They love the headlines!

The place to talk smack with those not fortunate enough to be Bobcat fans.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

asstastic
BobcatNation Team Captain

They love the headlines!

Post by asstastic » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:48 pm

Griz football player faces misdemeanor DUI charge
Posted: Apr 25, 2013, 8:30 PM

A University of Montana football player faces a misdemeanor drunken driving charge after being stopped while allegedly speeding earlier this month.

William “Bo” Harris was driving a white 2001 Ford with the license plate GRIZ90 at 45 miles per hour in a 25 mph zone, according to the complaint.

A Missoula police officer stopped him at 1:56 a.m. April 14 near the intersection of California and South Third streets, according to the complaint.

Harris provided a breath test that registered 0.097 percent alcohol, according to the complaint. That’s over the legal driving limit of 0.02 percent for minors.

Harris also was cited for speeding and for drinking while under the age of 21. His next appearance in Missoula Municipal Court is set for May 21.

Harris, a redshirt freshman lineman from Fairfield who wears No. 90, has been sanctioned under the UM Student-Athlete Code of Conduct, senior associate athletic director Jean Gee said Thursday.

Privacy regulations forbid administrators from detailing the sanctions against a particular student or UM employee, Gee said, but the Student-Athlete Conduct Code is clear. Violations of the school’s alcohol policy, such as underage drinking, are classified as Category II violations and “are illegal and are prohibited at all times,” according to the code.

A first offense of a Category II violation brings a minimum of a one-game suspension, according to the code.

Meanwhile, a Griz coach also was sanctioned in connection with a weekend incident in which a window was broken in a downtown bar, according to UM officials. A player is being interviewed in connection with that same incident, but has not yet been sanctioned, Gee said.

Athletic director Kent Haslam, interviewed earlier this week about the incident, said that there’s “no doubt coaches are held to a much higher standard.” As for players and coaches alike, he said, “We have high expectations and we are not going to be afraid to hold them to high expectations.”

The incident occurred at 2:12 a.m. Sunday, according to the police report in the case. Although a suspect was identified, no charges were pressed, so names were not released by Missoula police.

Punchin Griz fans in the mouth since 2002 [-o<

#RTD

19-4-0

KittieKop
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: They love the headlines!

Post by KittieKop » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:06 am

:no:

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:30 am

The coach thing is the only part worth talking about. I hate to see anyone drink and drive, but I would think just internal punishment for the players would be appropriate.
Last edited by allcat on Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

Bobcatsinmso
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Bobcatsinmso » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:17 am

Does anyone know which "establishment" the Coach and player were at when the window was broken out? One thing I do know that just like in Vegas, what happens in the Mo club, stays in the Mo club. :wink:

The State of Montana is Bobcat country.
missoula....still just 20 miles from Montana.
FTG

geogfather
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by geogfather » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:22 am

Bobcatsinmso wrote:Does anyone know which "establishment" the Coach and player were at when the window was broken out? One thing I do know that just like in Vegas, what happens in the Mo club, stays in the Mo club. :wink:
Pretty sure it was Stocks, at least if you believe the Missoulian. Never understood why anyone even goes to that ****** hole with so many better options downtown. Never was a fan if it even when I was in school.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Wed May 08, 2013 9:57 pm

geogfather wrote:
Bobcatsinmso wrote:Does anyone know which "establishment" the Coach and player were at when the window was broken out? One thing I do know that just like in Vegas, what happens in the Mo club, stays in the Mo club. :wink:
Pretty sure it was Stocks, at least if you believe the Missoulian. Never understood why anyone even goes to that ****** hole with so many better options downtown. Never was a fan if it even when I was in school.
Free beers from Donnie and Mike make it someplace I still have to visit, although I heard Donnie's health isn't so good.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride