FRIZ CUPS AT MACDONALDS!!!

The place to talk smack with those not fortunate enough to be Bobcat fans.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Bozgriz

Post by Bozgriz » Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:51 pm

kmax wrote:Come on Boz, whether you would go so far as to boycott a business over this or not you cannot say with a straight face that it isn't incredibly dumb to be promoting the rival school from a business such as a restaurant. Missoula would be in an uproar(and rightfully so) if Taco Bell started handing out Blue and Gold Bobcats cups with every value meal.
Can't argue with it being dumb... :lol:

I can argue with calling them to complain or threaten to have all my buddies go elsewhere...I see your point, I really do, I just don't think its all that big a deal. Like I said, the Pepsi cans were all over the area last summer and there was not one post I can remember that even mentioned it...

GL: I can't go with BH on this one. I heard several stories about him telling players not to go to certain businesses for various reasons. I don't know how true they are, but, I can't support him there. I have a ton of friends on both sides of the rivalry and I love to flip s**t back and forth but when it comes to the business world I just can't get that fired up...

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:52 pm

Rich and Sheila do not own Micky Ds anymore, they sold it for a large sum of money.

As for the cup thing, that is horrible marketing (why not try and sell confederate flag cups in Memphis). I certainly don't hate the griz, but I certainly don't like Micky Ds enough to eat there until they realize how big of a mistake they just made.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

Grizlaw
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Grizlaw » Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:55 pm

HelenaCat95 wrote:Now that will be $150 please.....something else I've learned from my lawyer friends.
I know New York is quite a bit more expensive than Montana, but I think you should talk to your lawyer friends about teaching you to increase your billing rate a bit. ;)

I work as an attorney so that I can afford good scotch, which helps me to forget that I work as an attorney.

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:00 pm

Grizlaw wrote:
HelenaCat95 wrote:Now that will be $150 please.....something else I've learned from my lawyer friends.
I know New York is quite a bit more expensive than Montana, but I think you should talk to your lawyer friends about teaching you to increase your billing rate a bit. ;)
That's a good one GL :lol:
I will buy you "freedom fries" at Burger Bobs too.
8)

rtb

Post by rtb » Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:00 pm

WOW! Glad we found this hot topic to keep our minds occupied.....IS IT SATURDAY YET?????????????

Grizlaw

Post by Grizlaw » Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:00 pm

Bozgriz wrote:GL: I can't go with BH on this one. I heard several stories about him telling players not to go to certain businesses for various reasons. I don't know how true they are, but, I can't support him there. I have a ton of friends on both sides of the rivalry and I love to flip s**t back and forth but when it comes to the business world I just can't get that fired up...
Oh I know Boz; me neither. If Hauck actually said those things (and was serious, and we've got the whole story, etc.), then I would consider him to be out of line.

Similarly, though, I wouldn't really care if I got a Bobcat cup at a restaurant in Missoula. I would laugh about it, and probably give the girl behind the counter some sht about it, but as far as formally complaining to the owner of the business or boycotting the place, I just couldn't take it that seriously. *shrug*

I work as an attorney so that I can afford good scotch, which helps me to forget that I work as an attorney.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:01 pm

Grizlaw wrote:
Bozgriz wrote:GL: I can't go with BH on this one. I heard several stories about him telling players not to go to certain businesses for various reasons. I don't know how true they are, but, I can't support him there. I have a ton of friends on both sides of the rivalry and I love to flip s**t back and forth but when it comes to the business world I just can't get that fired up...
Oh I know Boz; me neither. If Hauck actually said those things (and was serious, and we've got the whole story, etc.), then I would consider him to be out of line.

Similarly, though, I wouldn't really care if I got a Bobcat cup at a restaurant in Missoula. I would laugh about it, and probably give the girl behind the counter some sht about it, but as far as formally complaining to the owner of the business or boycotting the place, I just couldn't take it that seriously. *shrug*
That's because you are silly. Silly, very silly.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:10 pm

Cat-theotherwhitemeat wrote:Who's gonna run down to McDonald's and get me a set of those cups?

:wink:
I took my son and daughter to Mcdee's lat night and I almost threw-up. Then I ate the food!

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:52 pm

Okay, maybe I'm childish and stupid also; however, a few years ago I went to Cheney to watch the Cats come up a little short (something like 31-13 but I digress) and EVERY stinking business in the town was plastered with either WAZZU or UDubya stickers. I complained to each and every manager about not supporting the town college whether the owner went to either school or not. Don't know if it's any different today, but I think that was about 96 when I had an opportunity to not be in the South and it really concerned me to not see a town in full support of the local college. Anyway, that's the way I see it and what Mac & Dons Supper Club did in Bozo is plain stupid and they deserve to go belly up with that store.

Bleedinbluengold

Post by Bleedinbluengold » Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:00 pm

My only complaint is that the griz beat the Cats to the punch in this case.

I would give just about anything to see Cat cups in Msla...what a hoot.

In regards to whoever, above, said something about the schlep in Seattle making the decision - it would be priceless to find out if that schlep graduated from um!!!

This whole thing just cracks me up...damnit - I wish the Cats would have pulled it off first.

Montana State IS what "they" think Montana is.

Bleedinbluengold

Post by Bleedinbluengold » Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:05 pm

Grizlaw wrote:

For what it's worth: The Cat-owner of one of the purported establishments in Msla learned of the alleged Hauck comment through a family member who was attending said University and involved in athletics and who had heard Hauck say it.

Now that I've told you this, it is only 4th or 5th-hand information. But, I would not at all be surprised to learn that Hauck said the remark just in hopes that it would spread...whether he actually believed what he was saying, or not.

Montana State IS what "they" think Montana is.

SteelheadBum
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by SteelheadBum » Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:30 pm

One of the big time griz boosters told me that Ray Krock's (founder of McDonalds) widow, daughter & son-in-law have griz season sky box tickets. Denny has nice friends!!! This could have something to do with McDonalds & the griz. Oh woe is the Bobcat Nation.............How will we ever beat the griz :cry:

BobCatFan
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by BobCatFan » Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:30 pm

I am bocotting McDonalds until those cups are gone!!!!

rtb

Post by rtb » Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:52 pm

SteelheadBum wrote:One of the big time griz boosters told me that Ray Krock's (founder of McDonalds) widow, daughter & son-in-law have griz season sky box tickets. Denny has nice friends!!! This could have something to do with McDonalds & the griz. Oh woe is the Bobcat Nation.............How will we ever beat the griz :cry:
They do have season sky box tickets, but they really don't get involved with the business much anymore. I doubt this link has anything to do with the cups. Maybe...but I doubt it.

BobcatLionFan
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by BobcatLionFan » Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:10 pm

SteelheadBum wrote:One of the big time griz boosters told me that Ray Krock's (founder of McDonalds) widow, daughter & son-in-law have griz season sky box tickets. Denny has nice friends!!! This could have something to do with McDonalds & the griz. Oh woe is the Bobcat Nation.............How will we ever beat the griz :cry:
The Krock's lived in San Diego for years and years. They actually owned the Padres (MLB) team just prior to John Moore's.

Joan Krock (the widow) died multiple years ago in San Diego.

Highly questionable that they had anything to do with the Griz.

Save the earth. It's the only planet with chocolate.

tailbone
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: FRIZ CUPS AT MACDONALDS!!!

Post by tailbone » Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:14 pm

longhorn_22 wrote:......... I will probably never go to McDonalds again now.........
Hey, I've eaten at the Pickle Barrel a few times...even ate a bobcat once. :shock:

I know, I have an idea.
The folks in Bozeman should boycott McDonalds and the folks here in Missoula should boycott Pickle Barrel and we'll see who goes out of business first. :roll:

rtb

Post by rtb » Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:15 pm

BobcatLionFan wrote:
The Krock's lived in San Diego for years and years. They actually owned the Padres (MLB) team just prior to John Moore's.

Joan Krock (the widow) died multiple years ago in San Diego.

Highly questionable that they had anything to do with the Griz.
His daughter and son-in-law do live in NW Montana and have season tickets to the Griz.

Eastcoastgriz
Member # Retired

Post by Eastcoastgriz » Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:20 pm

Bleedinbluengold wrote:
Grizlaw wrote:

For what it's worth: The Cat-owner of one of the purported establishments in Msla learned of the alleged Hauck comment through a family member who was attending said University and involved in athletics and who had heard Hauck say it.

Now that I've told you this, it is only 4th or 5th-hand information. But, I would not at all be surprised to learn that Hauck said the remark just in hopes that it would spread...whether he actually believed what he was saying, or not.
You're kidding right?? Bleeding do you realize what you posted here?
"But, I would not at all be surprised to learn that Hauck said the remark just in hopes that it would spread...whether he actually believed what he was saying, or not." How do you guys come up with this stuff?

The GRIZ, a quarter century of total football dominance over the cats.

Eastcoastgriz
Member # Retired

Post by Eastcoastgriz » Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:22 pm

BobCatFan wrote:I am bocotting McDonalds until those cups are gone!!!!
Do you really think the 6 cat fans that boycot McDonalds will have any negitive effect on their bottom line?

The GRIZ, a quarter century of total football dominance over the cats.

Grizlaw

Post by Grizlaw » Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:38 pm

Eastcoastgriz wrote:
BobCatFan wrote:I am bocotting McDonalds until those cups are gone!!!!
Do you really think the 6 cat fans that boycot McDonalds will have any negitive effect on their bottom line?
Depends; are any of 'em MSU cheerleaders? ;)

--GL (Sorry; I couldn't resist)