FRIZ CUPS AT MACDONALDS!!!

The place to talk smack with those not fortunate enough to be Bobcat fans.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

rtb

Post by rtb » Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:48 pm

Grizlaw wrote:
Eastcoastgriz wrote:
BobCatFan wrote:I am bocotting McDonalds until those cups are gone!!!!
Do you really think the 6 cat fans that boycot McDonalds will have any negitive effect on their bottom line?
Depends; are any of 'em MSU cheerleaders? ;)

--GL (Sorry; I couldn't resist)
I don't care who you are...that was funny!!

Grizlaw
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Grizlaw » Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:54 pm

Thanks; I'm here all week...

I almost didn't post it, because a while back when I was on here and feeling a little on the argumentative side, I vaguely remember that I ripped into someone who posted a joke about Griz cheerleaders.

But like I said, I just couldn't pass this one up. If that makes me a hypocrite, then I guess I can live with that. :)

I work as an attorney so that I can afford good scotch, which helps me to forget that I work as an attorney.

orsalak
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by orsalak » Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:48 am

I noticed these cups as well the other day. When the lady at the window handed me the cup I had a sick look on my face. The girl said I know we are sorry but we are getting Cat cups tommorrow.

22-0

mquast53000
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by mquast53000 » Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:55 am

Just found this for you Grizlaw. Really makes you look like an idiotic hypocrite.
Grizlaw wrote: The thing is, making jokes about a school's cheerleaders being fat is about as unoriginal as you can get. Everyone has heard the jokes; they were pretty funny when I was about twelve years old, but became old and tired soon after... If a UM fan made the same post about MSU's cheerleaders, I would still think it was lame.
http://www.bobcatnation.com/bobcatboard ... php?t=2137

FTG

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:25 am

mquast53000 wrote:Just found this for you Grizlaw. Really makes you look like an idiotic hypocrite.
Grizlaw wrote: The thing is, making jokes about a school's cheerleaders being fat is about as unoriginal as you can get. Everyone has heard the jokes; they were pretty funny when I was about twelve years old, but became old and tired soon after... If a UM fan made the same post about MSU's cheerleaders, I would still think it was lame.
http://www.bobcatnation.com/bobcatboard ... php?t=2137
Nice work Quast. You should be a Lawyer. :wink:

Hell's Bells
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hell's Bells » Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:55 am

this thread is why BearBac thinks we have "griz envy" C'mon people its a freakin cup - get over yourselves!

This space for rent....

badasscat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by badasscat » Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:21 am

Just thought I'd add my two cents while everyone is in the boycotting mood. If you wanna boycott do it because McDonalds is making Americans fat and unhealthy. You should not eat at a McDonalds period no matter whats on the cup. But thats just my opinion and you know what they say about those.

Let me explain something to you. Um, I am not "Mr. Lebowski". You're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

UpwithMt
New Recruit

Re: FRIZ CUPS AT MACDONALDS!!!

Post by UpwithMt » Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:44 am

tailbone wrote:
longhorn_22 wrote:......... I will probably never go to McDonalds again now.........
Hey, I've eaten at the Pickle Barrel a few times...even ate a bobcat once. :shock:

I know, I have an idea.
The folks in Bozeman should boycott McDonalds and the folks here in Missoula should boycott Pickle Barrel and we'll see who goes out of business first. :roll:

My favorite sandwich just happens to be the "Bobcat" at Pickle Barrel. Pickle Barrel has great food and it's good for you, so the heck with McDonald's!

El_Gato
Member # Retired

Post by El_Gato » Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:48 am

CHEESE STEAK, baby, CHEESE STEAK.

PB is always an added bonus of any trip to Bozo or Marijuanaville...

Grizzlies: 2-5 when it matters most

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:43 am

Hell's Bells wrote:this thread is why BearBac thinks we have "griz envy" C'mon people its a freakin cup - get over yourselves!
I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you can't hate your biggest rival, then who can you hate?

Frankly I think everyone that likes every team out there, including bitter rivals, has no love for the game. There wouldn't be such a thing as rivalries if this were the case.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

rtb

Post by rtb » Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:54 am

CelticCat wrote:I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you can't hate your biggest rival, then who can you hate?

Frankly I think everyone that likes every team out there, including bitter rivals, has no love for the game. There wouldn't be such a thing as rivalries if this were the case.
AMEN! Just imagine no Yankees/Redsox, no Ohio State/Michigan, no Texas/OU, and no UNC/Duke. These wouldn't be nearly as fun to watch if they didn't hate each other.

Nick
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Nick » Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:55 am

El_Gato wrote:CHEESE STEAK, baby, CHEESE STEAK.

PB is always an added bonus of any trip to Bozo or Marijuanaville...
Man talk about munchies EG. it's good for a trip to Missoula too. :lol:

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:56 am

Hate fuels great rivalries, not mutual respect. :D

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

UMclassof2002
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by UMclassof2002 » Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:09 pm

POST REMOVED BY MODERATOR

Warning: Don't post something that is purely smack and not worth being on this board.

Bleedinbluengold

Post by Bleedinbluengold » Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:46 pm

Eastcoastgriz wrote:
Bleedinbluengold wrote:
Grizlaw wrote:
Bozgriz wrote:GL: I can't go with BH on this one. I heard several stories about him telling players not to go to certain businesses for various reasons. I don't know how true they are, but, I can't support him there. I have a ton of friends on both sides of the rivalry and I love to flip s**t back and forth but when it comes to the business world I just can't get that fired up...
Oh I know Boz; me neither. If Hauck actually said those things (and was serious, and we've got the whole story, etc.), then I would consider him to be out of line.

Similarly, though, I wouldn't really care if I got a Bobcat cup at a restaurant in Missoula. I would laugh about it, and probably give the girl behind the counter some sht about it, but as far as formally complaining to the owner of the business or boycotting the place, I just couldn't take it that seriously. *shrug*
For what it's worth: The Cat-owner of one of the purported establishments in Msla learned of the alleged Hauck comment through a family member who was attending said University and involved in athletics and who had heard Hauck say it.

Now that I've told you this, it is only 4th or 5th-hand information. But, I would not at all be surprised to learn that Hauck said the remark just in hopes that it would spread...whether he actually believed what he was saying, or not.
You're kidding right?? Bleeding do you realize what you posted here?
"But, I would not at all be surprised to learn that Hauck said the remark just in hopes that it would spread...whether he actually believed what he was saying, or not." How do you guys come up with this stuff?
paint me a picture?

Montana State IS what "they" think Montana is.

Eastcoastgriz
Member # Retired

Post by Eastcoastgriz » Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:52 pm

Bleedinbluengold wrote:
Eastcoastgriz wrote:
Bleedinbluengold wrote:
Grizlaw wrote:
Bozgriz wrote:GL: I can't go with BH on this one. I heard several stories about him telling players not to go to certain businesses for various reasons. I don't know how true they are, but, I can't support him there. I have a ton of friends on both sides of the rivalry and I love to flip s**t back and forth but when it comes to the business world I just can't get that fired up...
Oh I know Boz; me neither. If Hauck actually said those things (and was serious, and we've got the whole story, etc.), then I would consider him to be out of line.

Similarly, though, I wouldn't really care if I got a Bobcat cup at a restaurant in Missoula. I would laugh about it, and probably give the girl behind the counter some sht about it, but as far as formally complaining to the owner of the business or boycotting the place, I just couldn't take it that seriously. *shrug*
For what it's worth: The Cat-owner of one of the purported establishments in Msla learned of the alleged Hauck comment through a family member who was attending said University and involved in athletics and who had heard Hauck say it.

Now that I've told you this, it is only 4th or 5th-hand information. But, I would not at all be surprised to learn that Hauck said the remark just in hopes that it would spread...whether he actually believed what he was saying, or not.
You're kidding right?? Bleeding do you realize what you posted here?
"But, I would not at all be surprised to learn that Hauck said the remark just in hopes that it would spread...whether he actually believed what he was saying, or not." How do you guys come up with this stuff?
paint me a picture?
Was discussing this thread with my little brother who lives in Missoula and is good friend with Hauck's little sister. Hope evey one is sitting down --- Coach and his sister (and others) were having lunch at the Pickel Barrel in Missoula - say it isn't so. We all know coach Hauck would never frequent a establisment owned by someone from bozo.

The GRIZ, a quarter century of total football dominance over the cats.

Bozgriz

Post by Bozgriz » Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:59 pm

Went to the McDs in question today. NO CUPS! Damn!!! They had boxed them up and taking them away...

The real crime here is paying $3.00 for the "Walnut and Fruit Salad"-a sliced apple and yogurt cup... :cry:

Grizlaw

Post by Grizlaw » Fri Sep 09, 2005 2:10 pm

mquast53000 wrote:Just found this for you Grizlaw. Really makes you look like an idiotic hypocrite.
Thanks Quastie; I knew I could count on you to find the hypocracy that I had already acknowledged. Good for you. ;)

BTW, while you're up, could you go fetch me a beer from the fridge, too? It's almost 5:00 out here, and I'm getting thirsty...thanks.

I work as an attorney so that I can afford good scotch, which helps me to forget that I work as an attorney.

Hell's Bells
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hell's Bells » Fri Sep 09, 2005 2:24 pm

Grizlaw wrote:
Thanks Quastie; I knew I could count on you to find the hypocracy that I had already acknowledged. Good for you. ;)

BTW, while you're up, could you go fetch me a beer from the fridge, too? It's almost 5:00 out here, and I'm getting thirsty...thanks.
quaist make it in a "bobcat cup" :lol:

This space for rent....

Grizlaw

Post by Grizlaw » Fri Sep 09, 2005 2:25 pm

Hell's Bells wrote:
Grizlaw wrote:

quaist make it in a "bobcat cup" :lol:
No, not that; then I'll have to boycott beer. ;)