to much time on this but the quotes from just a couple threads not much searching. I’m hungover and still celebrating our Cats big W. Not much to consume news wise so I looked at some old posts, thought they aged perfectly and thought I’d share. I hope your feelings will heal.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:54 pm

I don't have any regrets about my inability to see the future based on nothing more than hope (and an unhealthy desire to argue with people).

I never saw Tommy doing this well this soon. I always thought it could happen in the future but based on his level of involvement in the offense during the regular season there was just no realistic reason to see it this year. It's been a great two weeks and I'm looking forward to continued growth next week.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:57 pm

Sohedges wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:47 pm
utucats wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:10 pm
PapaG wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 5:01 pm
I still don’t think Mellott is a complete QB but he’s clearly the best option available. I didn’t think he was ready to play in Cheney. Neither did Vigen.

Will be interesting to see how performs against the SDSU zone coverage scene instead of the man-to-man Cover Zero that SHSU played.

Congrats on putting in the effort for this “told your so” post, I guess? Feel better about yourself?
One last retort for my pal Papa…

Your response to this thread was fairly measured and I’m proud of you for that but I don’t appreciate you giving me grief about the effort in putting this thread together.

My response would be that some have obviously never put together an “I told you so” thread at a championship level. I have. You haven’t. 😉
This!!! Your are on a roll, a master craftsman at work. This is required reading people =D^
Appreciate the support but I’m really just a smart ass with some time on his hands.

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:05 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:54 pm
I don't have any regrets about my inability to see the future based on nothing more than hope (and an unhealthy desire to argue with people).

I never saw Tommy doing this well this soon. I always thought it could happen in the future but based on his level of involvement in the offense during the regular season there was just no realistic reason to see it this year. It's been a great two weeks and I'm looking forward to continued growth next week.
You shouldn’t have any regrets but you like to make assumptions. You assume that Tommy was gaining traction based off nothing more than hope, you assumed that the only reason anyone supported him was because he was from Montana and you assumed that he was a smaller/slower Troy. None of those were accurate. He’s a great QB and he’s proven that every time he’s been given an opportunity.

The desire to argue with people being unhealthy, well you may be on to something there.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:43 pm

utucats wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:53 pm
Cataholic wrote:
utucats wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

Everyone is entitled to their opinions and I enjoy the debate. I’ll admit that some comments I added were from reasonable posters but they were just so wrong that it seemed funny to add them. Read thru the thread, it was some good natured ribbing until you got offended.

I did spend to much time on this but the quotes from just a couple threads not much searching. I’m hungover and still celebrating our Cats big W. Not much to consume news wise so I looked at some old posts, thought they aged perfectly and thought I’d share. I hope your feelings will heal.
You think you are being funny, but you are just being an ass. I thought your personal attacks on a 20 year old MSU student were wrong. And yes they are personal when you call a kid a “whiny little bitch”. Calling kids such names and degrading them without knowing all the facts has become a regular occurrence here.

I have been one of Tommy’s biggest supporter’s from day one - way before you. This thread isn’t about Tommy and his abilities. This thread is all about you.

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:07 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Nobody is forcing you to read this thread buddy. You made that choice.

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:08 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:43 pm
utucats wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:53 pm
Cataholic wrote:
utucats wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

You think you are being funny, but you are just being an ass. I thought your personal attacks on a 20 year old MSU student were wrong. And yes they are personal when you call a kid a “whiny little bitch”. Calling kids such names and degrading them without knowing all the facts has become a regular occurrence here.

I have been one of Tommy’s biggest supporter’s from day one - way before you. This thread isn’t about Tommy and his abilities. This thread is all about you.
That poor child was acting like a whiny little bitch. He left the program before the end of the season because Tommy was taking his spot. I think that’s a bad life decision and it won’t serve him well to quit when you don’t get your way. Hopefully he’ll learn something and not act like that in the future. That was my take on his actions. You obviously don’t agree. That’s fine.

When you call him a kid or say that I was “degrading” him that is over dramatic. Your reaction to this thread is not surprising considering the fragile nature of your comments.

The truth is, all I did was repost what someone else typed and posted on this website. This thread is not about me, it’s about how ridiculous this place gets when someone points out a flaw.

Again, your first point is really the only one that has merit. I am an ass.

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:10 pm

utucats wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
But most of the quotes you dug up, are opinions about wether Mellot was ready, maybe agreeing a chance was needed but saying one of the other QB's would be the guy, etc. You are making everyone out as if they called others names. That is the problem I have with it.

Sports is not bigger than life

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:17 pm

tetoncat wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:10 pm
utucats wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
But most of the quotes you dug up, are opinions about wether Mellot was ready, maybe agreeing a chance was needed but saying one of the other QB's would be the guy, etc. You are making everyone out as if they called others names. That is the problem I have with it.
Read through the thread. On multiple occasions I’ve said that some of the posts were from good posters but they still seem funny considering what Tommy has done the last
two weeks.

I gave people some grief and laid it on a little thicker to those that got snarky when saying Tommy wasn’t ready.

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:18 pm

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:07 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Nobody is forcing you to read this thread buddy. You made that choice.
Thank you Belligerent! There is actually a quote from you in this thread. Aren’t you offended?