Predicting next years record for Cats and Griz

The place to talk smack with those not fortunate enough to be Bobcat fans.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

LIBBYCAT
BobcatNation Team Captain

Predicting next years record for Cats and Griz

Post by LIBBYCAT » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:16 pm

Alpha your not allowed to bet till you pay up!

I see the Cats going 8-3WCS, without a finalized schedule we have to presume a D2 or FCS, all games in BSC will be tough,
10-1BCS,
no one really stopped a healthy Prukop in Cramsey's offense last year, Griz game was an abheration for Jake and the offense.
Credit the Griz D for the turnovers? Depending on how the Cats defense comes together and if there is a change in the overall scheme. Plenty of new players on that side of the ball.

As for the Griz. 7-4 BCS losses to NDSU, Liberty, EWU either ISU or MSU, Cal Poly and NAU are no gimmes.
6-5 WCS
New coach, new QB, murderous schedule. Lots of new role players and a new offensive scheme should be interesting.

Will leave it up to Tom to break out the game by game, and put this thread over here to save mods the trouble!

33MONTEBOSTON33
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: Predicting next years record for Cats and Griz

Post by 33MONTEBOSTON33 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:22 am

CATS going 8-3 next year is highly optimistic seeing many new players and young ones too. Replacing 10 of ll defensive players and getting them to gel before years end will be a task. Offensively we must stay healthy and that is paramount to success. Don't know who we are even playing yet. Highly optimistic may be optimistic. [-X [-X [-X

LIBBYCAT

Post by LIBBYCAT » Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:18 pm

Maybe optimistic but:
Do you believe the defense or defensive scheme will perform better or worse than last year?
Bottom line that's the key to success in my opinion.

The offense will have another year under its belt with experience at reciever that really was the question mark last year.
Losing SJ certainly will be something that needs to be offset but I believe the #1 group on this team for depth is running back.
Those backs following arguably the best online they will ever play behind should remain a strength of this team.

I guess defensive improvement, combined with a little good luck in the injury department, I will stick with worst case scenario of 8-3.

LIBBYCAT

Post by LIBBYCAT » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:46 pm

Bumping this back up.

Except for a questionable final series by the Bison/ great drive by the Griz, depending on who you want to believe. My prediction for the Griz record looks to be right on though losses are shuffled. Griz are one play from 1-3 and one play from being 3-1. The razors edge of all the issues I mentioned above.

Early to tell on the Cats but worst case scenario looks like it will be bested.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:34 am

It probably is still too early clearly know how good our opponents are. Of course you have the best case and worst case scenarios, but it is still very unclear which teams are the "real deal". UND and PSU are early surprises but are they real? ISU might be a major disappointment but can they rebound. I think UM and NAU are still question marks in terms of how good they are. The one thing I believe though is the Cats and EWU are the best teams in the conference. I don't see us losing another game.