Truth is...

The place to talk smack with those not fortunate enough to be Bobcat fans.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Re: Truth is...

Post by mslacatfan » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:31 am

LongTimeCatFan wrote:BBT,

I get where you're coming from. The message from Rob Ash reads loud and clear to anyone looking. He's a politician. Period. He's lost in his own delusion and will fail to recognize that every self preserving act is actually driving people away that see through his BS.

I get it. It's hard to play with the heart of a champion when the fire get snuffed out. McEndoo would be a great coach. He's still a fiery guy, but also a great mentor and team builder.

But you're going to have a hard time convincing the Ash guards of anything wrong with Ash. You see, these guys won't and don't want to believe it. They're content with the mediocre seasons, the perennial beat downs in November, etc., just as long as he keeps producing winning seasons, keeps a high APR and graduation rate, and keeps the image of the program up. So the only way to take a guy like this down is the same way Jim Tressel went down. If you know there were NCAA violations, report them to the NCAA not the MSU compliance office. Let the chips fall where they may.
So just because I don't think Ash should be fired, that means I am "content with mediocre seasons"? C'mon man, that's ridiculous.

As for the original post- We have had these posts in the past from "ex-players'... If the guy is so passionate about his thoughts, opinions, etc. And is going to make some pretty serious allegations (the attorney thing) then I wish he would own up to it and put his name on the bottom of the post.... just my opinion.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

basincat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by basincat » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:41 am

Definitely needs to put his name on the post if he wants it taken seriously. Otherwise, he's probably just a kid who didn't get the PT he thought he deserved. And that's not to say that I think he's lying. I don't think Ash should be fired when we are primed to have a great season next year. But he does come off phony and like a politician.

lutecat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by lutecat » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:42 am

I take from this......we need to make our football players take more writing classes.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:51 am

Oh man! Here comes the chatroom grammar police! Hope there aren't' any dangling participles, misused homophones, etc. by y'all. Just sayin...

tampa_griz
Golden Bobcat

Post by tampa_griz » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:51 am

Dumpster fire! Dumpster fire!

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:56 am

Cat Grad wrote:Oh man! Here comes the chatroom grammar police! Hope there aren't' any dangling participles, misused homophones, etc. by y'all. Just sayin...
I just would hope that a loooooooooooooooong, drawn out post like this one would come from ewu, uOFm, etc.....Not very happy that this may be one of our students/former students.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

One Cool Customer
New Recruit

Post by One Cool Customer » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:57 am

As a griz fan I should be using this as trash talk fuel ( nice writing skills) but this garbage stinks way too much. Either take your complaint to the proper channels, or more likely, go see your guidance counselor tomorrow between 1rst period gym class and 2nd period algebra and ask for help on your college applications because that English isnt working for anyone...or lay off the sauce...if this truly is an ex player, then be a man and go to the NCAA on the lawyer thing. Or shut up.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:01 am

If this is an example of the writing skills that our team has, my bigger concern is that some of these guys don't really attend many classes.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

lutecat

Post by lutecat » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:09 am

Cat Grad wrote:Oh man! Here comes the chatroom grammar police! Hope there aren't' any dangling participles, misused homophones, etc. by y'all. Just sayin...

come on. that was purty :wink: bad

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:10 am

As an undergraduate, I had a work study job for Mary Uber in the business department correcting business communications tests/papers. A senior engineering student with a GPA over 3.8 was sent to her as he needed freshman writing in order to graduate. This piece of work makes him look like an honors English student.

TIrwin24

Post by TIrwin24 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:34 am

I'm willing to bet that it's a parent or relative of an athlete that got passed over on the team.

Is Ash the world's greatest coach? No. But is he one of the winningest coaches ever? Yes (31st according to Wikipedia). The point is, he must be doing something right.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_co ... h_200_wins

"I've always followed in my father's footsteps, not necessarily because I wanted to, but because it is in my spirit."

-Singlefin Yellow

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:45 am

Alright folks, this one is going to be on a VERY short leash. Unfortunately I cannot verify if this is or is not a former player so this really amounts to nothing more than heresy and opinion of some random internet troll. Should the original poster choose to man up and give a name to put with his opinion, so be it. Otherwise this won't have to go very far off the rails before I shut it down, fair warning.

On the bigger picture, I concur with many others here. If you really have a beef with Ash as a player, this isn't really a very productive outlet. Go talk to the Administration, either in Athletics or if you feel that isn't enough then of the University.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:03 am

TIrwin24 wrote:I'm willing to bet that it's a parent or relative of an athlete that got passed over on the team.

Is Ash the world's greatest coach? No. But is he one of the winningest coaches ever? Yes (31st according to Wikipedia). The point is, he must be doing something right.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_co ... h_200_wins
To me, he's a failure because:

1) We don't serve alcohol in the student section.

2) He won't allow students to bring beer bottles or whiskey bottles into the stadium.

3) He doesn't require all spectators to be back in time for the second half kickoff.

4) He has no emotions. He must be very boring to listen to.

5) He never goes for it on fourth down.

6) He goes for it on fourth down on the Cat side of the 50.

7) He won't fire Jamie Marshall.

8.) He loses too many assistant coaches to better paying schools.

9) He is content working on a high school coaches salary. There must be something wrong with him or the SEC schools would have hired him by now.

10) He is 2-6 in the playoffs.

11) His son is into statistics and works in the athletic department.

12) My pet peeve. He won't take his staff out of state to where the majority of the well off boosters live and work as the major programs such as Nebraska, all the SEC teams...wait! That's what the Athletic Director and University President does in those schools! Scratch that!

13) He doesn't like fraternities.

14) He's not loyal (and did I mention he won't fire Jamie Marshall?)

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:10 am

Great opportunity for the #fireash crew.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

fsburr1
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by fsburr1 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:15 am

This post should be removed.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:16 am

fsburr1 wrote:This post should be removed.
Then delete it. But keep the thread.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:28 am

I put ZERO, 0, NADA, ziltch credence in this post only for the reason it is so poorly written.....

msubobcats@outlook.com

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:42 am

I think this sums it up.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

or

or ! more

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:03 pm

kwcat wrote:I think this sums it up.

or

or ! more

I believe that you have hit the nail on the head......

msubobcats@outlook.com

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:10 pm

LongTimeCatFan wrote:
But you're going to have a hard time convincing the Ash guards of anything wrong with Ash. You see, these guys won't and don't want to believe it. They're content with the mediocre seasons, the perennial beat downs in November, etc., just as long as he keeps producing winning seasons, keeps a high APR and graduation rate, and keeps the image of the program up. So the only way to take a guy like this down is the same way Jim Tressel went down. If you know there were NCAA violations, report them to the NCAA not the MSU compliance office. Let the chips fall where they may.
I don't know if I fall into this category as I'm positive there are flaws in ash's coaching style. I'm certainly not content with mediocre seasons and especially not our performances against the griz or in the playoffs. and I've stated as much several times. I'm just not as sure that he is as clueless about football as other people seem to be so certain of.

so I don't need any convincing of that fact. ash has areas to improve on. what will take A LOT of convincing for me at least, is that I should take the word of a former player who chooses to bash the character of another person while hiding behind a screen name. it's pathetic. for me it's annoying when fans like to spew this garbage but at least in those cases I can disregard what they are saying because they don't have a clue what goes on with this team. but when a former player comes on right after the season to bash the head coach, and does so anonymously I find it to be chicken-******.

so either this guy is not a former player and just making stuff up, or he is a former player who is a coward with an agenda. if his goal was really to set the record straight in regards to what a terrible and unethical coach ash is...bobcatnation might not be the ideal forum... :shrug: