A question on the rules, RAMS/Seahawks

The place for news, information and discussion about anything related to pro sports.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

A question on the rules, RAMS/Seahawks

Post by RickRund » Sun Jan 08, 2023 6:42 pm

Anyone watch the RAMS\Seahawks.

The last hawks series in regular time. The running into the kicker call on the RAMS. I thought the defender was pushed into the kicker. The defender wasn't even facing the kicker, basically had his backer to the kicker, off balance and falling, seemed to be pushed by a blocker.

Same series, Geno Smith scrambled and running downfield and to me ran into Ramsey out of bounds. Ramsey was called for roughing.

Last series the group meeting in the endzone after the Seahawk interception, taunting??? Curious

To me, very POOR calls. Am I just looking at it through blue/gold glasses? Thanks

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Re: A question on the rules, RAMS/Seahawks

Post by cats2506 » Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:53 am

RickRund wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 6:42 pm

The last hawks series in regular time. The running into the kicker call on the RAMS. I thought the defender was pushed into the kicker. The defender wasn't even facing the kicker, basically had his backer to the kicker, off balance and falling, seemed to be pushed by a blocker.

Same series, Geno Smith scrambled and running downfield and to me ran into Ramsey out of bounds. Ramsey was called for roughing.

Last series the group meeting in the endzone after the Seahawk interception, taunting??? Curious

To me, very POOR calls. Am I just looking at it through blue/gold glasses? Thanks
I saw the game too, thought they were all bad calls.

I think there should have been an intentional grounding call in there too.

I don't watch a lot of NFL but have been watching some of the Rams games with the MSU guys being there

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:50 pm

cats2506 wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:53 am
RickRund wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 6:42 pm

I saw the game too, thought they were all bad calls.

I think there should have been an intentional grounding call in there too.

I don't watch a lot of NFL but have been watching some of the Rams games with the MSU guys being there
Thanks. Forgot about the intentional grounding. The officials definitely helped out the hawks..

msubobcats@outlook.com

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:42 pm

I really wanted the Rams to win that game, and they definitely got jobbed on those calls. I'm a Rams fan but the game didn't really mean anything to them. I hate the Seahawks though so I wanted to knock them out of the playoffs. And I was also rooting for the Lions to make the playoffs which would have happened if the Rams had won.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:42 am

I knew I wasn't crazy... RAM fans and Lions fans had/have a legitimate beef with the officiating.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/354 ... ontroversy

msubobcats@outlook.com

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:51 am

Daniel Hardy was right in the middle of that roughing the punter call. He arrives with the second wave but ends up facedown just as Williams backs into the punter. It was hard for me to tell which team caused Williams to fall into the punter as he was already stumbling when he came into frame. I assume when you are pushed into the kicker, it’s still a penalty if your own team does the pushing.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:42 am

Rules? We don't have time for stinking rules. If the refs can't call when a lineman clearly moves early on a touchdown play, they clearly only use them when they want, hence no rules. Maybe there guys will get people to quit complaining about big sky refs.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic