Truth is...

The place to talk smack with those not fortunate enough to be Bobcat fans.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Re: Truth is...

Post by bobcat99 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:18 pm

RickRund wrote:I put ZERO, 0, NADA, ziltch credence in this post only for the reason it is so poorly written.....
See, I think that makes it more credible. Most of our athletes aren't uhhh...scholarly.

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:37 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
RickRund wrote:I put ZERO, 0, NADA, ziltch credence in this post only for the reason it is so poorly written.....
See, I think that makes it more credible. Most of our athletes aren't uhhh...scholarly.
Well there's a really broad, and extremely poor, generalization.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

msu_agfan
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by msu_agfan » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:45 pm

wouldnt this thread fall under that category that the moderators discussed in "taking back bobcat nation"? To leave this up for this long, what am I missing?

Animal Science/ Ag Business '96

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:48 pm

kmax wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:
Well there's a really broad, and extremely poor, generalization.
seems to be a trend lately. :lol:

saintcat40
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by saintcat40 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:52 pm

I have been as critical as anyone regarding Ash (ok, not as critical as LTCF :) ), particularly in reference to not making drastic changes in the defensive coaching staff. However, I really agree with ilovethecats on this. There is a correct way to handle this as a former player. I am disappointed that this "former player" didn't learn in his time with the team how to work out stuff within the team. Man up and take the proper channels.

MSU Toddler
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by MSU Toddler » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:14 pm

You get what you measure.

Remembering that Coach Ash is an employee of MSU, I imagine this exit interview by a "former player" speaks volumes about the metrics and their order of importance that Coach Ash must have to answer for. Quite frankly it is apparent that the top priorities include building a brand of a winning program with young men of character (mostly) who graduate from MSU with a degree. I would also guess that winning a national championship is a goal, but not at the expense of the others...

Also, at the end of the day - most people truly care about themselves and their needs first. So while disappointing to hear speculation that Coach Ash may throw someone under the bus in order to keep his job, there are very few people in this world who would shock me to find out that they didn't think of themselves first.

Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

33MONTEBOSTON33
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by 33MONTEBOSTON33 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:31 pm

So why do you think Ash was brought in as Head Coach? Peter Fields hired him to clean up the program and keep the pressure off of him. I have never thought Ash was into winning although he has done so. If there is smoke, let's find the fire. I have heard many adverse comments about player/coach relationship. Time for MSU/Fields/NCAA investigate violations allegations. But they won't. Let the ball land where it may. None of it is good for BOBCAT football.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:34 pm

33MONTEBOSTON33 wrote:So why do you think Ash was brought in as Head Coach? Peter Fields hired him to clean up the program and keep the pressure off of him. I have never thought Ash was into winning although he has done so. If there is smoke, let's find the fire. I have heard many adverse comments about player/coach relationship. Time for MSU/Fields/NCAA investigate violations allegations. But they won't. Let the ball land where it may. None of it is good for BOBCAT football.
Uh... so there might be some adversity between some coaches and some players? would you mind sending me a list of college football programs that don't have adversity between players and coaches? I'll wait right here. Thanks.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:37 pm

go ahead and give me any team in the country and I can assure you they all have kids on the team that doesn't like the coach. kids on the team that thinks they should be playing more. kids on the team that don't like other kids on the team.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:41 pm

I'm not reading that giant wall of text.

If anyone cares to summarize it in a legible format I'll indulge, but:

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:59 pm

Looks like if Ash was such a greedy guy and just does enough to get his bonuses then surely he would want to make the championship game and win because that alone would far out gain his GPA and APR bonuses.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:12 pm

Hawks86 wrote:Looks like if Ash was such a greedy guy and just does enough to get his bonuses then surely he would want to make the championship game and win because that alone would far out gain his GPA and APR bonuses.

Now don't go making sense!

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:29 pm

msu_agfan wrote:wouldnt this thread fall under that category that the moderators discussed in "taking back bobcat nation"? To leave this up for this long, what am I missing?
It's right on the edge...I honestly weighed it quite awhile before I decided what to do but as I posted in my previous comment I was going to let it go and keep things on a short leash. The vast majority of what was posted is purely opinion and a lot has even been said here before by others. Having left it up, I'm actually quite happy with the BobcatNation community response to this poster. Thanks to all for what has been quite level headed.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Jobu
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Jobu » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:42 pm

misused homophones
Not that there's anything wrong with those....

Hats for bats. Keeps bats warm.

Bobcatsinmso
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Bobcatsinmso » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:48 pm

The last time I tried to read a manifesto like that it was written by some guy in a shack somewhere near Lincoln Montana. Ted something I believe. In the end it did not work out too well for him. ](*,)

The State of Montana is Bobcat country.
missoula....still just 20 miles from Montana.
FTG

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:49 pm

Jobu wrote:
misused homophones
Not that there's anything wrong with those....
Oh, there, their, they're young man... :lol: You sir, are not politically correct in any shape, or form. You're twisted...

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:52 pm

I wonder if McGhee lists Ash as a reference on his resume?

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:53 pm

Bobcatsinmso wrote:The last time I tried to read a manifesto like that it was written by some guy in a shack somewhere near Lincoln Montana. Ted something I believe. In the end it did not work out too well for him. ](*,)
He's eating something better than rutabagas now! Probably much warmer also... :lol:

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:55 pm

Hawks86 wrote:I wonder if McGhee lists Ash as a reference on his resume?
Brian Wright, the one who headed for Ewe tahaaa State, and the OC now (maybe not the present one).

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:46 pm

Hawks86 wrote:I wonder if McGhee lists Ash as a reference on his resume?
I doubt it.