Alex Singleton...

The place for news, information and discussion about anything related to pro sports.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 19432
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: Alex Singleton...

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:39 am

Five tackles and two pass deflections.


MSU - 16 team National Champions (most recent 2024); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

User avatar
technoCat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4296
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:06 pm
Location: Bozeman

Re: Alex Singleton...

Post by technoCat » Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:51 am

And it doesn't go on a stat sheet but several times he came on a blitz, occupied two offensive linemen, and the Jones twisted behind him fo a free run at the qb


DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

User avatar
RickRund
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7374
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:08 pm
Location: Post Falls ID

Re: Alex Singleton...

Post by RickRund » Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:01 pm

I figured Alex would be the NFC Defensive Player of the Week. His stats were more than impressive..pressie...

Tariq Woolen from. Seattle took the honors, 5 tackles, an INT and a fu ble recovery.

Alex, 21 total, 19 solo, 2 tackles for loss, 1 PD and 1 QB hit...


msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

User avatar
Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3572
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:26 pm
Location: Nevada

Re: Alex Singleton...

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:45 pm

RickRund wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:01 pm
I figured Alex would be the NFC Defensive Player of the Week. His stats were more than impressive..pressie...

Tariq Woolen from. Seattle took the honors, 5 tackles, an INT and a fu ble recovery.

Alex, 21 total, 19 solo, 2 tackles for loss, 1 PD and 1 QB hit...
I don’t know if it helps Alex here, but Denver is an AFC team.



Cataholic
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6763
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: Alex Singleton...

Post by Cataholic » Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:51 pm

By the way, noticed Alex was a team captain for the game last week! Pretty awesome!



ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6512
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:12 pm

Re: Alex Singleton...

Post by ilovethecats » Fri Oct 21, 2022 1:09 am

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:45 pm
RickRund wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:01 pm
I figured Alex would be the NFC Defensive Player of the Week. His stats were more than impressive..pressie...

Tariq Woolen from. Seattle took the honors, 5 tackles, an INT and a fu ble recovery.

Alex, 21 total, 19 solo, 2 tackles for loss, 1 PD and 1 QB hit...
I don’t know if it helps Alex here, but Denver is an AFC team.
:lol:
Literally was dying with this one.



User avatar
RickRund
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7374
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:08 pm
Location: Post Falls ID

Re: Alex Singleton...

Post by RickRund » Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:43 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 1:09 am
Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:45 pm
RickRund wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:01 pm
I figured Alex would be the NFC Defensive Player of the Week. His stats were more than impressive..pressie...

Tariq Woolen from. Seattle took the honors, 5 tackles, an INT and a fu ble recovery.

Alex, 21 total, 19 solo, 2 tackles for loss, 1 PD and 1 QB hit...
I don’t know if it helps Alex here, but Denver is an AFC team.
:lol:
Literally was dying with this one.
Oh good grief, brain fart. All I could think of was Philly...


msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6512
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:12 pm

Re: Alex Singleton...

Post by ilovethecats » Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:59 am

RickRund wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:43 am
ilovethecats wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 1:09 am
Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:45 pm
RickRund wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:01 pm
I figured Alex would be the NFC Defensive Player of the Week. His stats were more than impressive..pressie...

Tariq Woolen from. Seattle took the honors, 5 tackles, an INT and a fu ble recovery.

Alex, 21 total, 19 solo, 2 tackles for loss, 1 PD and 1 QB hit...
I don’t know if it helps Alex here, but Denver is an AFC team.
:lol:
Literally was dying with this one.
Oh good grief, brain fart. All I could think of was Philly...
I know. Just laughed at how he worded his response. :wink:



User avatar
RickRund
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7374
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:08 pm
Location: Post Falls ID

Re: Alex Singleton...

Post by RickRund » Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:26 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:59 am
RickRund wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:43 am
ilovethecats wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 1:09 am
Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:45 pm
RickRund wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:01 pm
I figured Alex would be the NFC Defensive Player of the Week. His stats were more than impressive..pressie...

Tariq Woolen from. Seattle took the honors, 5 tackles, an INT and a fu ble recovery.

Alex, 21 total, 19 solo, 2 tackles for loss, 1 PD and 1 QB hit...
I don’t know if it helps Alex here, but Denver is an AFC team.
:lol:
Literally was dying with this one.
Oh good grief, brain fart. All I could think of was Philly...
I know. Just laughed at how he worded his response. :wink:
I will use the excuse that I am turning 76 tomorrow :lol: :lol:


msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

User avatar
RickRund
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7374
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:08 pm
Location: Post Falls ID

Re: Alex Singleton...

Post by RickRund » Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:31 am

In the game wrap up on espn there was no mention of the great night that Alex had. Even in defeat there should have been something written.


msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

Rich K
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5008
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:40 pm
Location: Cody WY

Re: Alex Singleton...

Post by Rich K » Fri Oct 21, 2022 2:10 pm

https://www.espn.com/nfl/preview?gameId=401437799
TACKLING MACHINE

Broncos LB Alex Singleton's 21 tackles last week, 19 of them solo, were the most in the league since LB Kwon Alexander had 21 in the Buccaneers' 26-20 loss at Dallas on Dec. 18, 2016. Alexander had 10 solo stops and 11 assisted tackles that day.

Singleton wouldn't normally keep track of his tackles, but he said Josey (Jewell) kept joshing with him on the sideline about all the plays he was making.

"I was just kind of in the moment and when you're getting off the field, even if you made two tackles on the series, it doesn't seem like they're stacking up like that," Singleton said.


Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

User avatar
RickRund
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7374
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:08 pm
Location: Post Falls ID

Re: Alex Singleton...

Post by RickRund » Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:20 pm

Rich K wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 2:10 pm
https://www.espn.com/nfl/preview?gameId=401437799
TACKLING MACHINE

Broncos LB Alex Singleton's 21 tackles last week, 19 of them solo, were the most in the league since LB Kwon Alexander had 21 in the Buccaneers' 26-20 loss at Dallas on Dec. 18, 2016. Alexander had 10 solo stops and 11 assisted tackles that day.

Singleton wouldn't normally keep track of his tackles, but he said Josey (Jewell) kept joshing with him on the sideline about all the plays he was making.

"I was just kind of in the moment and when you're getting off the field, even if you made two tackles on the series, it doesn't seem like they're stacking up like that," Singleton said.
Thanks Rich K... I think the Broncos should probably go after young hauck next year. Then they could have two tackling machines. Maybe they could also hire the gris stat guy :D :D


msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

User avatar
BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired
Posts: 2991
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:00 pm
Location: Back in the US, but not home

Re: Alex Singleton...

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:07 pm

Alex would have had thirty with the Griz stat guy.


"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

MSUBRONCO
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1360
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:37 am
Location: Bellevue,WA

Re: Alex Singleton...

Post by MSUBRONCO » Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:26 am

Just gonna say it's awesome on the denver facebook page seeing so many positive comments about singleton



Post Reply