MSU backing down

The place to talk smack with those not fortunate enough to be Bobcat fans.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Walk-on
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Re: MSU backing down

Post by Walk-on » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:07 am

Please put this thread on the smack board. I promise I'll quit looking at it then.... I can't help myself with it here because it is the only thread that anybody seems to care about. I would put a photo of two dum-dums beating a dead mule on here or maybe the three stooges.
Good news for Cat fans is we get another night game. Bad news for our AD is he is taking a little heat for a controversial action to please fans. The only heat comes from icefisherman with frozen boogers and tears.
Good news for cows is that they get a rest. Bad news is their AD is amature and doesn't understand. Hopefully he gets it together before the FCS passes him by. Hopefully he can find another team to pay to play.

Armchair QB and Monday Morning Extraordinaire

doebrmn
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by doebrmn » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:30 am

[quote][quote="lakesbison"][quote="doebrmn"]I think it should be pointed out to the dipsh*t NDSU fans whining and calling out the MSU Coaches and Players because the Ath. Dept. (not the coaches and players) has to make economic decisions that are best for the entire athletic department, that NDSU doesn't even play its own biggest rival, UND. A team that beat them 9 out of the last 11 times they played. Given the fact that the UND/NDSU is the biggest game in ND and attracts the most fans, what does it say about how chicken sh*t NDSU is that they won't play UND. I think that pretty much says it all.[/quote]

HA HA. who is this clown?

UND stopped playing NDSU.. hell they even had a PRESS CONFERENCE in 2003 to announce it!!

NDSU said, OK, we will go D1 alone. NDSU called SDSU and the rest is history. NDSU has succeeded more in last 10 years without them , then that last 100 years. COINCIDENCE?? obviously... haha. NDSU has won 2 National Titles, beat 6 FBS teams. und hasn't done squat.

NDSU playoff games are the biggest game in ND, plus the Minnesota games, the Kansas State games, the Colorado State game.

but don't let facts get in the way DOE>[/quote][/quote]

Maybe you should be the one to get your facts straight. Afterall, its your team clown. The PRESS CONFERENCE IN 2003 was about whether UND would move up. It had nothing to do with continuing to play. At that time UND had made the decision not to move up and NDSU had. The game could have been scheduled with NDSU playing FCS (I-AA) and UND DII but NSDU wouldn't agree to schedule it every year. And NDSU still continues to duck it because they are chickensh*t.

"NDSU-UND football game remains on hold with schools at impasse

The athletic directors at North Dakota State and the University of North Dakota are at a stalemate in renewing the football series. And there appears to be no hope for checkmate in the near future.

The crux of the problem is the frequency of the game. UND’s Brian Faison wants to play every year; NDSU’s Gene Taylor prefers every other year.

http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. ... d-w?blog=2

But hey, keep on proving that you are a dip sh*t NDSU fan and giving the whole fan base a bad name.

CLOWN

kcatz

Post by kcatz » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:56 pm

While I never thought I'd ever say it, these bizzun fans are starting to make griz fans look like they have some class
Well at the very least the EWU fans aren't as annoying anymore.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:09 pm

kcatz wrote:
While I never thought I'd ever say it, these bizzun fans are starting to make griz fans look like they have some class
Well at the very least the EWU fans aren't as annoying anymore.
EWU has upchuckbeagle, NDSU has lakesbullshipper. If you eliminate those two guys, the rational of fans then doubles.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

FTG06'
Member # Retired

Post by FTG06' » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:05 pm

Fields has committed scheduling suicide for this team. Nobody will want to come to Bozeman unless the Cats go on the road first to honor a home and home. Maybe Ash should just take over the AD duties. I'm tired of Fields single handedly sabotaging the success of this team with his horrible decision making skills.

Men, do your duty.
3-7-77

ABQCat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by ABQCat » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:10 pm

Drake and SFA aren't complaining. It happens. This is just a really minor footnote in the overall story.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:49 pm

ABQCat wrote:Drake and SFA aren't complaining. It happens. This is just a really minor footnote in the overall story.
+1

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

FTG06'
Member # Retired

Post by FTG06' » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:50 pm

Double post
Last edited by FTG06' on Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Men, do your duty.
3-7-77

FTG06'
Member # Retired

Post by FTG06' » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:24 pm

ABQCat wrote:Drake and SFA aren't complaining. It happens. This is just a really minor footnote in the overall story.
Disagree. This comes at a critical juncture in the progression of this team and where it wants to go. Fields is destroying the identity of Montana State Football.

Men, do your duty.
3-7-77

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:28 pm

FTG06' wrote: Disagree. This comes at a critical juncture in the progression of this team and where it wants to go. Fields is destroying the identity of Montana State Football.
Well I think that is just a tiny bit of an overstatement. Some pissed off NDSU fans and AD doesn't destroy MSU football. Players aren't going to jump ship because they don't get to travel to Fargo next September. What MSU does in conference play and the playoffs determines its identity, not who they do or don't play.

Walk-on

Post by Walk-on » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:54 am

MSU01 wrote:
FTG06' wrote: Disagree. This comes at a critical juncture in the progression of this team and where it wants to go. Fields is destroying the identity of Montana State Football.
Well I think that is just a tiny bit of an overstatement. Some pissed off NDSU fans and AD doesn't destroy MSU football. Players aren't going to jump ship because they don't get to travel to Fargo next September. What MSU does in conference play and the playoffs determines its identity, not who they do or don't play.
I'm a season ticket holder, so a guaranteed Thursday night and 6th game is better for me as a fan. I was planning on going to Fargo, but am relieved that I don't have to worry about those tickets. Peter Fields did this for me, the students, and everybody else that comes to Bobcat Stadium. I think I can speak for most and say "thank-you".

Besides, I would rather play them in Fargo during cold weather when we can make use of that pole-barn that is not really a dome. Who wants to play or even spectate a game in-doors when the weather is so nice in September. At least they installed better turf.

Armchair QB and Monday Morning Extraordinaire

Bobcat Sig
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat Sig » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:10 am

Walk-on wrote:
MSU01 wrote:
I'm a season ticket holder, so a guaranteed Thursday night and 6th game is better for me as a fan. I was planning on going to Fargo, but am relieved that I don't have to worry about those tickets. Peter Fields did this for me, the students, and everybody else that comes to Bobcat Stadium. I think I can speak for most and say "thank-you".

Besides, I would rather play them in Fargo during cold weather when we can make use of that pole-barn that is not really a dome. Who wants to play or even spectate a game in-doors when the weather is so nice in September. At least they installed better turf.
This. All of it.

griz fans; keeping it classy and gracious in winning since ... well, never.

KittieKop
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by KittieKop » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:11 am

Walk-on wrote:
MSU01 wrote:

+1.

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

lakesbison
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by lakesbison » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:43 pm

Its been a long week and I STILL cant believe you backed out.. lol.

bobcatbob
Member # Retired

Post by bobcatbob » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:17 pm

Lakes we thought you finally went away. Yes our AD did his job and secured an important 6th home game by using the money from scheduling the SMU game. It's a win win for Bobcat fans, players, MSU athletics and the Bozeman community. It was done leagally according to the terms of the copntract your AD signed. Case closed!

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:39 pm

bobcatbob wrote:Lakes we thought you finally went away. Yes our AD did his job and secured an important 6th home game by using the money from scheduling the SMU game. It's a win win for Bobcat fans, players, MSU athletics and the Bozeman community. It was done leagally according to the terms of the copntract your AD signed. Case closed!
He's been busy posting on the SMU and Big East boards.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:47 pm

rebel wrote:
FTG06' wrote:Fields has committed scheduling suicide for this team. Nobody will want to come to Bozeman unless the Cats go on the road first to honor a home and home. Maybe Ash should just take over the AD duties. I'm tired of Fields single handedly sabotaging the success of this team with his horrible decision making skills.
Very wise. I would think that any decent FCS program would require MSU to come to their house first, therefore negating the possibility of a 'postponement' or buyout. =D^
I don't know whether or not this will make potential FCS opponents wary of scheduling a future home and home with MSU, but there's a very simple solution for that. They should simply require that a larger buyout be written into the contract, and/or an earlier deadline for the buyout to be exercised.

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:50 pm

lakesbison wrote:Its been a long week and I STILL cant believe you backed out.. lol.
Oh Ok you win...we'll play you...when do you want us there....just can't make it on Sept 7th...we'll be in Dallas

2024 Resume dominance

doebrmn
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by doebrmn » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:12 pm

[quote="Helcat72"][quote="lakesbison"]Its been a long week and I [b]STILL[/b] cant believe you backed out.. lol.[/quote]

Oh Ok you win...we'll play you...when do you want us there....just can't make it on Sept 7th...we'll be in Dallas[/quote]

And I am still waiting for your genius comeback after you were totally schooled on your UND theories. A&& Clown

word1
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by word1 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:19 am

I can put it pretty plainly...UND and MSU schooling anybody is ludicrous.

Apparently MSU is strapped for cash, made a move to make money. It looks like they bitched out because that is what they did at the time. They might tie for the big sky title again, and good for them. MSU will lose in the quarterfinals like they do every year.

MSU and upper FCS are oxymorons.